Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

"Storage" [dev1001]

[dev1001]

I think it's about time we find a way to unock this for other areas besides our hometown Mog House. I don't see why we can't have it, if we can see our current capacity and all of the items we're holding in it, we should be able to access it whether it be a quest to "upgrade" your moogle's magic or including an item to trade to make accessibility available away from home like a Mog Locker.

It's just slightly annoying to have to go all the way to my home town to gather a few items I threw in there when I didn't have the space available, and seems a little silly that with the Satchel, Sack, and the ability to expand the locker to places outside Aht Urhgan we would still be restricted from our furniture-given item space.
    (2)
    Last edited by Retsujo; 04-19-2011 at 08:15 AM.
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Laciante
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 93
    Most ppl simply leave their home city as their HP, with all the quick travel accessible from there, it's quite feasible.

But it is kinda silly that the mog can warp home and water your plants with little trouble, but can't grab something from the furniture, so I agree that storage restrictions are just about pointless, even from a lore perspective.
    (0)

um.... DEV1001 is about item stacking, not storage options... but anyway

I guess you don't have access to storage remotely because the moogle isn't moving your furniture from city to city. You used to have to check-in with an NPC prior to acessing a moghouse in another city (presumably to setup the room with your stuff). Now your moogle just automatically follows you from city to city. It should be enough that it automatically moves your safe and footlocker--give the little guy a break, eh?

Storage was probably meant to be used more as a more permanent location--for holding junk you rarely use. That's pretty much how I've used it. I put my low level gears I don't use, but don't want to just discard (R/E stuff like bounding boots, empy hairpin, etc) and overstock of crafting mats that I know I won't need for a while.

You still have 80 X 4 other locations to store stuff that follows you almost everywhere (safe, locker, satchel, sack) in addition to your gobby bag. Thats 400 slots for items---might need to organize a little better?
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 04-20-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laciante View Post
    Most ppl simply leave their home city as their HP, with all the quick travel accessible from there, it's quite feasible.
    Actually, from what I see, most people leave Port Jeuno as their HP, or Whitegate because of the quick jump-off to Abyssea, which is about the only thing people do these days. You only leave your hometown as HP if you are crafting, still doing campaign or don't mind the extra 5 minutes it takes to OP warp to Qufim and run to Port Jeuno. Hopefully this changes in the next update with the AH merge and as I recall Aby launches from other areas that were suggested as coming.
    (1)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    One thing they should add is an extra 3 storage inventories. Adding furniture with more than 80 slots would overflow to the next group of 80 slots.

Storage 1: 80 slots
    Storage 2: 80 slots
    Storage 3: 80 slots
    Storage 4: 80 slots

This would give you much more space to store all that random crap you rarely use but don't want to throw away.

They should also add a special inventory called "furnishings" that can only contain furniture and would replace your mog safe as the place you install furnishings into your MH from.
    (3)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 04-20-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    dev1001 is for item stacking, but it is also the only dev tag regarding items out right now. Also, the thread is relevant in terms of 'alleviating item space.'

While your moogle isn't moving your furniture around, I'm pretty sure the locker stays in Al Zahbi as well. Just like Gardening, the moogle just goes and checks on the locker so you can retrieve the items you have there. That's how I understood it, anyway!

I like that furnishings idea! It kind of falls in the "Equipped equipment should not take up inventory space" argument people spout from time to time, but making a space specifically for furniture in your mog house would make a little bit of sense~
    (2)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've been waiting for this hoping they'd implement this having to return to our home nation to get gear from are storage is a timesink. Also hoping there might be some more things like the mog sack and mog sacthel for quick easy access, even with the 80 slots I still find it hard to carry all my Blue Mage gear around with me and thats with nothing but gear.

Please make storage available everywhere would make life that much easier having 8 jobs at 90 and only room to keep 4 of those jobs worth of armor in my mog safe ,locker ,sack ,sacthel, and items doesnt make it easy to change jobs on the fly with everything being about procing. I can't even imagine what its like for my friend with all 20 jobs level'd.

Also is there any way there could be more goobiebag quests etc. to one day have 100 inventory per safe, storage, locker, sack, sacthel, and items.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Habiki View Post
    Also is there any way there could be more goobiebag quests etc. to one day have 100 inventory per safe, storage, locker, sack, sacthel, and items.
    They can add additional bags but each bag cannot exceed 80 slots due to memory constraints on the PS2. This is also why you can only move an item between a bag and your inventory rather that from bag to bag (I'm counting your safe and storage as a "bag" here because it's really the same thing). The server keeps track of all your bags and what's in them but the client may only have one bag "open" at once. There's probably a limit on how many bags they can add as well though that may be a large number.

The PC version has the same limitations because it's basically just the PS2 client's source code compiled to intel/windows with wrappers to interface it DirectX and windows keyboard and gamepad input. SE doesn't want to have to maintain multiple versions of the client so they just develop for the PS2 and then use wrapper libraries to compile the Windows and Xbox 360 versions.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    They can add additional bags but each bag cannot exceed 80 slots due to memory constraints on the PS2. This is also why you can only move an item between a bag and your inventory rather that from bag to bag (I'm counting your safe and storage as a "bag" here because it's really the same thing). The server keeps track of all your bags and what's in them but the client may only have one bag "open" at once. There's probably a limit on how many bags they can add as well though that may be a large number.

The PC version has the same limitations because it's basically just the PS2 client's source code compiled to intel/windows with wrappers to interface it DirectX and windows keyboard and gamepad input. SE doesn't want to have to maintain multiple versions of the client so they just develop for the PS2 and then use wrapper libraries to compile the Windows and Xbox 360 versions.
    How does the TEMP items in Abyssea work then, they're technically in your gobbiebag.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    How does the TEMP items in Abyssea work then, they're technically in your gobbiebag.
    Actually, if you look at the item count in the top left as you move from the temp items to the regular inventory, you notice it shows two different counts. I would imagine that temp items are stored in a secondary bag as well (like the satchel/sack/safe/etc), but displayed in the same window as inventory since you can't move things into or out of it.
    (0)
    Kindadarii (Bahamut)
    90PUP / 90BRD / 90WHM / 90SMN / 59DNC
    70.3 + 2 Woodworking
    52.2 Synergy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast