Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    even if they boosted KBs lvl its still a joke.
    (0)

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Natenn View Post
    even if they boosted KBs lvl its still a joke.
    Then, the answer is a harder, more challenging NM with a better drop. It doesn't make sense to have the same gear drop from harder mobs just because the old mob pops more often.
    (1)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Character
    Darkovercast
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 95
    Since the release of Abyssea, Squares has been making the game easier for the shrinking population in the game. Making things easier to do with small groups and removing a lot of need for large linkshells.

This is the first step in the opposite direction, and it’s a horrible idea in my honest opinion.
    I do feel that the long windows for these old monsters should be switched to a pop system. But pop items from the KSNM99? Are you serious? I agree that many older players most likely have enough seals to have many 99 runs, but these players are also ones who no longer gain anything from said runs more times than not. Also lowering the drop rate to make monks seeking their black belts suffers more, backwards thinking I feel when we are seeing monk become the new trending job for abyssea.
    I feel this is a slap in the face for the player group of the community, square does not understand the needs and wants of their paying players on this subject. This plan should not happen, at least not without tweaking. The pop item should not drop from KSNM99’s and monks should not fear even lower drop rates. Players are sick of working so hard to see nothing drop most of the time!
    (2)

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    they should just work on the kindred crest and high kindred crestNM fights and drops and not worry about the current ones what a waste of time and resouces on something not worth peoples time really is BB gonna be worth that much effort at 95 or 99 still? other then novelty
    (0)

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkovercast View Post
    I feel this is a slap in the face for the player group of the community, square does not understand the needs and wants of their paying players on this subject.
    As a long-time player, I am going to disagree with you. Although many long-time players want to see things more accessible, they aren't looking for everything to be a low-man or solo event. Some of the frustrations you voice are, and still continue to be, ones I have. But, from the beginning, and as S/E has continually stated, the game is supposed to primarily be a 'party' game not a solo game. The changes we have seen recently have been made for those who wanted solo/low-man events. But, those aren't the only people who pay a monthly fee. One group cannot get their way every time.

So, as a paying player, I am going to say that they do understand their players. They just don't make all of us happy at the same time.
    (3)
    All Jobs 99

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHeart View Post
    they should just work on the kindred crest and high kindred crestNM fights and drops and not worry about the current ones what a waste of time and resouces on something not worth peoples time really is BB gonna be worth that much effort at 95 or 99 still? other then novelty
    The belt was crazy good at 70. Hell, if it were released now instead of way back then it'd be pretty damn impressive. Now we're pretty used to it but just think about it... str 7 haste 12 SB 5 and PDT 5. Dare I say nothing in Abyssea even compares. Certainly not waist items, and I suppose the only items that impress me as much as this belt are Shinryu drops. So, yeah. BB is worth any amount of effort.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Player
    Well it's a good thing I played the game before abyssea. Leveling the old way and obtaining KSNMs while exping. I guess you suckers out there that complain about not having Kindred seal's just have to watch us pop them in front of you, while you hold yourselfs and cry. Not our fault or SE's you took the easy route and burned through levels without actually understanding how to play the game. It also isn't anyones or SEs fault, that you decided to spend all your KS or Orbs on 20k Ingot runs.

Welcome to the thunderdome.
    (1)

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollinthedungeon View Post
    Well it's a good thing I played the game before abyssea. Leveling the old way and obtaining KSNMs while exping. I guess you suckers out there that complain about not having Kindred seal's just have to watch us pop them in front of you, while you hold yourselfs and cry. Not our fault or SE's you took the easy route and burned through levels without actually understanding how to play the game. It also isn't anyones or SEs fault, that you decided to spend all your KS or Orbs on 20k Ingot runs.

Welcome to the thunderdome.
    What I have found interesting is that there were some, not all, of these same people that said they simply wanted a shot at the HNM's. That the claim system was unfair and not based on player skill. But, on luck and 3rd party tools. Now, they have the chance, through some effort, to fight these HNM's. And, the crying continues. What I'm guessing is that these same people who are crying were not just after the chance to fight an HNM but to have it practically handed to them. Of course, if they said that, they would have revealed their true agenda and received little support. As a former HNMLS member who thought the claim system and long time between pops was bad, I am truly enjoying the whining by those whose real intention was not just to fight the HNM but to practically have it pop in their MH on the hour.
    (2)
    All Jobs 99

Character
    Tsuneo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Annoying troll is annoying.
    (1)

Character
    Pigmoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    Theyll always complain and SE needs to stop trying to cater to them. They got what they wanted and they still aren't happy. Freakin go play WoW.

I am NOT enjoying the whining. I find it annoying. The company is practically bending to their every nick and cranny and theyre still complaining. Remember when odin came out cause ppl were complaining about bots? They cried. Ok so they gimped down odin and einherjar, and people still complained.

FFXI shouldn't bend to botters but it shouldn't bend to people who don't care about anything and just want stuff handed to them. Play the game and enjoy it and stop crying about what you don't have. You don't have the time, you have cancer, you have kids, so does everyone else. It's a game. It's okay to suggest what you would like and campaigne for it, but stop the whining. You know what I'm gonna do if the game doesn't offer something interesting to me or I can't/don't want to do something? I'll quit and GO DO something else. Do I like the way the player base has de-evolved and now you can't tell the difference between an afker and a avesta/kirchy/cream soda type player? hell no buti find fun in the things i have time for and I don't step on people toes and I don't cry about stuff i can't do. I work around it because SE HAS impmented alternate methods to obtaining gear that is doable by people who can't and don't want to do as much.

And just an fyi, I am considering quitting because I just simply can't find fun in the game like i used too. I am not gonna start crying saying oh booo SE made the game boring and more casual and now there too many noobs wahhh. No.. The noobs deserved a chance to shine tbh and people have been tolerate but its gonna be the end of the game if SE doesn't stop catering to people who do not care about the game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Anewie; 04-21-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast