Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Okhryeny
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    first gonna point out that if you rolled back the server 2 years would have a worse impact on the game then the dupers. asura might last but the low population servers would be effected the worse and many people would just quit then have to redo everything and i do mean everything because everyone would have to clear all of dyna again just to unlock weapons and the job clears and thats just dyna. I mean if you want to destroy ffxi just ask em to pull the plug. and i doubt you have done much crafting because you dont make billions on weapons. ive spent 100+ mil and not one +2 was crafted and that was just on necks weapons are worse which is why they cost more
    (1)

Player
    Don't roll the servers back, that's suicide. Just remove the medals. BEFORE they all get used. It's not god damn rocket science.
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    Don't roll the servers back, that's suicide. Just remove the medals. BEFORE they all get used. It's not god damn rocket science.
    If they want to do that they better shut down the servers for a few days and get it all done. Also prorate our service fees for the days they have to shut down the servers to do this.
    (0)

Holy...what a mess. Yeah, I'm skipping resubbing this year, maybe things will be better in 2020. See you all again around May-June.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Holy...what a mess. Yeah, I'm skipping resubbing this year, maybe things will be better in 2020. See you all again around May-June.
    Idkby, but I'm not letting a little cheating controversy stop me from enjoying the game. I know I don't cheat for an economic advantage and I can simply not associate with anyone who does.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    What are you even talking about, there is no mess at all. It's being overblown by a few people.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    What are you even talking about, there is no mess at all. It's being overblown by a few people.
    There are still thousands of duplicated items (beastmen/kindred medals, riftcinder/riftdross) STILL stored on mules from people who took advantage of the exploit on Aurix (???, D-8) and the Delivery Crate in Ru'Lude Gardens.
    (1)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Lmao my concern isn't even on those medals.

It's on the items generated and monopolized by crafting with them.
    Aka

1. Dupe Medal
    2. Turn in for mats
    3. Synth SU5, necks, etc
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Will all of those easily created items that people are now wearing disappear? Will the user be banned for buying something created with a duped material? Or are those gonna be untouched (preferable)?

<
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    There are still thousands of duplicated items (beastmen/kindred medals, riftcinder/riftdross) STILL stored on mules from people who took advantage of the exploit on Aurix (???, D-8) and the Delivery Crate in Ru'Lude Gardens.
    a) you don't know that at all, you're assuming

b) who cares? Every time they have a double drop campaign they dupe items legit and the economy handles that just fine. Prices drop and recover over the next months, medals will be the same.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithlas View Post
    Lmao my concern isn't even on those medals.

It's on the items generated and monopolized by crafting with them.
    Aka

1. Dupe Medal
    2. Turn in for mats
    3. Synth SU5, necks, etc
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Will all of those easily created items that people are now wearing disappear? Will the user be banned for buying something created with a duped material? Or are those gonna be untouched (preferable)?

<
    The people who bought them still had to buy them, dupe or not. Makes no difference to them.

The people who abused it (only 40-50 people actually could do this) to get better gear themselves with no cost were banned or are getting to the point they quit faster, self damage.
    (2)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast