Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Czeph View Post
    I thought my atonement suggestion was reasonable in that it brings atonement damage nearer to savage blade damage, and savage blade would still be stronger for pure damage.
    They do not think the DMG of PLD is low considering the dmg they produce with respect to them being a tank job.
    (0)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    For conveneince sake, I will quote from page one SE's detailed reply from that Manifesto:
    Howdy!

Sorry to make all of you paladins wait! While this might not cover every single question and request we have seen, the below is a hefty portion of responses toward your feedback.

We would like the enmity cap to be raised.
    When considering the nature of the game, we would like to leave the enmity cap as it is currently and focus instead on specific adjustments for each job.

Add an ability that has a high amount of enmity like Provoke.
    We are currently looking into adjustments that will make it possible for paladins to up the amount of enmity they gain in situations where party members’ enmity is steadily rising due to high damage output. However, as was shown in the concept, instead of an ability like Provoke that gives a spike in enmity, we are focusing more on the direction of adding elements that will allow of enmity gain as a part of defense and being able to maintain a high amount of enmity that has been accumulated.

Add an ability like in Ballista where you can constantly hold a target’s attention for a set period of time.
    This seems like it would be a good stat to be granted during Invincible. We will look into it.

It’s really rough trying to maintain the focus of enemies that have enmity reset abilities. Do you have anything planned for this?
    Though we haven’t decided on the specific effects and implementation method, we will be preparing some method to address this.

Add an ability that absorbs a party/alliance member’s enmity.
    Though it doesn’t absorb enmity directly, Cover has an effect that is very close.

Reduce the recast timer on Shield Bash.
    When we make adjustments to the merit point system we will look into making changes to the recast timer when applying merit points to Shield Bash.

Increase the activation rate of shield blocks.
    In the next version update, we are planning to add an ability that will temporarily increase the activation of shield blocks as well as make is so no enmity is lost.

Are you planning any kind of specialized mode change for shield defense?
    While it will require you to be under the effect of an ability, we are thinking of making a new ability similar to what you described that focuses on raising the defensive stats of your shield.

We would like an increase in enmity effect when our shields activate.
    The concern here is that stats for shields with high block rates (like Ochain) would become too high. Since we would have to make balance adjustments such as raising the shield activation rate on other shields, we are currently not thinking about this.

Make it possible to use Cover on alliance members as well.
    Since Cover was designed to only function with party members, it would be necessary to carefully look into the balance of battles if we expanded it to cover alliance members, so it is not something we can change without a lot of testing. This is same way we approach all abilities and spells for jobs.

When using Cover, we would like the offset enmity to be given to the paladin.
    Thief’s Trick Attack ability already features a similar effect, so we’d rather they be used in this type of situation.

Add an ability that makes it so an enemy’s AoE attack does not affect other party members when the paladin is the main target.
    While we will not be making it so AoE attacks are totally avoidable, we are looking into making it so that the effect of Sentinel can be spread to party members for a period of time to protect them.

Add an enmity bonus to Cure.
    We’d like to look into if we could add something to merit points that would be like an enmity boosting version of Tranquil Heart.

I’m pretty sure that Fencer should be for paladin…
    Paladin has a high amount of defense, so we are not thinking about adding a high amount of attack power on top of their defense currently.
    Their plan for PLD is very clear when this was posted. And it seems they won't budge giving anything remote to what you all are asking for, regardless how many people beg for it because of possible balancing issues. I think it's reasonable too. And at least here, they give the community a detailed response why they wont. Whereas in BST adjustments, however, they are very quiet.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seish; 12-05-2019 at 04:00 AM.

Character
    Nitenichi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Honestly you have what it takes to hold enmity in XIV, (Iron Will PLD Defiance WAR) just copy it over lol, there is a metric ton of copying mobs, moves etc from XI to XIV so it can't be that hard. Literally as soon as the designated tank puts the move on unless said tank dies it does not move off of the tank no matter what.
    (0)

Character
    Kirth
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Again, it feels like the devs have missed the mark by a mile. I'll give the new additions a shot once they're out, but my gut is telling me these aren't the changes that will make up for PLDs shortcomings. Like many have mentioned here and on other forums, PLD needs something that is a counterpart to Foil. I think that could have been accomplished by altering Reprisal to have a much improved volatile and cumulative enmity value. Even if it maintained its current cooldown, with enough Haste you can get it to a 1 minute cooldown. Banishga isn't going to give us the AoE threat tool we need unless they're adding enmity to it besides enmity from damage. Something like Flashga would have been a step in the right direction. In order to use an AoE Cure effectively for enmity, you need to cure a lot. If the fight is going well, you're not curing DDs for enough to maintain hate. If the monster turns to face a DD, your WHMs are going to be on top of it, and you're not going to cure that DD for enough to get the monster to turn back. I get the feeling this ability is going to be at minimum on a 5 minute cooldown without a lot of Cumulative and Volatile enmity, but I'll have to wait and see. And I'm not even going to bother going over why Atonement is such a mess. They don't seem interested in improving that either.
    The way the update was worded, it seems the devs are worried more with the identity of the job and its distinction from RUN than its role effectiveness. They've missed the point completely there. They're already different enough, they need parity in role effectiveness. They can alter existing PLD abilities and spells to maintain the job identity and improve its toolset.
    I guess by now I should just be used to the devs doing this to jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    The underwhelming updates to my favorite jobs over the last 2-3 months has really made me re-consider playing. It is a very sad day to be NA FFXI Player.
    (1)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    SE is drilling that the point is with other jobs supporting, you can still have enmity control. This game always was, and is, a team based game and to exhaust hate control as a team rather than it resting on one job specifically.
    (0)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by camaroz View Post
    Honestly you have what it takes to hold enmity in XIV, (Iron Will PLD Defiance WAR) just copy it over lol, there is a metric ton of copying mobs, moves etc from XI to XIV so it can't be that hard. Literally as soon as the designated tank puts the move on unless said tank dies it does not move off of the tank no matter what.
    They said in the manifesto they will not do this. They want a challenge for PLD to exist in holding hate and that by making it too easy the job will be boring. I don't think they will budge. If you want to see the specific quote, it can be found here:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post165471
    (0)
    Last edited by Seish; 12-05-2019 at 04:41 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The thing is there's good challenge and there's bad challenge Bad challenge is when no matter how well you play you keep losing hate, because you're always bumping against a ceiling that everyone else has no problem reaching either. In reality the job is no better at holding hate than anyone else and a tank's defining characteristic is supposed to keeping an enemy away from other players. If they aren't better at doing that then what's the point?
    (2)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    And that's why they added curaga. Someone pointed out, oh cool another useless magic spell that I already had /dnc. Well honestly, with this, now PLD's will be able to sub whatever they need AND get curaga. That will help a lot with establishing enmity on other mobs that no player touched. And to the banishga spell, we have no idea what other sauce they are giving PLD. But judging the nature of it, where you have a TON of mobs that are attacking, this helps ease things a lot. Now I see the concern for hard NM's and difficult content. But that's why there's THF's and hate control. The game drilled into us hate control and SE is not willing to remove that concept. Not everything is a easy win button. But I think they went far enough with this update--though we actually need it to be pushed out first.
    (0)

Character
    Kirth
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    The underwhelming updates to my favorite jobs over the last 2-3 months has really made me re-consider playing. It is a very sad day to be NA FFXI Player.
    Yeah, ditto. I don't want to have to play RUN to play all the high end content my linkshell does. I'm mulling over ending my subscription.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast