Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Player
    Look at this ridiculousness. The entire linkshell banned for duping, but these accounts still selling and buying duped mats like nothing happened. Great job STF.

https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Vibzz
    https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Vibiz
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 11-16-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Can the STF actually do something about the INSANE and LUDICROUS amount of botters? Like, just log into your own game and you'd know how pervasive this crap is. Nothing has been done about it for months and months and months. They claim how important the integrity of the game is, but is it really?
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    It was possible to use this exploit against NPCs that returned items, so riftcinder, riftdross, swart astral and heroism crystals are all suspect. For Delivery Crate, riftcinder/riftdross were duplicated and stored by the thousands.

However, for NPCs that did not return an item (Oboro, swart/heroism crystals), you would simply get 8x the credit for your trade. Imagine going to Oboro and making a Rank 15 weapon with 1/8th of the Swart Astral or Heroism Crystals!

This is so awful. I hope SE has records of the trades to Oboro and Delivery Crate. Anyone who dupes these items, made an Afterglow weapons/shields illegitimately, and the alt characteers who store their reservers ....should ALL BE BANNED. Any account that is sitting on thousands of these items or completes an exorbitant trade within hours of each other should be automatically banned. (-_-)
    (3)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 11-16-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Player
    You need to understand something here, Square regularly "dupe" items in a way... with campaigns. They give increased drop rates, double drops etc. Unity campaign = double drop rates and the prices divebomb for a while and then recover.

There being more of an item in circulation isn't necessarily a problem that leads to the end of the world, if after this they judge that now there aren't enough of these medals guess what they will do? They will increase drop rates or add a campaign with double drops. The drop rates and needed campaigns etc are calculated based on how many of an item are in circulation, now that this exploit has been fixed they will see a drastic drop over time in the amount in circulation and may have to increase drop rates.

The problem isn't extra items in circulation (the entire duping problem isn't as big a deal as you think it is, very few people had the "tools" to do this and the ones that did couldn't sell enough in a short space of time anyway), it was people being able to abuse the system and getting them off the server. The economy hasn't been damaged long-term anymore than any campaign or easy ambuscade month does.

Here is the problem for the people that abused these things with other npcs, they end up killing the game for themselves.

Years ago I used to play PSO, I loved the game more than anything and was highly addicted to it. I wanted that lavis cannon, the spread needle, the dragon slayer etc and I farmed rare monsters, did ruins runs over and over again to get them. I played like a driven demon because I wanted those flashy items, and although it annoyed me because it took so long to get them it kept me chugging away and the items were solid gold to me when I did get them.

However I then found out about duping and used it and in a few months I had every item in the game that I wanted and all those cool flashy weapons not only had little value to me but I didn't even use most of them. I was so bored that I had nothing left to do, I was so OP that the game was trivial anyway, had no drive to do anything and had a full inventory of cool items I didn't care about, but I kept playing because I still loved the game. I effectively ruined the game for myself so I learned my lesson.

The goals you have, the making of REMA etc are why you keep playing and driven to do content, those are the things that keep you doing stuff. When you have everything you lose the drive to do anything and just end up sitting in town trolling yell. Ultimately they just hurt themselves by cheating.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I understand where you're coming from, but the recent exploit has allowed more medals, riftdross, riftcinder, heroism crystals and swart astrals to stockpiled by a select few. They are still out there. Without additional expansions or upgrades to Weapons and Armor, they will have an unfair advantage and negatively affect the rate at which other, honest players can progress. (Upgrade paths for REMA weapons/shields are too narrow as it is). Even linkshells that farm Dynamis-Divergence for splitting-gil have found some difficulty selling their winnings.

My goals haven't changed because they duped items and stored them on mules. My goals have been significantly hampered due to the present short-term inflation caused by this exploit.
    (1)

Player
    You don't know how many people have "stockpiled" anything and anyway because human nature being what it is... when people abuse stuff like this they get more and more brazen (when they see no risk) and end up getting the accounts banned. Whatever the people who abused this got in the past when they controlled themselves was probably all lost when they went crazy duping medals and got caught and banned (trust me, mass selling gets old and they end up just having a mass of stuff on their alts). Again they can see all your trades and see that stockpile on your alt account, nothing on ffxi is private. This is their world.

Even RMT would not heavily abuse this (and they didn't know about it anyway) because it would destroy the economy, which is how they make money long-term.

Regardless of that anyway, is there an increase of those items? yes but so what? There is an increase of most of those items by a massive amount when there is an easy ambuscade month, someone finds some easy way to kill things like astral burn or when someone loses their job and no-lifes content for months during double drop etc Summoner burn and 1 hour resets had more impact than this ever would of because far more people abused that.

It's not that big of a deal as it's being made out to be because again, the people that had this script was fairly small and it's not hard to nuke them and their horde of alts when that is the case.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    It's not that big of a deal as it's being made out to be because again, the people that had this script was fairly small and it's not hard to nuke them and their horde of alts when that is the case.
    yeah, it's not hard, that's the problem. Every second this goes unresolved, everything loses value. Dragging their feet is unacceptable.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    yeah, it's not hard, that's the problem. Every second this goes unresolved, everything loses value. Dragging their feet is unacceptable.
    It was patched game wide for all npcs days ago (the trade system is a module all npcs call for this type of trade, so fix for one is fix for all), the abusers were banned and lost access to their stashes too. It's mostly all contained at this point and wasn't that big to start with. Again, all trades are logged and they know who used it, or at least the biggest problem people (no need to ban a person that used it for 5 dupes). Sure people used dupes to unknowingly upgrade some gear but it's not a big deal in the grand scheme, anymore than a double drop event would be. Prices will return to normal after few weeks, demand will still be there.

If I had to guess I would say this all started in Norg at certain NPCs from a certain script there (that was altered for use somewhere else), so there are probably some people sweating and hoping they don't check into their perfect augments too deeply xD
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 11-16-2019 at 11:01 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    It was patched game wide for all npcs days ago (the trade system is a module all npcs call for this type of trade, so fix for one is fix for all), the abusers were banned and lost access to their stashes too. It's mostly all contained at this point and wasn't that big to start with. Again, all trades are logged and they know who used it, or at least the biggest problem people (no need to ban a person that used it for 5 dupes). Sure people used dupes to unknowingly upgrade some gear but it's not a big deal in the grand scheme, anymore than a double drop event would be. Prices will return to normal after few weeks, demand will still be there.

If I had to guess I would say this all started in Norg at certain NPCs from a certain script there (that was altered for use somewhere else), so there are probably some people sweating and hoping they don't check into their perfect augments too deeply xD
    Everything, absolutely every word of this post is incorrect

The few accounts that duped are banned, ZERO of their stashes are gone. NEW medals can't be duped but TRILLIONS of gil worth of duped medals still exist on alts. 1 dupe is bannable. Everyone who bought duped gear is guilty, not necessarily banably guilty, but punishably guilty.

Dragonsrage has 2 billion gil worth of duped medals. (That we know of, for certain)

5 Medals = 1 Corcea mors. He has no less than 1500 medals. While it's not 100% that every 5 medals will create 1 Crocea, that's still around 30 BILLION gil. Conservatively. That's just one guy. There are dozens.
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 11-16-2019 at 11:14 PM.

Player
    Just because some person you don't like has a lot of them does not mean they duped them and if you say otherwise you need to prove it.
    (0)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast