Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I could see it working, Its just that realistically In order to combine light/dark, You'd have to do a Darkness(or light) Skillchain, then follow up with a WS who's properties are Light itself(or Dark). And the only WS's that are themselves (LIGHT) or (DARK) are Relic Weaponskills.
    And Empyreans! Rana > Gekko > Fudo is a Darkness SC > Light WS combination, for what it's worth.
    (0)

2. 04-23-2011 01:12 PM
    Reason
    oops, wrong SC thread

Tenzen Schmenzen. Forget Tenzen he has nothing to do with it. We dont even know the properties of his Skillchain are. And as u said its a wierd WS that auto wins the fight. Im not asking for a Tenzen WS and i dont give a care about Tenzen. Cosmic Elucidation is not a T4 skillchain.

As for a higher Tier of skill chains. It could be Tier 3 + tier 2 WS making Tier 4. It could be a specific job ability applied to the end of a T3. It could be something only relic/emp users get to play with. Or its also possible that in the 9 lvls left Sam gets a natural GKT WS with a light or a drk property. And probably a buncha different ways i didnt think of.
    (0)

T1 + T1 = T2.

T1 + T2 = T2

T2 + T2 = T3

So, I would only assume it natural for it to follow that:

T2 + T3 = T3

and

T3 + T3 = T4

I don't see anything wrong with adding T4 SC. I think they'd be neat. Making them SAM-only is kinda junk though, and making them usable with T2 SC properties would make no sense at all. Regardless of the current shift away from multi-member Skillchains in 2011, there is no reason why they should not be made possible for non-SAM DDs.
    (0)

CE is every element. It'd be awesome to get as a possible level 99 Merit for SAM, but I just don't see it happening.
    (0)

Character
    Amoklauf
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    I agree with the sentiment that SAM's should be able to SC more often and in different ways. A SC that no other job/non-GK-weapon could make would be one way of going, but that doesn't change the nature of/problems with SC's in general. There are two (and a half) things I don't like about skillchains
    1) relying on others to do them consistently
    1b) relying on others to not screw them up/interfere
    2) relying on lucky multi-hit procs or a once-every-5-minutes job-ability to do them solo

I'll admit with high haste and a bit of regain it can happen regularly, but I don't play in that type of situation very often. Yesterday I had it happen a bunch of times on WAR/SAM doing Fragmentation RR>RR because of some Retaliation procs. It feels intuitively wrong that the WAR class has an easier time doing this than SAM (the supposed king of WS/SC). This also goes for DNC that has Wild Flourish and can reverse finishing moves into instant TP for more chances at self-sc's. Even BLU gets Chain Affinity every 2 minutes. I don't understand it.

I'd like to see something that would make (self) SC's more common and doesn't otherwise slow SAM's down (ie. having to use a bunch of JA's at 2 seconds each or holding TP for a long time).

There are countless ways to do that, but that's the general direction I'd like the job to go in. Stuff I've been considering:
    Regain effect from WS that close a skillchain, increasing the likelyhood of self-SC's if you manage to open a fight with a skillchain.
    That effect nobody cares about on AF1 body: Occasionally boosts TP when damaged. Give SAM a trait that's a much more potent version of this so they can self-SC and boost their damage output when tanking (at the cost of taking more damage this doesn't seem broken).
    Way simpler ideas:
    Something similar to Wild Flourish with a low cooldown.
    JA that gives Save-TP+100 (different to Sekka in that you only need 100 TP to WS twice and TP bonus still counts).

I could go on, but nvm...
    (0)

Character
    Arbole
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    What I'm more interested in is the way SE has calculated Fudo aftermath. Currently, aftermath bonus is determined by the base TP %. SE didn't take into consideration the effect of the enhanced Sekkanoki effect on Unkai Kote +1/2, which I'll assume everyone here knows what it does. When I sekk SC at 300 TP with Unkai Kote +2 on, I only get aftermath level 1 like I normally do. It'd be really nice in a samurai's particular case, or maybe in general, if a TP bonus applied to the aftermath calculation. With Unkai Kote +2, the first WS would count for 300 TP not only in damage, but would proct the lvl 3 aftermath, as well, should they change the coding around. SE, I hope you're reading...
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbole View Post
    What I'm more interested in is the way SE has calculated Fudo aftermath. Currently, aftermath bonus is determined by the base TP %. SE didn't take into consideration the effect of the enhanced Sekkanoki effect on Unkai Kote +1/2, which I'll assume everyone here knows what it does. When I sekk SC at 300 TP with Unkai Kote +2 on, I only get aftermath level 1 like I normally do. It'd be really nice in a samurai's particular case, or maybe in general, if a TP bonus applied to the aftermath calculation. With Unkai Kote +2, the first WS would count for 300 TP not only in damage, but would proct the lvl 3 aftermath, as well, should they change the coding around. SE, I hope you're reading...
    not aggree on general TP bonus working, but the unkai/sekka combo would be nice
    (0)

Character
    Zenairis
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I agree with being able to get a L2 or L3 after off of using Meikyo Shisui or Sekkanoki w/ the Unkai +2 kotes at 200~300%.
    (0)
    Former Toren of Fairy

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    Cosmic Elucidation is not a T4 skillchain.
    Yes it is, it has always been refered as tier 4 skillchain. At same time I understand your point in wanting more outta sc and I agree completely, I too want more outta sc and T4 would be awesome its just all we have left is Light<>Dark to combine to make T4, but thats not hard to do observe, Rana > Gekko > Kaiten = T4 CE, cept that we don't get it. I for one would love to do CE or if they made it Tenzen specific then whatever T4 we in vana'diel would get but unfortunately our current sc's all suck too much to really trust SE to come thru with T4. What I've heard from the new sc update honestly makes doesn't give me more hope, decrease dmg but increases MB spells? OK, so now we gotta get timing down with the mages fulltime? I know many of you are gonna bring up, well when I was fighting this in my ls blah blah blah the end, ya I know I did that too, but if it doesn't prove necessary then most shells will just disregard, and xp pt's will completely diisregard, so in the end sam is just gettin nerfed. I know this is kinda a stretch jumpin from t4 sc to sc reboot comin up but I think I wanna see them actually do something right with sc before they attempt T4. Also perhaps they could make new t2's like combine different elements and get new t2's and make it possible for different combo's or something like that idk, it honestly won't matter to much, but I'm excited to see sam getting its first update since sekkanoki (no hamahona or whatever doesn't count cuz its completely worthless), shame it only took 4 updates since original.
    (0)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay104 View Post
    Wall-of-text, so in the end sam is just gettin nerfed. More wall-of-text.
    Holy Jesus. Did you even read the update notes?

RE: Cosmic Elucidation - Please show where Tenzen uses anything that resembles Tachi: Rana. I can't bring myself to address the rest of it right now, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't bother trying to understand any of it if I did.

Also, please learn to use your enter key.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast