Thread: Skillchains

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hmm...

I like the idea of breaking a mob's immunities with an SC. Obviously, Scission should be a more potent Earth reduction than than Gravitation (1/2 that) or Darkness (1/4), as it could be considered a utility exchange for potential damage. Put simply, a mob immune to Slow could be inflicted by it (100% if Scission induced, 1/2 or 1/4 otherwise) while maybe a neutral mob could get an even greater Slow effect landed.

Another idea, as others have stated, is tying some kind of debuff to the SC. Impaction could hamper enemy crit rate while Detonation fiddles with its evasion. So on and so forth. What could perhaps apply to both of this, in regards to imbalanced TP gain, is the amount of each TP used in each step of the WS could be documented and combined to further modify the overall potency of the effect.

Otherwise, mobs reacting differently to various SCs is kind of a no-brainer in concept. Undead should probably hate Transfixion/Fusion/Light, so it could mean further bonuses to damage or effects. Much like we have Abyssea's current weakness system, SCs could get an equivalent that'd boost a mob's drop rate or something beneficial.

Just keeping it limited to MACC seems kind of lame, though.
    (2)

Character
    Laciante
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 93
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    it is a waste of time.

fixing broke stuff > fixing stuff that is not broke
    I'm pretty sure the fact that we don't use SC regularly means it's broke... this isn't some minor feature of the game, it's what the battles were intended to revolve around.
    Granted, the reason it broke is because other balancing issues have broken too
    (1)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    Hmm...

I like the idea of breaking a mob's immunities with an SC. Obviously, Scission should be a more potent Earth reduction than than Gravitation (1/2 that) or Darkness (1/4), as it could be considered a utility exchange for potential damage. Put simply, a mob immune to Slow could be inflicted by it (100% if Scission induced, 1/2 or 1/4 otherwise) while maybe a neutral mob could get an even greater Slow effect landed.

Another idea, as others have stated, is tying some kind of debuff to the SC. Impaction could hamper enemy crit rate while Detonation fiddles with its evasion. So on and so forth. What could perhaps apply to both of this, in regards to imbalanced TP gain, is the amount of each TP used in each step of the WS could be documented and combined to further modify the overall potency of the effect.

Otherwise, mobs reacting differently to various SCs is kind of a no-brainer in concept. Undead should probably hate Transfixion/Fusion/Light, so it could mean further bonuses to damage or effects. Much like we have Abyssea's current weakness system, SCs could get an equivalent that'd boost a mob's drop rate or something beneficial.

Just keeping it limited to MACC seems kind of lame, though.
    I like this, the macc already exists if they are saying it right, kinda what i ment with waste of time, trying to make more magic acc has no benfit.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    what the rep said ALREADY EXISTS though.

it is a waste of time.

fixing broke stuff according to what I want > fixing stuff that is not broke for me
    Fixed that for you.
    (0)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    strategic use of skillchains sounds like alot of fun to me.... can we include bst strategically skillchain w/ pet on that?

:P ...
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5