Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Is anyone else having issues with a now very low fishing stamina? I am only able to catch 150 fish a day max now. It has been like that for a few weeks now and wondering if they bunked up fishing now too. May a swell remove gil and crafting from the game altogether, already removed all money drops from NM/HNM.
    (0)

Player
    I enjoy fishing and very irritated as of late coming back to FFXI thinking this issue would be fixed. I tried FFXIV and after a few level and the bugs especially the so called bazaar I ended that game. Took 6 months from FFXI and returned. I posted this in Allah, but after seeing the link I am posting here as well as I do not know if the devs monitor Allah's forums

Just returned to the game and have been one that has enjoyed fishing and that has been my main source of gil. Finally just a few days ago I dinged 100. I went back to "trying" to reel in gugrusaus-spelling to complete my ebisu rod and it is still the same headache and perhaps one of the reasons why I left FFXI as it became more work to have fun.

Not only do you take the chance of breaking your line, but also your lu shang. Need a level of 73 Woodworking skill to have a good chance of fixing it. Top it off you only have 15min for the ferry thereabouts to enjoy your albatross ring and penguin ring. Both rings give you 20min to extend time and wear down fish stamina faster. Factor in any nm that decides to chomp at you and that a pc client side causes the fishing rod to move faster compared to console and that my friends is called fun.

I would of thought SE would of tried to fix it, but no....they had to break it yet again. I have a couple things I would like to see change...

1. Increase the ferry time to 22min that will allow you to use your full ring time. What's annoying to me is skipping a ferry while waiting for your rings to reset. While I have been fishing not a single person has been on a ferry so that would be a mute point that it interferes with other players

2. Change the pc client side to match the console giving equal play. I would like to see a dev reel in a gugru on a fast pc...some say try fishing with a laptop to "lag" the game making it easier. I don't have money to buy a laptop or a ps2,3....

3. Experienced fishers have known what is on there line and that has come from time fishing. Yes it can be boring for hours on end without a skill up, but those that make the commitement and reach the top increase there percent from turning in fish for items as there level increases. I have turned in several hundred gugru's and still I don't have my item for quest.

4. Penguin ring quest (brigand's chart) Not much to say here....It's all luck if you get a 4th or 5th chest. I have never seen a 5th chest before even non stop reeling in. Once again I have been informed from a friend that on console this is pretty frequent. So, if your lucky to get a 4th chest and no monster spawns, then you have to be lucky that the ring is in chest as well.... seriously SE - you think this is fun?? I had to do 16 turn ins solo before I got a 4th chest that had the ring. Didn't matter if I had others helping.. you get that pugil monster spawn and you will never see a 4th chest.

Didn't mean to write so much, but just annoyed,
    Dashee - Unicorn server
    (0)

Character
    Shulu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I would like to see a change to the level of woodworking to fix the lu shang rod. I would like to see the skill level be set to 70 woodworking. This switch would allow everyone to be able not to have woodworking as there main craft if people want to fish and not worry about running to a crafter to fix the rod everytime. This would be a of great time saving and stop the headaches of breaking the rod and running around to get it fixed. Thanks
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2