Character
    Setzorr
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 76

Macro issues with /pet

I am unable to use any pet macros that use two word names.
    /pet "Judgement Bolt" <t> for example
    however
    /pet Thunderspark <t> works fine.

I tested sam macros like /weaponskill "Tachi: Gekko" <t> and it seems to work fine.

the client simply replies "A command error occurred"

i have looked all over to see if anybody else has posted the same issue and i can't find anything. really surprising, does nobody play summoner anymore?
    (0)

Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It works for me without an issue. That's strange, maybe try a file check.

If you go SAM/SMN do 2 words macros work for your pet?

If that is the case try launching the game through pol.exe
    (0)

Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Also double check that you have Astral Flow active and you have over 200 MP if you are attempting to use Judgement Bolt
    (0)

Character
    Setzorr
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 76
    the strange part is it's happening to a friend of mine who is also an end-game summoner on a completely different computer.

also, I'm a 2004 veteran player, i understand the mechanics of the game very well in terms of requirements, diamond dust did not work as well.

If it were just me i would've assumed it was maybe a problem with my client, but seeing as someone who i only know online is having the EXACT same problem led me to concern and to make this report.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Setzor View Post
    the strange part is it's happening to a friend of mine who is also an end-game summoner on a completely different computer.

also, I'm a 2004 veteran player, i understand the mechanics of the game very well in terms of requirements, diamond dust did not work as well.

If it were just me i would've assumed it was maybe a problem with my client, but seeing as someone who i only know online is having the EXACT same problem led me to concern and to make this report.

As the other person posted... you are making sure you have enough MP prior to use right? Avatar ultimate abilities require a minimum of (caster's level) x 2 MP to cast, or 198 MP at level 99 (as far as I know item level doesn't affect this)

I have no issue using /pet commands like "Chaotic Strike". Did you try non-ultimate abilities? (I use them so rarely that I don't have them macro'd)
    (0)

Character
    Setzorr
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    As the other person posted... you are making sure you have enough MP prior to use right? Avatar ultimate abilities require a minimum of (caster's level) x 2 MP to cast, or 198 MP at level 99 (as far as I know item level doesn't affect this)

I have no issue using /pet commands like "Chaotic Strike". Did you try non-ultimate abilities? (I use them so rarely that I don't have them macro'd)

Verified MP, was level 24 SMN/WHM tarutaru with full MP.
    Was able to use the 2 hour via menu, but not via /pet macro.
    Verified i typed it correctly, several times. Tried to use autotranslate as well.
    Tried other abilities like Thunderspark and it worked.

Monitored network traffic to see if the client was even sending the command to the server (senior engineer for another MMO), and it was not, thus leading me to believe it's a client issue.

And most importantly. This happened to another friend who is also experiencing the exact same issue.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Setzor View Post
    Verified MP, was level 24 SMN/WHM tarutaru with full MP.
    Was able to use the 2 hour via menu, but not via /pet macro.
    Verified i typed it correctly, several times. Tried to use autotranslate as well.
    Tried other abilities like Thunderspark and it worked.

Monitored network traffic to see if the client was even sending the command to the server (senior engineer for another MMO), and it was not, thus leading me to believe it's a client issue.

And most importantly. This happened to another friend who is also experiencing the exact same issue.
    The game doesn't send commands to the server if they aren't valid, this has been well known for a while. It is under this fact that some third party tools operate (from the fear that they would spam the server with commands which would raise a red flag etc).
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Have you tried using /ja instead of /pet ? It has always worked, and still does.

That being said, I used the same pet command with both /ja and /pet, and both worked.

So if /ja doesn't work either, and you're spelling the ability name correctly in straight quotation marks i.e. "Chaotic Strike", there is something wrong with your client. Either a bad install or interference from a third party tool that manipulates command entry.

I do not endorse the use of any third party applications, however if you happen to be using any, first run the game without them and see if it works. Then make sure they are up to date. Turn them back on but Disable any extra features you have in place, and then re-enable them one at a time to find the culprit. And remember that any such behavior is at your own risk.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-04-2019 at 05:06 AM.