Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadie View Post
    There is no issue with /equipset commands not swapping gear quickly enough on the server. If I use a macro with an /equipset command followed by a pet move, it swaps in just as intended. If there is a chance of failure, then it is incredibly small.

The problem is that the developers do not seem to have accounted for Desultor Tassets when they said, quoting the digest video: "These adjustments are intended to make recast time reducing equipment unnecessary".

At present the base recast timer for Ready is 30 seconds, with a minimum of 10 seconds. We can reduce this by 20 seconds with the following:
    • 10 seconds from merits
    • 5 seconds from the 100 job point gift
    • 5 seconds from Desultor Tassets augmented with "Sic" and "Ready" ability delay -5
    If the goal, as stated, was to make recast time reducing equipment unnecessary, then the simplest solution here is to provide another 5 seconds through either Ready merits, the 100 job point gift, or by reducing the base recast.
    I just don't use the gearing swappage \ gear swapping macro's commands and try to set myself to one gear's being best they can be for all situations myself but I am speaking for all gears for all jobs as well. It just seems to be complicated of a system to actually working of its own version created into the game myself with that much more of trying to be remembering to do too on those of us whom don't already have the best of memories to it too.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Ferthe
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadie View Post
    There is no issue with /equipset commands not swapping gear quickly enough on the server. If I use a macro with an /equipset command followed by a pet move, it swaps in just as intended. If there is a chance of failure, then it is incredibly small.

The problem is that the developers do not seem to have accounted for Desultor Tassets when they said, quoting the digest video: "These adjustments are intended to make recast time reducing equipment unnecessary".

At present the base recast timer for Ready is 30 seconds, with a minimum of 10 seconds. We can reduce this by 20 seconds with the following:
    • 10 seconds from merits
    • 5 seconds from the 100 job point gift
    • 5 seconds from Desultor Tassets augmented with "Sic" and "Ready" ability delay -5
    If the goal, as stated, was to make recast time reducing equipment unnecessary, then the simplest solution here is to provide another 5 seconds through either Ready merits, the 100 job point gift, or by reducing the base recast.
    I feel like the obvious answer here should be replace the 1200 job gift that is currently pet tp bonus +40 to -5 ability delay for sic and ready.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Regarding ability ranges, as we’ve mentioned multiple times in the past, we are not considering making changes. The January 2020 adjustments are meant to encourage beastmasters themselves to fight on the frontline, so we’d like you to find a way to work together with your pets.
    and as *we* have mentioned multiple times, your changes which you are being so stubborn on have had substantial unintended consequences, and you keep missing the point. There are other ways you can encourage players to be on the front line, and you've even already implemented some of them

So why are you doubling down so hard on this? You continue to fail to understand what the real problem is. Your change intended at ending a playstyle you don't agree with didn't even really accomplish that goal. It only makes it inconvenient, not impossible. All you accomplished here was making the normal gameplay experience for BST a less pleasant one. What good is a balance change if it means nobody enjoys playing the job anymore? Find a way to achieve your goal without crippling the experience for people who already play the way you want them to.

The January 2020 adjustments provide benefits for keeping close. This is really all you needed to do. Why keep a draconian penalty in place that harms players playing the intended way as much as it harms the unintended way you don't want?

As others have put it, the correct approach to the "problem" is make close range combat more viable for the job- not strong arm people into doing it despite it not offering a lot over the previous alternative. It's borderline insulting how you continue to dig your heals in and not really listen to what your playerbase is telling you- Something you have a unique obligation to consider in order to keep your paying customers.
    (10)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-25-2020 at 06:03 AM.

Character
    Smokenttp
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    Thank you for the feedback.

As of the January adjustments, gear swapping cannot keep up when used after “/pet” commands. This isn’t limited to just beastmaster, but rather tied to equipment that apply effects at a specific timing. Even if a particular macro functions correctly, (for instance, equip recast reduction gear, then execute a command, then swapping to another gear are all executed) it doesn’t go as far as to guarantee the activation of equipment effects. However, in this case there were some pet abilities where there was enough time to change equipment, which currently don’t function as they had before. This particular change wasn’t intended and will be addressed.

Next is the question of determining the activation time.
    “/equipset” has always been a command that takes time between execution and actually applying the equipment. Changing the activation time to match this would mean a delay of 75 frames, which would be the same as summoner.
    However, this would make the overall activation time slower than before, and would result negatively for players who don’t change equipment.

On the other hand, “/equip” command executes in 60 frames and is considerably faster than “/equipset”. There have been many abilities that were 60 frames, and so this would probably feel similar to how it was previously.

