Player

All new players should get an Echad ring as standard

Also a Trizek ring when they unlock Job points, having to wait on these is really not acceptable.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    They get higher power JP ring from RoE and there's a vast variety of +Exp gain temps beyond Echad. Echad and Trizek are loyalty rewards. SE could and should be more promotional about where+how+when new players have access to pick them up though.
    (2)

Player
    Echad is an unlimited charge ring, everyone has one at this point so it's unfair that new players have to wait so long to get it.

At the very least they should always be available from login points.
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    these kids wouldnt have survived 2002
    (5)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    SE could and should be more promotional about where+how+when new players have access to pick them up though.
    It is ironic, in that the destruction of the traditional experience-points parties, has also inadvertently created this information-communication problem. SE never used to tell us anything. We could go years and years without hearing a word from SE. And I actually liked that silence and distance, it made them seem somehow celestial and omnipotent. But we all knew what was going on anyway, because players communicated with other players!

We used to talk about stuff in experience points parties. When Empress Bands first were released, everybody was talking about it. Literally nobody who joined an experience points party, would be unaware of the new Empress Bands, with the OMG 1000xp per day bonus. People were thronging round the Signet NPC to get their E-Bands. There was a carnival atmosphere. I felt like dancing for joy.

Also, SE didn't teach me how to solo BST from level 1 to level 75 back in 2004, or how to play BST75 in catastrophic damage situations. SE didn't teach me how to traverse the remote hostile wilderness areas of Vana'diel, where the hidden tunnels and caves are, where all the mobs spawn, or which mobs are DC or EM etc. SE didn't teach me how to kite and pin exotic rare NMs.

I learned all these things, and more, by playing the game, being truly immersed in the atmosphere of Vana'diel, by trial and error, by dying thousands of horrifical deaths, and by actually talking to other players and making new friends all the time.

I made so many friends in Dunes parties, GC parties, etc. I met new people every day, because I *really* wanted to level up, and that meant engaging with other people! During experience parties we talked about Vana'diel. We shared information. We were self-sufficient. It was great.

I miss Dunes parties. There, I said it.
    (3)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree with Clou777. Most people will say FFXIV is better and I can see that. FFXI is meant for some old folks like us to enjoy from time to time. Who knows what the dev team is planning for the 20th anniversary.

I agree with Stompa. This official forums isn't the only place to expect some answers from Square Enix themselves. Most of time, this is about to communicate with other players or you can leave your opinions here without judging someone's opinions.
    (1)