Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

What happened to our enmity improvement adjustments?

Some time ago during announcements on upcoming job adjustments, changes to ranger were promised that would improve enmity management. When the update was launched, these adjustments were not delivered.

In the mean time, other jobs have had massive improvements in their ability to handle hate. Notably, blm with the addition of mana wall and enmity douse.

So, where's our promised adjustment?

I believe that the promised proposal had to do with reducing enmity while Camo was active. I have a suggestion. Just add enmity shedding to Camouflage and reduce that ability's timer to 3 minutes. This would then function similar to Super Jump and give ranger a much needed ability to shed hate, just like blm recently received (and desperately needed).
    (0)

That would be helpful at the very least. Being able to attack from a distance is an important aspect of a ranged attacker. Having no means to keep the mob from coming after you (and away from tank and other DD) is the major limitation of the job currently. We need to have reduced enmity per attack and a way to shed enmity to allow us to stay at distance.
    Camoflage should be a complete enmity reset and a 3 min timer, meritable to 2:30 would be awesome.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Kasandaro
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    I've been toying with Camo while partying and for normal shots, it does seem to decrease enmity generation. The problem is, the second I use a WS or JA like Barrage, it automatically drops. If it had a decent chance of staying up through that, assuming you're positioned correctly, I wouldn't be bothered that much.
    (0)

Changing Camoflage to a Super Jump-esqu ability would be in no way broken. Drg has that already and enmity gain is not as much of a deal for them what with high jump, restoring breath and their greater access to PDT gear.

The fact that RNG doesn't have such an ability is quite frankly, absurd.

It still wont fix the problems relating to ranger's low attack stat combined with their insanely high base damage values and the stupid cRatio rate that means criticals are basically shit.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    They canceled it at the last minute.

With this latest update it looks like they're trying to turn RNG into a second tier TH whore and have no intention of actually fixing the job.

Our Relic weapon is actually better than our Empyrean weapon because Namas Arrow has almost no hate and lets us actually do our job while using Jishnu's Radiance is essentially a death sentence.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 04-22-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Character
    Laitha
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BST Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    They canceled it at the last minute.

With this latest update it looks like they're trying to turn RNG into a second tier TH whore and have no intention of actually fixing the job.

Our Relic weapon is actually better than our Empyrean weapon because Namas Arrow has almost no hate and lets us actually do our job while using Jishnu's Radiance is essentially a death sentence.
    Yeah I totally agree with your statement about relic weapons. Coronach is the only reason I can put up decent numbers and not move the mob. Jishnu's only help to Ranger would be killing the mob before it killed the ranger.
    (0)