Player

"Time Left:" Message Broken

The purple message you get in the chat log if you try to use a spell that's still on cooldown, "Time left: xxx" is now saying:

"Time left: 1 Jan, 1970 0:00:34"

Clearly this is a timestamp value that's set to nearly zero and not a valid value, presumably a time calculation of some sort has gone awry. No idea when I broke, I only just noticed it while doing the monthly High-Tier.

Note the 'seconds' value seems to be what should be being shown, the rest of it of course is just wrong.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kerin; 02-13-2020 at 05:22 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Was just about to post the same thing...

(0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Can second this.

The game is reading certain numbers as though they were dates, rather than integers.

Thus, recast time is being shown as time since the Unix Epoch and counting backwards toward it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-13-2020 at 06:42 AM.

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    oddly enough, the timestamp I see is (31 Dec., 1969 7:00:00pm) plus the time remaining on the ability. EX: attempting to use a 3 min ability twice in a row will result in Time left: (31 Dec., 1969 7:02:59pm). I've no idea why I see a different date, perhaps it's trying to use the local time zone?
    (0)

Player
    I've never seen this before, where a bad Unix timestamp has resulted in a year prior to the base of 1970, usually it results in 2038 .. I can only presume something along the lines of local time is getting involved.

Lord knows how SE broke such an ancient bit of code, but I presume the recent patch is to blame.
    (0)