Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Update the AH and Delivery Box System

The AH and Delivery box are one of the only things left from the very original game with no changes or updates at all.

It's time for QOL upgrades. It is unnecessary to confirm every single auction sale, and then accept and confirm every single sale AGAIN at the delivery box. There are dozens of improvements that could be made, including but not limited to, removing the triple confirmation and removing the delivery box from the steps in the process.
    (3)
    Last edited by Isola; 02-05-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    And, I told you they would respond, our bet is complete, you get to delete your account now.
    .. And they just restated what they originally said, and locked the thread.....
    Time to turn the page...

In the words of a famous movie....

'Let it go, let it go'.
    (1)

Player
    Not gonna happen, they didn't answer me, they answered something that was not what I asked. Not going to just let that slide.

"No" is fine. But not for fake reasons. And "no" to something that wasn't asked is not "fine" either.

Here's the response, and why it's wrong.

Okieeomi

We've checked with the development team and there are few reasons why this is difficult to implement:

Under the current system, even if a "Take All" button were added, it would not change the processing speed when receiving all of the items.
    Additionally, one would not be able to stop the process once the "Take All" is activated until all items have been placed in the player's inventory. This could be very problematic in situations involving large number of items. For example if there were 50+ items, it would take a long time to load and would prevent the player from moving while this is being processed.

For these reasons, unfortunately the development team is not considering implementing a "Take All" feature for the Delivery Box.
    This, is not even close to what I asked.

Difficult, not impossible. Bolded.
    Current system, means it's possible to fix. Bolded.
    ITEMS Bolded, multiple times. I said specifically, GIL. and VISIBLE GIL, aka, only the 8 you can see at a time.
    Gil does not go into your inventory.
    50+ ITEMS, I said "8 slots, with GIL only", as per my actual PICTURE.
    Loading time, I. do. not. care. if it extends the loading time. The goal is to zone in, collect 8x gil and exit. with one button accept.

They responded to a question that doesn't exist "can I take ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING out of my delivery box at once"

What I ACTUALLY asked "if there are 8 slots visible with gil, can I take ONLY THOSE at once"

Until THAT question is answered, even with a no, I will keep asking... Or some form of UI/Interaction/overhaul is mentioned. That's acceptable too.
    (3)
    Last edited by Isola; 02-05-2020 at 05:09 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    See, I told you they don't answer already answered threads. They didn't answer your question, all they said was "we already answered this and bumping doesn't work, so we're locking it."

This is what you should have done like 2 pages ago in that thread.

As I've said before, I'm all for anything that can streamline or simplify processes. As long as less effort is required, and it's clear to the player what the consequences of an action are, things like being immobilized etc. aren't important- as long as we know what we're getting into, it's fine. But rather than having a button to automate taking stuff out of the mailbox, i'd rather just see all incoming gil consolidated into one slot. that would be both faster and fewer buttons. But that would be too good, so that will never happen....

I never liked having to "check stuff off the list," especially because it prevents you from selling stuff until you do it. Just replace it with a log that shows the last X transactions/sales statuses w/e and that would be so much simpler.

And finally, if they feel like they can't honor any specific request in here, they just need to know that the AH is one of the most antiquated game systems and if they can do ANYTHING to improve it, ANYTHING AT ALL, it really needs some love and attention.

(PSST: TEXT SEARCH! GIVE US TEXT SEARCH FOR ITEMS AT THE AH)! I WILL MAKE IT WORTH YOUR WHILE.)
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-05-2020 at 05:32 AM.

Player
    Monday is the bumpday.

The AH and Delivery box are one of the only things left from the very original game with no changes or updates at all.

It's time for QOL upgrades. It is unnecessary to confirm every single auction sale, and then accept and confirm every single sale AGAIN at the delivery box. There are dozens of improvements that could be made, including but not limited to, removing the triple confirmation and removing the delivery box from the steps in the process.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I 100% agree with your statement. But please, don't just bump threads. It doesn't change anything, it doesn't make anyone read it more except you and maybe me. The devs won't give it more consideration just because you're bumping it and if you keep doing it, it will just get locked again. Please consider following this advice.

I don't think there's a soul alive who doesn't want to see this system updated, but you need to approach this from the right angle if you want it to get traction.
    (0)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Why dont you ask the producer in person, but I dont think he speaks English but he will be in Boston!
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I believe I just experienced Déjà vu.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Apparently I wasn't cool enough =\
    (0)

Player
    Updating the AH system and the Gil Delivery system would be a really great QOL upgrade.
    (3)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast