Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

The Pink Elephant In The Room

There is a pink elephant in the room that looks at all of us but no one--for whatever reason or another--refuse to talk about--RMT.

Now before I begin, I want to start out by saying I understand the game changed and there are a lack of resources. And that the Merc culture that exists in many servers makes it difficult to get things done without having the adequate help--ergo why many may lean to defend RMT. But let's think about this.

This game is an easier version of FFXI. It's easy now to produce in a day 16M!!! I did one Dynamis D event and was surprised how many big item drops that I had--keep in mind, this was my first time doing it. All the RoE quests, Ambuscade, and even Reisemanjia I make a ton. So I don't even see the need to want to--or quite honestly understand why there is a need to begin with.

Regardless of my opinions above, let's look at facts. RMT's steal accounts of people and either sell them or use them for their own gain. I known many of my friends that lost accounts and/or gear due to their accounts being compromised. I have first hand lost good friends and LS's were disrupted by the RMT community.

In addition to this, RMT's corner markets and slowly fix prices to inflate. So while it may help to have them put stuff in the AH, it will progressively get worse and worse.

Q: But wait, Topshelf. RMT's are different now than pre abby days and are contributing to the game.

A: If they were contributing, they would not be farming for the sake of $$$$. They would be doing missions, quests, and battles with us players and struggle like we do. They do not do this, but instead they are adding to a problem. Case in point was in the early games when RMT sold gil to players and while at first it wasn't felt. Many players said that the RMT's are helping, and making the game easier to play. But overtime the economy became so inflated that SE had to reset the AH, made some items exclusive, as well eventually creating the Special Task Force to handle RMT.

If RMT was not as prevalent as it is now, players would naturally flock to things in demand and an equilibrium of what naturally needs to exist in the AH, would stocked--doesn't matter how easy or difficult it is to farm. If there's a need, people will want to buy it. Gil is the incentive for people to get off their bums to go out and farm it.

But this culture of overlooking RMT, or blackballing those that turn in RMT has to stop. No one has to report RMT. That's not what this is about. But this community is about supporting one another. If someone wants to report an RMT, let em. Don't black ball em. If the player didn't, for any reason other than being the vector for RMT activity, let that player be as well. But for the Developers, we have a problem and it needs to fix. It's messing up our culture of working together. Developers, please look into ways to augment gameplay to reduce RMTs.

Now those that are mercs, continue doing what you're doing. This isn't about those that are hired guns. It's a legitimate service. But those that abuse it to sell gil however, is wrong.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seish; 12-03-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Isn't it sad how they are so open about it too? It's almost like they this sense of "i'm so cool" because they merc stuff and sell gil. SE needs to give them a slap.
    (2)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's sad. Either SE needs to make it a PTW game or actually stomp it out and release a memo on what it does. They have to at this point.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There is a pink elephant in the room that looks at all of us but no one--for whatever reason or another--refuse to talk about--RMT.
    Have you read any other part of these forums? We've been talking about it constantly. What rock are you living under?
    (2)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well I didn't see it and I apologize. It's not that I am living under a rock, but rather I just recently returned! It shocks me how bad things have gotten. I feel that SE cannot ignore this any longer though. Either they officially make this a PTW game or they make drastic measures.

EDIT: But when I look on the forums, those who are talking about it the most are Japanese players and not the NA/EU ones. I wish our community would be like those in Japan and condemn the act.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seish; 12-01-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Then they should start IP banning and country banning for where the game isn't supported. And to be honest if you read the Japanese forums, the devs are expressing what they intend to do. Why the devs aren't talking to NA/EU players about this issue is I guess because we don't make a big enough stink about it. But it's that same talk people like you said that allowed the Christmas special years past that caused massive inflation. Most of those that RMT in China utilize VPN's. Start VPN banning those Chinese specific services as well. I'm sure you'll see a big reduction if these methods are implemented.

It's funny though how the Japanese players are begging for change in this, while we are twiddling our thumbs and not doing anything about it and saying it's ok, this is the new normal. We shouldn't take action because it's always going to be like this. Well no it doesn't have to be and as a community we need to get on it. It makes me question how guilty people are in receiving RMT money who say that.

EDIT: I've also had people tell me how RMT's help the economy, and how buying gil helps the game. Well if that's the case the other way to end rmt is make the game PTW (Pay To Win). That way all the RMT's are out of business. If SE really cares about its community, they would figure out some happy median that ends this mess.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seish; 12-03-2019 at 02:24 AM.

Player
    For those of you that got to see that post yesterday

Confirmation of what I said right here.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mikah; 12-02-2019 at 05:40 AM.
    If the delivery box is loaded with 8x gil can we PLEASE get a take all button. It's just an unnecessary step to click 8 times.

Not concerned about SPEED, but BUTTON PRESSES. Confirming. every. single. time. is. excessive. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money.

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    For those of you that got to see that post yesterday

Confirmation of what I said right here.
    I guess they took down your post?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seish View Post
    I guess they took down your post?
    Obviously, lol
    (1)
    If the delivery box is loaded with 8x gil can we PLEASE get a take all button. It's just an unnecessary step to click 8 times.

Not concerned about SPEED, but BUTTON PRESSES. Confirming. every. single. time. is. excessive. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money.

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    Obviously, lol
    At least that tells you what they think about your post. On the positive side, their action speaks what they feel about the issue and is in a sense them talking to you.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast