Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    I like being able to schedule NMs around my life rather than my life around the NMs. I also like being able to actually be able to take my LS to do those NMs instead of just no-lifers being able to attend and get the shinys.

This imo is a good change since there are going to be a lot more pops on the servers now. That 3 hours spent waiting to POSSIBLY get a pop can be spent ACTUALLY working on getting a pop.
    (1)

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    But there in lies the problem, whats supposed to make MMO unique is diversity. If eveyone has and does the exact same thing then whats the point in playing? If you want the best gear you should have to pay the price, if you think a 21-24hr pop is omgitssohardtoclaim then you don't camp em. I would get a King pop maby 3-6x a month before when there would always be 100 or more at camp. I think ppl only cry bots to try and justify themselfs in complaing about how they weren't good enough to claim, same goes for calling ppl no lifers. These are are ignorant ppl that go nuts every time they lost a claim and spout off nonsense like "omg bots bots bots they have no life QQQQQQQQQ", we all know several ppl like this and we all know not everyone bots. SE said before they wanted to give us "Choices", my choice is to camp and duke it out for the best gear cause i enjoy doing it. If you dont wanna do that then go to w/e alternative there is for end game equip.
    (0)

Character
    Pigmoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Natenn View Post
    But there in lies the problem, whats supposed to make MMO unique is diversity. If eveyone has and does the exact same thing then whats the point in playing? If you want the best gear you should have to pay the price, if you think a 21-24hr pop is omgitssohardtoclaim then you don't camp em. I would get a King pop maby 3-6x a month before when there would always be 100 or more at camp. I think ppl only cry bots to try and justify themselfs in complaing about how they weren't good enough to claim, same goes for calling ppl no lifers. These are are ignorant ppl that go nuts every time they lost a claim and spout off nonsense like "omg bots bots bots they have no life QQQQQQQQQ", we all know several ppl like this and we all know not everyone bots. SE said before they wanted to give us "Choices", my choice is to camp and duke it out for the best gear cause i enjoy doing it. If you dont wanna do that then go to w/e alternative there is for end game equip.
    I agree with you mostly cause I know you in game and understand what you're saying.

I do think that the best gear should be available only through the most legit way. This way should take time, effort, kill and focus. The thing I love about camping is, it's not easy. It requires me to focus and I kinda enjoy the rush of it. The unknown and luck aspect of it is fun to me but if the drops suck and arent worth anything, ill admit I wouldnt try.

Looking at this from a point of a view of a person who doesn't enjoy camping. I'd think I'd love einherjar. How many of you anti CAMPERS (not anti HNM) but those of you who don't enjoy camping monsters, actually enjoy einherjar? Do you think that's fair? Einher to me is a lot of fun! You can't rush to odin either so this event is the -perfect- event to me that establishes itself as both casual and elite. Its a perfect mix. It's casual in that it only takes 30minutes to do (not counting gather/organize time) and you have to actually focus and be good. (speaking back at 75.. lol) You couldn't just take a bunch of leeched/afk type ppl who want drops handed to them and go straight to odin with 3/3 or 9/9 wins. TYhat's not how it worked, but it was so time friendly and NOT consuming, the only excuse people had for not getting king drops from einherjar was, the group wasn't skilled enough. This event needs to return in some way or get a buff. This is where the BEST drops should be.

The whole 1-7 type spawns (varying from DI to Tiamat etc), those are fun. FFXI should bring back rare NMs. Natenn made a good point earlier in that, where is the accomplishment in defeating NMs now? It was such a huge part of ffxi before, even if you didn't get drop. Those mobs have titles and are called NOTORIOUS monsters. Rare monsters should drop rare gear and FFXI should have rare monsters. It always has and since the cap incease they should invent new ones. These NMs should represent some value to killing/hunting them because they are such a rare sight, killing them should be the reward but to just invent a rare HNM/NM that drops nothing, that kinda lames it out. It's like "oh look! Its a one week spawn NM! Sure looks neat, wanna kill it? Nah cause it doesn't drop anything worthwhile.". It has to have some rare reward that justifies its rarity but also gives people who find it, some prize for killing/finding.

These same prizes should be available through other means because it is simply unfair to make a rare/elite/amazing item exclusive to something that requires so much time and LUCK, to people who don't enjoy playing around camps. Those people don't like luck because their time to devote to game is so minimal compared to the spawn time, luck playing a part in their success would mean little to no success and they are paying customers too.

However, like i said before, this ks99 fix is in there with einherjar in my honest opinion. This is NOT hard. Black belt is a flawless and stunning item and it should be rare. It should only be avilable via LUCK (HNM/NM spawns) or time/devotion/skill. You can farm kS99 on YOUR OWN TIME. Yes, it's time consuming but it's worth the itemand you can construct your game time around farming for ks99s. You can enter KS99 whenever you want and you have to focus to defeat ithe bcnm and the HNM.

I applaud SE for this fix. People didn't want to have to rely on camping kings for BB. Okay, so they added BB items to ks99, and now theyve made kings force pop. The means to obtain this item are more than reasonable and if you are not happy after all these fixes to accomdate your playtime/effort, you simply do NOT deserve the best gear in ffxi over someone who is willing to do it, camps/luck or no camps/luck.
    (0)

Player
    They should change these HNMs to match the same as Lumbering Lambert and Bloodtear Baldurf.

1-3 hour window on Behemoth then HNM 24 hours off that.. it's what after 5 deaths king can pop? that.. 3, 6, 9, 12, 15.. 15 hours.. change it to after 7 pops king could pop and there you can kill behemoth more and king behemoth more and you dont have to play around with KSNMs.

.. and for all that is good don't lower the Black Belt items drop rate..
    (1)

Character
    Zanoza
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    Yeah the change they made for this is insane id rather camp them and hope to get em then burn all my KS with the LS for 20+ NQ pops and get 1-2 HQ pops and items 90% of us already have. SE need to make the HQ pop items 100% to make this even remotly a good idea. i see HQ/NQ pop items for 2-3 mil and only a handfull of em at that.

So SE FIX this pls you made old HNM ls' ask wtf just to even do these anymore.
    (0)
    the life of a mage is a hard one. Heal Nuke or Die.

I think Making HQ pop ~20%(Before TH) would be a bit more realistic, something they might even consider...
    (0)

Character
    Strato
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    Glad i got my Black Belt before the update. I can understand peoples frustrations in this. Good luck!
    (0)

Character
    Meeowmix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    1: form a 3pt alli to increase rate of seals that drop.
    2: farm bst pets. tigers out side of WoE give high KS i think.... so. lil lower LV pets and should only get BS/KS. Try bibiki bay gob pets.. should still be EP at this LV.. if not then newton/oldton i forget which has the higher LV mobs. are gob bats there. Either way the drop rate for seals off pets is very good.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by sesucks View Post
    1: form a 3pt alli to increase rate of seals that drop.
    2: farm bst pets. tigers out side of WoE give high KS i think.... so. lil lower LV pets and should only get BS/KS. Try bibiki bay gob pets.. should still be EP at this LV.. if not then newton/oldton i forget which has the higher LV mobs. are gob bats there. Either way the drop rate for seals off pets is very good.
    Why are you making this sound so complex? almost every mob in kuftal is above level 50 but below level 70, making them excellent targets.
    (0)

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20