Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Regarding the Request for a Gold Trophy

If possible, we’d like to create a final stage for Chocobo Racing, but we haven’t had the time or resources and the idea keeps getting pushed back.
    We’re hoping to implement it at some point in the future, so we ask you to please wait until then.
    (2)
    FINALFANTASY XI Producer/Director Yoji Fujito

Regarding Scales

If we made scales shareable account-wide, there will be players who want them for secondary characters, or those who don’t need them right now but want more for later.
    This may result in a situation where those who actually want them right now would be unable to obtain them.
    It would also allow players to simply create one powerful character with the necessary equipment to make scales easier to obtain for the rest of their characters.
    Since this is relevant to the final stage of artifact enhancement, and we’d like to maintain a difficulty appropriate for capabilities, we currently aren’t considering making scales shareable account-wide.
    (2)

Player
    Um, if that's the problem with BST, how about SMN? I edited your post for SMN. It's identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    At this point, SMN was capable of battling with almost no risk to themselves.

Player skill was not involved in this version of SMN, since no matter what attacks enemies had, they could be defeated by endlessly sending out powerful pets.
    This was even more effective in parties with multiple SMNs, which created some extreme cases where pets did all the fighting and players didn’t battle at all.
    Battles were streamlined into a monotonous process, and enemy mechanics became meaningless.
    Oh. And, adjust Final Heaven. K thanks.

You do really need to slap some sense into the designer. BST commands REALLY need some amount of range increase, not to keep them "danger free" but to make them functional. There is a LARGE area between where commands used to work and where they work now. It doesn't have to be either or, you've got 19 yalms to play with. There is no safety difference between 1 yalm and 8 yalms. There are times you can literally be standing on top of your pet and the commands will fail to activate, in what world is that acceptable.
    (8)
    Last edited by Mikah; 12-05-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    If the delivery box is loaded with 8x gil can we PLEASE get a take all button. It's just an unnecessary step to click 8 times.

Not concerned about SPEED, but BUTTON PRESSES. Confirming. every. single. time. is. excessive. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money.

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Thank you for the large number of feedback responses.
    We understand that there are many requests to increase the range of beastmaster abilities, such as Ready.
    However, upon careful discussion with the Lead Job Designer, we have decided that the range of these abilities will not be adjusted.

▼ Beastmaster is designed as a frontline job.
    I’d like to provide a brief history of beastmaster from a developer perspective.
    Some points may greatly differ from player opinion, but please give it a read.

The original concept of beastmaster was a frontline job based around Charming monsters to turn the tide of battle.
    The process of Charming would sometimes result in direct combat with the monster, so beastmaster was given the equipment and damage output to thrive until they succeeded in gaining control over a monster.

As time went on, Battlefield content became the main focus of the game.
    This was difficult to enjoy as a beastmaster as many BFs do not feature monsters that can be Charmed.
    Our solution was the addition of Call Beast and broth items, which allowed players to call out monsters as obedient pets.
    These pets always obeyed commands, providing a sort of consumable battle resource for beastmaster and stabilized the state of the job.
    Things were good up until this point.

▼ Balance Issues caused by Pet Adjustments
    As stronger enemies were introduced over time, it became apparent that beastmaster and their pets weren’t keeping up.
    Unlike other jobs, pet-based jobs had to be balanced around both the player character and pet, which in turn made it difficult to implement powerful new equipment or pets.

In order to resolve this situation, we made major changes in the very first version update in 2015.
    Monsters were now able to participate in skillchains and magic burst, making them an overwhelmingly powerful source of damage.
    While this method required some preparation, the changes allowed beastmaster to easily catch up and deal high damage more effectively than any other job.

Ultimately, this allowed beastmaster to issue commands from a safe distance, while pets that were far stronger than the beastmaster themselves would continuously fire off powerful abilities.
    Pets also had decent survivability, and even if they were defeated, they could be called out again at full power after a five minute cooldown.
    At this point, beastmaster was capable of battling with almost no risk to themselves.

Player skill was not involved in this version of beastmaster, since no matter what attacks enemies had, they could be defeated by endlessly sending out powerful pets.
    This was even more effective in parties with multiple beastmasters, which created some extreme cases where pets did all the fighting and players didn’t battle at all.
    Battles were streamlined into a monotonous process, and enemy mechanics became meaningless.

▼ Corrective Measures and the Future
    To address this, we kept beastmaster’s strength while making sure its equipment and traits were used to fulfill a frontline role, and shortened the range of commands to bring back a sense of risk to the job.
    While these adjustments lowered beastmaster’s capabilities, it was compensated for with the continued implementation of various meals and equipment, and that brings us to today.

With this history in mind, we don’t have plans to alter the job’s design as a frontline role and would like this source of damage to be accompanied by some risk.

As we’ve often mentioned, these job adjustments aren’t final, and we’ll continue making adjustments to improve its frontline capabilities.

This is a terrible response. Terrible.

Summoner avatars can skillchain. From a safe distance. And do powerful abilities, stronger than beastmaster while under the effects of Astral Flow and Astral Conduit. Their pets don't have a recast cooldown and are totally disposable. And parties of summoners can take down powerful enemies faster than a balanced party, trivializing Reisenjima HELMs and Warder of Courage.

The logic of this does not follow. Not at all.

The result of your design decisions for beastmaster is that we can't be easily used in fights where summoner and puppetmaster flourish, like the new Odin high-tier battlefield, or any of the many Ambuscade fights where SMN can burst it down from distance. And we do not have strong melee damage, either. We do less melee damage with the master than support jobs like corsair or bard.

Please rethink beastmaster's current design. It is not working in the current game environment.

Some points may greatly differ from player opinion, but please give it a read.
    What I just said is not player opinion. It's fact. Stacking Astral Flow and Astral Conduit, summoners can outdamage beastmaster, safely from a distance, and the effect is that fights which should be challenging are trivialized. So that's balanced, and beastmaster doing a lesser version of the same thing is imbalanced?
    (12)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    To address this, we kept beastmaster’s strength while making sure its equipment and traits were used to fulfill a frontline role, and shortened the range of commands to bring back a sense of risk to the job.
    While these adjustments lowered beastmaster’s capabilities, it was compensated for with the continued implementation of various meals and equipment, and that brings us to today.

With this history in mind, we don’t have plans to alter the job’s design as a frontline role and would like this source of damage to be accompanied by some risk.

As we’ve often mentioned, these job adjustments aren’t final, and we’ll continue making adjustments to improve its frontline capabilities.
    You guys continue to miss the point. This isn't about whether beastmaster is a front line job or not. It's about the fact that your changes intended to force BST to play on the front line actually hinders players that ALREADY ARE on the front line. You can modestly increase the range of pet commands to a value between what it used to be and what it is now to reduce frustration without allowing the player to performe actions completely safely. Since the BST hast to literally almost be standing on top of their pet to issue commands, if you're not willing you may as well just get rid of the pet entirely and move all its features into the player.

I understand that Summoner was designed to be played at range while BST was not. However, BST was never substantially more powerful than summoner as a provider of safe damage, especially in that capacity. BST has a cooldown to call a new pet while SMN does not.

There are many potential ways for you to promote your vision of the job without making it so immensely frustrating for the player. Instead of limiting command range, why not add a trait which enhances the power of both master and pet when they are close to each other? This would make battling alongside the pet preferable for higher DPS without essentially physically chaining the player to the pet monster.

Playing BST in its current state feels a bit like playing the NES Classic Edition with those controller wires that are too short.
    (11)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-05-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    (That said, unless you're a really bizarre player like me, SMN doesn't have the survivability to be anywhere near a dangerous foe, so they have every right and need to be doing DPS from afar under normal circumstances, so please make BST great again, but not at SMN's expense <3 )

Next thing you know, the Fun Police are going to give summoner pet commands a MINIMUM range so I can't do solo darkness with my own pet using Clausturm. It isn't really better than the way most people summoner but knowing SE I half expect them to dump on my playstyle just for the sake of doing so....
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-05-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    A BST pet is not stronger than a SMN's pet. A BST at distance are not using their axes. So, if your argument is "A BST master has higher damage potential than the SMN master," you are correct. However, A BST standing a mile away eating popcorn are not using his/her damage potential, because they are not DDing.

So, the BST standing back are weaker than a SMN because they are not using their axes. Thus, changing BST ready range was null & void.

Therefore, forcing people to be at close range is null & void. If BST pets had higher dd potential than a SMN's pet, you would have a point. However, that is not the case.

& I am a guy whom got into an argument with nearly everyone in the BST community, You can check the BST section for proof. As a close range BST, this aint it chief....
    (2)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Oh, & you still didn't answer why you constantly release duplicate jugs.
    (4)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    We understand that there are many requests to increase the range of beastmaster abilities, such as Ready.
    However, upon careful discussion with the Lead Job Designer, we have decided that the range of these abilities will not be adjusted.
    "Not final"?!...but Beastmasters have waited almost 4 years for an adjustment! To receive duplicate pets is very insulting!
    (6)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Dear Director Yoji Fujito,
    Thank you for providing a detailed response on the current status of Beastmaster. You have made it clear that for better or worse, Beastmaster simply is not a development priority and over the past 3 years, have made no new frontline capabilities or otherwise meaningful adjustments to the Beastmaster job. Similarly, adding new jug pets with only cosmetic differences and calling it a "job adjustment" is dishonest and dubious. It serves as an unfair disservice to the players with whom, Square-Enix has built a relationship with over the past 18 years. The sporadic updates and lack of meaningful change to the Beastmaster job have left me with no other choice but to retire. Due to limited inventory constraints, I have decided to remove Beastmaster-specific items from my inventory. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

(25)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 12-06-2019 at 04:03 AM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast