Hybrid View

Character
    Runding
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 80

POL tries to boot XI but immediately goes back to POL

As the title says, I tried some more common solutions that google has given me for this such as making sure legacy settings were enabled but nothing I've tried so far seems to work

Should probably note I'm windows 10, using a gtx 1080, and I unistalled geforce experience at someones suggestion already
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Try running as administrator and enabling compatibility mode for a previous windows version, if you haven't.

Is this a recent thing that happened or have you not been able to play going further back?
    (0)

Character
    Runding
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Try running as administrator and enabling compatibility mode for a previous windows version, if you haven't.

Is this a recent thing that happened or have you not been able to play going further back?
    Yes I tried compatibility for 7 and xp sp3, have also had admin ticked.

This is a pc that I have built that hasn't ever had XI installed on it, so it's a new problem

Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    Some configurations of windows 10 and certain cards literally will not allow you to play normal, you'll have to use alternative methods.
    The "alternate methods" are actually what I went to as the first possible fix, and the methods that are utilized through that have the same effect.
    (0)

Player
    Some configurations of windows 10 and certain cards literally will not allow you to play normal, you'll have to use alternative methods.
    (0)

Player
    If that's the case there are a couple possibles.

Firewall/UAC sometimes block/crash/close XI, wrong DirectX - 11 will not use new directX, inadequate power for the gpu, or did you try dgvoodoo (youll have to google it)
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I searched some various problems that won't boot up FFXI. Check your event viewer to see if it gives a more detailed error report.
    (0)

Character
    Runding
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 80
    I haven't gotten to try Zehira's newest solution yet but interesting note. I tried installing on my laptop last night and getting the exact same issue, only similarities between pc and laptop is windows 10 and the particular steam edition used (abyssea ultimate collectors) is there the possibility of there being a bad install for that particular version?

edit: Don't want to bump title but incase anyone is looking in, can confirm if you happened to by Abyssea Ultimate Collectors years ago do no use the steam version to reinstall if you come back to the game, this was the issue and just reinstalling with the client through main XI website did the trick.
    (2)
    Last edited by Runding; 01-12-2020 at 01:21 PM.