This time we’re planning to make adjustments using the latter idea. Should we receive a large amount of feedback that gear swapping doesn’t work or players who prefer to use /equipset instead, we’ll consider changing it to be the same as summoner, at 75 frames. Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

Regarding ability ranges, as we’ve mentioned multiple times in the past, we are not considering making changes. The January 2020 adjustments are meant to encourage beastmasters themselves to fight on the frontline, so we’d like you to find a way to work together with your pets.
    Just change the damage abilities to 75 frames already (the same as smn) it will save you time, /equipset is too valuable of a macro tool to passby and /equip piece by piece now adays begs players to use 3rd party tools.....
    (2)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Distance for ability activation is broken.
    It's been mentioned dozens of times, the distance for ability ranges are broken. Please listen to your community. We are frequently put in a position where maintaining standing on top of the pet is hard. The game has so many mechanics that revolve around constant movement.

Beastmaster pets have their own enmity. They will run after anything that hits them with area of effect and you can't call it back unless you run to go stand on top of them. No other pet job has to deal with that.

Bind and knockback effects are equivalent to Amnesia. I can't command my pet if on some fights I'm constantly being thrown out of the small range you're giving to issue any command at all. The changes to range are extremely overbearing.

January 2020 Changes to Melee
    If you want players to melee with their pets then make meaningful contributions to melee. The January 2020 changes wasn't enough. I also don't like the precedent this creates where you're stuck using certain pets to melee.
    • Harden Shell: Comes from a Level 99 Jug that can only hit item level 114.
    • Secretion: Evasion+25 is nothing. Especially on a job with C rating in Evasion.
    • Rage: Forced to use a weak jug pet for Attack +50%/Defense -50%.
    • Zealous Snort: Haste is overwritten by Haste II, which almost everyone is gonna have access to with trusts. Counter and Magic Defense Bonus is good. Pretty much stuck using this jug only.
    • Water Wall: The duration is random.
    • Bubble Curtain: The Magic Damage Taken is overwritten by Shell/Shellra V even though it's more potent.
    I feel like the team is trying to rewrite Beastmaster into something else and is not sure what to do. This feels like how Puppetmaster was treated in the beginning but worse.

Ideas
    • Give us good axe/shield Fencer builds.
    • Remove the distance nerf to ability activation.
    • Uncap jug pets so we have more at 99.
    (7)

Player
    At least FIX the pet AI so it does not attack random monsters on its hate list. Its very annoying having pet constantly dart all around the battle field, especially now with the super small command radius. Group events with multiple monsters are a nightmare because the pet is always running out of command radius attacking the wrong monsters. In these battles I spend half the time spamming Heel, Heel, Heel, Heel, Heel when I could be using Ready for damage instead.
    (7)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    A major solution for inventory and equipment torment

My theory for a combined JSE equipment evolution. This is an incredibly innovative concept compared to the status quo of FFXI from launch to present day. It would require the creation of at least one new type of a NPC. This NPC could be a stand-alone NPC or duplicates could be spread to major cities similar to how Porter Moogle are placed.

With a version update for content a new class of progression JSE item would be introduced. To obtain this new class of progression JSE a player would interface with the new associated NPC when their current job is level 99. That way the NPC selects it's dispensable items corresponding to the job the player shows. Example: a player speaks to the NPC as a level 99 DRG, the NPC menus adjust and selections are established for the DRG equipment category.

This NPC will dispense at ZERO cost a new blank piece of progression JSE (congruous to what is already established with base dispensable trial of the magian progression weapons).

Each non-weaponry equipment type would dispense a menu select-able item.

Head / Body / Hands / Legs / Feet / Waist / Back / Neck / Ammo (Satchel) / Left Ring(1) / Right Ring(2)

FFXI dev team would apply a visual skin (appearance) and a name for each of these. Appearance could be entirely new or a regenerated use of currently existing appearances (i personally would chose the abyssea class skins).

The new progression JSE equipment would require a "EX" item tag, and CAN NOT receive a "rare" item tag. This is extremely important as concerns the attribute for +/-enmity as i will explain further below.

OK! now on to the good part of how this works. I can best describe it as attribute assimilation. For fans of Star Trek, a reference would be how the Borg are conceptualized. Your new progression JSE assimilates and combines the attributes of each item a particular job can wear, {Obvious exclusions can be made for specific non-combat related attributes such as Warp and Teleport capabilities}

WHILE WEARING a currently existing item, the player trades the new progression JSE item corresponding to the item slot they are wearing to the new NPC and that new NPC has TWO confirmation dialogues. ~ 1st is apply enmity. This gives selections for "Yes" "No" and "Neutral". Selecting "Yes" will apply the enmity attribute of the item you are wearing to the corresponding JSE progression item. Selecting "No" will ignore the enmity attribute. Selecting "Neutral" will remove adjustment of +/- enmity from the JSE progression item. ~ 2nd is apply attributes. This gives selections for "Yes" and "No". Selecting "Yes" will apply the highest value of a combat attribute to the corresponding JSE progression item when compared to the item that is worn and the current attributes on the JSE progression item. Higher value overwrites lower value and lower value will never overwrite a higher value. Attribute values are stored onto the JSE progression item using the existing augmented capability display. {Reference Oseem / Nolan npc and Escha item augments}.

