Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Jangamaky
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Connection problems?

Is anyone else having connection problems today (23 Dec 2019)? I haven't been able to log in all day, and I've checked with both SE Support and my ISP. It seems like communication with SE is lagged and packets are being dropped. Sometimes I can't log in without a POL-0011 error, and other times I can get to the character select screen, choose a character, but then it hands on "Loading data" and finally fails.

I ran a tracert and the connection seems good up until the hop to Japan. I live in southern California.

Edit: Even posting this message took multiple attempts because it kept saying my connection was reset.
    (0)

Character
    Krokov
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You have a person in or my groups was saying they are having trouble connecting to the PlayOnline. This was earlier though so I don't know if it's correct itself now.
    (0)

Character
    Jangamaky
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Morovich View Post
    You have a person in or my groups was saying they are having trouble connecting to the PlayOnline. This was earlier though so I don't know if it's correct itself now.
    So far it's been more than 12 hours, and still no improvement. I've done traceroutes from my own computer and from websites run by major backbone telecoms, and everything coming from at least part of the L.A. to Japan and Square Enix starts to drop packets after a couple hops. Of course, there's no one I can report this to. My ISP blames SE or the backbone companies, and SE blames my ISP.

Hopefully it straightens itself out soon. I really wanted to enjoy the game during the holiday break.
    (0)

Character
    Jangamaky
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's really frustrating because sometimes it gives errors logging in, and other times it logs in fine and menu navigation is nice and fast. But then when I select a character and try to connect, it goes to a black screen that just says "Downloading data..." and then nothing. Eventually it gives the error:

Error code: FFXI-3001
    No response from the Final Fantasy XI server
    Connection timed out.
    Press OK to shut down.
    (0)

Character
    Jangamaky
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I set up port forwarding, but that didn't help. Next I tried connecting through a VPN, and that did the trick. It seems to be a problem with my ISP (Spectrum), especially since they see the dropped packets when they try hitting SE from their end. Very odd...
    (0)

Character
    Enthrax
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    have you been able to figure out why this is happening? this issue started for me too yesterday and today too, i also live in southern california with spectrum.

edit: i just reread the last post and saw you used a VPN, i hope spectrum fixes their system. i dont have a VPN x.x
    (0)
    Last edited by Sevrax; 12-25-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I contacted Spectrum and gave them some of my network analysis. They also suggested to contact SE to see if SE changed anything, IE are filtering spectrum IP addresses.
    (0)

Character
    Enthrax
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    so spectrum will need to change something on their end before it gets fixed? great i love talking to them -_-;;;
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Well the other possibility is someone decided to start early on the stopping of the POL mail that was schedule on the 26th and messed something up. We'd need info from SE
    (0)

Character
    Krokov
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I just was able to get on I suppose the process was little longer than usual but I was able to log in.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast