Parvashi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 60

Please Delete

deleted ... .
    (2)
    Last edited by mkultrafanboy; 02-19-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultrafanboy View Post
    ... it's still way too obtuse for anyone to get into the game as a fresh brand new player.
    I joined FFXI in 2004, and I was a fresh brand new player. The game was harder back then, with slower Exp, slower Gil, no mounts, no warp-books or warp-HPs.

I absolutely adored FFXI from day one, as a "fresh brand new player." I loved the enormity of the challenge, and the danger that the world contained. It was a very life-or-death struggle, just to level up, or to kill placeholders and NMs, or even just to travel. It was dangerous, and it was exciting, and I loved it.

I played my first computer-game in 1981. Since then, in 39 years of gaming, I have played a lot of games. FFXI is the greatest computer-game that I have ever played. The whole menu / macro battle system is a work of genius, it is a masterpiece, and it is still far more enjoyable and user-friendly than any other game in 2020.

Vana'diel is beautiful. The graphics are perfect, they are not too hyper-realistic, they are simple enough to convey meaning, and to facilitate a sense of kinetic freedom in the actual fast-paced gaming / battle scenarios. Characters and NPCs look like toy soldiers and dolls, they have an inherent simplicity that actually makes them more attractive to me as a gamer, than the cumbersome hyper-realistic graphics of new 2020 eye-candy games.

FFXI graphics hit a Goldilocks "sweet spot" in between "too simple" and "too detailed." It was the perfect marriage of graphics and playability.

Vana'diel is so full of magical spells, job abilities, equipment, quests, missions, role-playing atmosphere, that it literally dwarfs all other games in terms of immersive complexity, and in personalised unique Customisable Game Play.

I reject the notion that "fresh new players" can not enjoy FFXI. We were all fresh new players at one time, and we really enjoyed FFXI, long before the QOL / other improvements.

As to the "they want to kill FFXI" thing, I will repost my reply to your previous thread ;

>>>

On the Fake News subject of *they have abandoned FFXI and they want to kill FFXI and they want the players to stop playing FFXI* thing.

These kind of sweeping vague generalisations, are not true, and also this kind of negative speculation sabotages people's hopes and tramples on optimism, and also is the opposite of all the recent official statements, and it ignores the EPIC amount of hard work that the slimmed-down Dev Team are doing to make FFXI players happy ;

[May 16th 2017 : Official Playonline Dot Com.]

"Celebrating Fifteen Years Of FFXI."

"The development and operations team will continue to work as hard as ever so that those new to Vana'diel can experience all that has to offer and that veterans will be able to enjoy each new day of adventures more than the last. Here's to fifteen years of Vana'diel, and to fifteen more!"

[Year 2017 + 15 years = year 2032.]
    (4)
    Last edited by Stompa; 02-18-2020 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Typos!

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I highly doubt they really want to kill FFXI at least not until the 20th anniversary. Long-term players really prefer more EverQuest styles (old school MMORPG) and not a WoW clone. The problem is we all have different preferences. Some want a classic server, some want a console port, some want to see a remaster of FFXI, and some are fine with the way FFXI is. FFXI dev team (small team) doesn't have time for that.
    (0)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Despite his brash way of putting things, SE needs to support FFXI more. They are letting the game stagnate so badly... We need new content and new things, something like the avatar they just added are amazing and I was surprised but we need more!
    (5)

Character
    Parvashi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 60
    deleted ....
    (1)
    Last edited by mkultrafanboy; 02-19-2020 at 03:34 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Typral View Post
    Despite his brash way of putting things, SE needs to support FFXI more. They are letting the game stagnate so badly... We need new content and new things, something like the avatar they just added are amazing and I was surprised but we need more!
    What is the point of adding new content when it is just sold by the overkill of mercs? Nobody has to participate in anything anymore, they can stand there and lot/buy it...... Then they quit because 'they are bored'.
    "Look at me, I've got that new shiny weapon/armour piece that I didn't earn whatsoever...."

It has become the accepted nature of the game now, I'm sure 80% of the server thinks that is the norm now, and that there is no longer a need to join/form a group.

The whole thing has lost the plot.....
    (1)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They want to kill BST for sure, because they hate it. FFXI? Doubt it...

The goal of maintenance mode games appear to be utilize the least amount of resources, being time, money, & effort, but still find a way to pull the most possible $$. However, in maintenance mode, resources usually refer to time. So, most of the time, they have no interest in putting a lot of effort into dated titles. The DC IP is considering taking crowdfunding for their potential MMO; if it were really about money, they would do the same.

WB is kind of a big brand. WB & SE kind of hover around the same territory in terms of revenue. Neither appears to be hurting for money. They are not Tencent by any means.

It is about not wanting to; because most of what people ask for is already part of the game & not new assets. Updating EMP will require no new assets, Giving BST a Gambodge Beetle instead of repeats is not new assets (Rhinowrecker....), giving SMN Bahamut is not new assets, Un-gimping jobs is not new assets, updating monstrosity species & areas will require no new assets, etc.
    (0)
    Last edited by Beastorizer; 02-19-2020 at 03:39 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think we could all do without this sort of cynicsm, to be honest.
    (0)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    What is the point of adding new content when it is just sold by the overkill of mercs? Nobody has to participate in anything anymore, they can stand there and lot/buy it...... Then they quit because 'they are bored'.
    "Look at me, I've got that new shiny weapon/armour piece that I didn't earn whatsoever...."

It has become the accepted nature of the game now, I'm sure 80% of the server thinks that is the norm now, and that there is no longer a need to join/form a group.

The whole thing has lost the plot.....
    What is the point of not adding content? Just causes the game to die faster. I hate to break it to you, but mercs have existed since day1 and they are in every MMO. What they do has no effect on you to create groups or join established linkshells that do content. If people want to buy clears or items, they can be allowed to, its no different than going to the AH and buying something.
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Thanks to nearly 20 years of service, FFXI has undergone 5 full expansions, 3 small dlc, 3 large battle packs + Dynamis (D) and countless additional version updates and battlefield additions. As of 2020 FFXI has one of the top robust accumulations of content in gaming. Those who persist with this idea that they've exhausted the content available should increase their perceptions to explore FFXI's full offerings beyond what is just considered current tier equipment acquisitions. That being said, the most desirable and effective action SE could implement would be to upgrade/evolve the /seacom system to allow for a more modernized way for players to coordinate party formations for objectives designed for players to accomplish as a team.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast