Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Not really. It would be harder to do, but not impossible.

And I'm not going to kid you, if SE made all external tools disappear (which is impossible) a lot of people would be quitting the game. Keep in mind the main reason many of these tools exist is to address legitimate faliures of SE's UI systems. We could have gotten a UI that actually could have addressed these deficiencies, but SE abandoned it midway through development. Now, some people associate any and all external tools as "cheating" but in reality, most are benign and well intentioned, trying to make our experience a little bit better in places where SE has dropped the ball in the past. Simple things often, like showing information on the screen that every modern MMO displays for us but FFXI buries under a multitude of menus- things like your EXP/CP and TNL, how much money you have, bigger/easier to read health bars, etc.

I don't advocate actual cheating, like speedhacking/warping, revealing information that isn't normally available to the player, automated multiboxing, and other things that an actual person wouldn't be capable of doing. However, FFXI's UI is debatably where the game shows its age the most, with menu systems typical of a single player turn based game in an online realtime combat game. It could seriously do with an update, but that will likely never happen with the current scope of the dev team we have now.
    I know right. If Square Enix really want to bring their games to Stadia then it won't be FFXI (FFXIV maybe if more players are interested). Hopefully, Google won't end up like Epic Store because I really prefer Steam.

I only pay for Google Drive and Google Fi. -__-
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Frankly I don't like the concept of this kind of service in general beyond certain niche applications; but it would make a lot more sense for Google to partner with Valve and leverage the already existing library of tens of thousands of games rather than invent a new platform around a concept that has limited appeal from the start.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I understand and I agree with what you said they shall partner with Valve. My brother works for Google so I can't say anything negative against Google. To be honest, I am a big fan of Google because they have developed what the best for the deaf customers like me. Products such as Live Transcribe, Voicemail transcription, and more which, of course, are free to use. They have their employees who are deaf; therefore, I honestly wish them a good luck with Stadia. I know not everyone likes the idea of cloud-gaming. Only time will tell.
    (0)

Player
    This isn't about getting rid of 3rd party tools, this is about letting people play ffxi who don't have a good enough computer. Stadia is the easiest and cheapest alt platform.
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    oh god imagine the dynamis lag...
    (1)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    This isn't about getting rid of 3rd party tools, this is about letting people play ffxi who don't have a good enough computer. Stadia is the easiest and cheapest alt platform.
    You can find a good enough computer to play this game for like $10 on ebay.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You can find a good enough computer to play this game for like $10 on ebay.
    You're wrong, the problem is due to the age of the game many drivers don't support the game well. This is especially a problem for laptops.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    You're wrong, the problem is due to the age of the game many drivers don't support the game well. This is especially a problem for laptops.
    And if you buy a used computer, it probably has older drivers on it that play nicer with the game, so no, I'm not wrong.

Not that it's even an issue with new ones. Just eeed to make sure legacy components are set up in Windows. I'm running on a 8 core 16 thread Ryzen 7 1700X and some relatively recent Radeon GPU and I had no issues playing whatsoever, the game started right up after reinstalling.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2