This innovation will not only fix the torment associated with inventory limitations, but in addition will fix the torment associated with pre-cast & potency & idle & +/- enmity & JSE capes & selective adjustments related to /equipset and macros.

Below i'll represent a brief display of a set of trades for a visualization of what i have described above.

We start with our "Blank" JSE progression item. In it's "Blank" state it would only have an associated appearance and whatever it's attached name would be. For this case we will utilize a Head slot equipment for WAR. We trade the blank JSE progression item to the npc as we are a lvl 99 WAR while we have equipped on our character a Boii Mask +1. We select our choices from the dialogue confirmations and our JSE progression item will now have these augments. ->

DEF:114 HP+43 STR+33 DEX+17 VIT+32 AGI+15 INT+11 MND+11 CHR+11 Accuracy+24 Attack+24 Evasion+36 Magic Evasion+48 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+7% Critical hit rate +4% "Double Attack"+5% Set: Augments "Double Attack"

Now we remove the Boii Mask +1 and equip on our character a Pummeler's Mask +3. We trade the JSE progression item to our new favorite NPC and select the dialogue confirmations and our JSE progression item will now have these augments. ->

DEF:133 HP+67 STR+33 DEX+34 VIT+34 AGI+31 INT+31 MND+31 CHR+31 Accuracy+47 Attack +24 Evasion+56 Magic Evasion+73 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Haste+8% Critical hit rate +4% "Double Attack" +5% Enmity+12 "Aggressor" duration +18 Physical damage taken -5% Set: Increases Accuracy, Ranged Accuracy, and Magic Accuracy Augments "Double Attack".

Now we remove the Pummeler's Mask +3 and equip on our character a Agoge Mask +3. We trade the JSE progression item to our new favorite NPC and select the dialogue confirmations and our JSE progression item will now have these augments. ->

DEF:135 HP+67 STR+35 DEX+34 VIT+35 AGI+31 INT+31 MND+31 CHR+31 Accuracy+47 Attack+83 Magic Accuracy+37 Evasion+56 Magic Evasion+73 "Magic Def. Bonus"+4 Parrying skill +21 Haste+8% Critical hit rate +4% "Double Attack" +5% Enmity+12 "Warcry" effect duration +30 Weapon skill damage +10% Physical damage taken -5% Set: Increases Accuracy, Ranged Accuracy, and Magic Accuracy Augments "Double Attack".

Now we remove the Agoge Mask +3 and equip on our character a Sulevia's Mask +2. We trade the JSE progression item to our new favorite NPC and select the dialogue confirmations and our JSE progression item will now have these augments. ->

DEF:135 HP+67 MP+40 STR+35 DEX+34 VIT+40 AGI+31 INT+31 MND+31 CHR+31 Accuracy+47 Attack+83 Magic Accuracy +37 Evasion+56 Magic Evasion+73 "Magic Def. Bonus"+4 Parrying skill +21 Haste+8% "Store TP"+10 Critical hit rate +4% "Double Attack" +5% Enmity+12 "Warcry" effect duration +30 Weapon skill damage +10% Damage taken -6% Set: Enhances "Subtle Blow" effect Increases Accuracy, Ranged Accuracy, and Magic Accuracy Augments "Double Attack".

{wherever i used the acronym "JSE" this refers to Job Specific Equipment}
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 01-26-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't know why we're failing to communicate that we aren't explicitly asking for a revert, just a more forgiving range value. I get it, they want to keep BST on the front. Why can't they compromise and increase the range by just a few yalms to ease the frustration?

Just increase the current value by 3-5y and give hte master a little freedom to reposition without losing the ability to command.
    (6)

Character
    Lucor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The biggest thing I can't understand about the BST range issue is... Why is range an issue with BST and not PUP? PUP has better melee gear and weaponskills than BST, yet they can issue commands even further than SMN could.
    (5)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    This time we’re planning to make adjustments using the latter idea. Should we receive a large amount of feedback that gear swapping doesn’t work or players who prefer to use /equipset instead, we’ll consider changing it to be the same as summoner, at 75 frames. Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

I'm unable to guess how SE will fix inconsistent gear swapping with Desultor Legs (and retain the use of full Pet Stat sets), but Reward Job Ability activation is still broken. Please consider fixing the buff priority problems as well.

A simple fix of +3 yalms would go such a long way. It would mean, that the Beastmaster and pet can fight a monster from opposite sides ..and still activate Reward consistently. This is something we have always done since 2003!

As a paying customer, my patience is wearing very thin. However, I am reserving my judgement for the next Beastmaster update. SE can sometimes surprise us and produce very good things. I am still hopeful, you can get Beastmaster right.
    (4)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 01-27-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast