Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomCanadian View Post
    If you had not called the new pets a BST job update, maybe people would have received it better... Please try taking an actual look at the job abilities and problems with the class and address them. Its a bummer seeing DRG get more powerful while BST languishes.

This update is just inv -2
    I agree

Even then though, their wording still fails, because the jugs are not "New" perse lol. It is just really bad.
    (6)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

BST Update

I am very disappointed in the BST update. At a minimum the BST pets should have had superior stats to any existing pet, not inferior. BST has really been trampled on ever since the distance nerf. While other pet jobs like PUP have indestructible tanks from any distance (and excellent DDs too), along with SMNs zerg potential. There does not seem to be any logic to the BST treatment by Square Enix. I know it is not a popular job for the Japanese players, but it was quite popular for others before the nerf. I sincerely hope this issue is addressed.
    (9)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've only recently started playing as Beastmaster, but I was really excited when I saw BST was next for updates. Seeing it was just new pets earlier this month was pretty disappointing. Finally seeing that it's just recycled pets that are somehow worse than the originals is really concerning. I'm very disappointed with this update.

I was really hoping you'd fix some of the stuff about BST that's broken.
    • BST still has to use a level 75 pair of trousers and a level 89 axe to reduce Ready recast time. This is absurd!
    • The range nerf is still unacceptable. Even ignoring that it's unacceptable, the pet commands still just don't work sometimes.
    • Charm, Tame, Gauge and Sic are essentially unusable - and Charm is one of Beastmaster's iconic abilities.
    Depending on pre-99 gear for something so game-changing and essential as -10 to Ready recast is insane. These absolutely need to be job traits or Gifts that don't stack with the existing gear. I know that in the past, SE representatives have asked us to make the choice between the -5 Ready on the axe and being competent in melee - this is absolutely, utterly absurd. We didn't have to make this choice when the axe was new - why do we have to make it now? Why is such a fundamental aspect of the job considered a "choice"?

I get that you want us to be in melee range with our pets. I want that too, most of the time - given the choice, I will be. But sometimes it's not safe. Sometimes I can't. Other pet jobs don't have this penalty. Why do we? If you want us to be in melee, give us the ability to do it safely, not by forcing it through insane penalties. You also mention that you "designed BST to be in melee range", but I see almost no evidence of this. What about all those levels in the past when the only option for us was to charm mobs and pit them against one another? Meleeing solo was incredibly unsafe then, but there was no comment on that. Why is this suddenly a thing? I have to be honest - I don't believe it.

Charming monsters when I was levelling up was the most fun I've ever had on BST. It was an absolute blast. Now it's basically worthless. Charming monsters is hard because Charm doesn't scale well. Because combat has changed so much, charmed monsters can't hit anything or do any damage. Jugs are more powerful - we have no reason to Charm. Gauge doesn't even work properly anymore. Sic moves are atrociously underpowered. I'm not saying ditch jugs and go full on Charm - jugs are good, jugs are fun, jugs are necessary. I just want to be able to choose.

This is a list of things that are BROKEN for Beastmasters. I'm not even asking for an update - I'm asking you to give BST back things that have been taken away from it over time. I'd be satisfied with that - not impressed, but satisfied. Just.

Please, if you do anything, start with the following:
    • New job trait "Ferocity" with tiers at levels 75 and 90 reduce Sic and Ready recast by 5 seconds.
    • Sic and Ready recast delay removed from all other equipment.
    • Fully revert the job ability distance changes or, failing that, at least increase the distance. Some actual justification for this would be nice too.
    • Do something to make Charm worth using again. Don't change it completely into something else - charming is great conceptually, charming was great fun levelling up. I desperately want to use it. Be creative!
    Please do NOT:
    • Try to "fix" BST with new pets. New pets are nice (if they're actually new!), but they are NOT a fix.
    • Outdate our current pets with new ones and call it an adjustment. Add options - I love choice, not a rolling Best Pet For This Year.
    Even with that said, these are just critical fixes. I think it's reasonable to expect broken aspects of jobs to be fixed as a matter of course. An actual update - "adjustments" in the vein advertised for this Year of Job Adjustments - should be something new or interesting.

Oh, and could you also do something about the Pet Poultice? Its regen effect is really weak - it has almost literally no effect whatsoever.
    (9)

Character
    Hohito
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Sublimation

I was relieved at the update to Scholar's Sublimation. It was a welcome change. I might need to try out Beastmaster again also to see about the new pets that lower the enemy's accuracy.
    (0)
    Hohito
    Windurst/Shiva
    JOB MASTER SMN Su2 PLD DRK BRD NIN

Character
    Ferthe
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Not sure if there is a better place to bring this up, but was the reward for accruing 290 deeds via the monthly ROE supposed to be a voucher for the base ambuscade weapon? That seems like a really mediocre reward for this many deeds.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    -> @ Ferth it's a fantastic supplemental progression as everything is cumulative the way that the "Total hallmarks" functions for ambuscade. No deed totals are ever consumed. This encourages players to try out a new job that they haven't before or allows new/returning players a somewhat accelerated journey, for at least a single job choice, modest assistance towards acquiring minimum itemization requirements for starter tier ilvl battles.
    (0)

Character
    Ferthe
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    -> @ Ferth it's a fantastic supplemental progression as everything is cumulative the way that the "Total hallmarks" functions for ambuscade. No deed totals are ever consumed. This encourages players to try out a new job that they haven't before or allows new/returning players a somewhat accelerated journey, for at least a single job choice, modest assistance towards acquiring minimum itemization requirements for starter tier ilvl battles.
    I understand how deeds work. But the reward for accruing 170 is a pulse weapon, which I would assume almost everyone uses to actually finish an ambuscade weapon, and the tiers for artifact deeds consistently get better the more you accrue. Ambuscade weapon vouchers are ridiculously easy to acquire so having to spend 9 months to get one via deeds seems mismatched.
    (0)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Meh, I just grow tired of them treating this like a F2P mmo.

They don't want to do any real updates, Monstrosity, jobs, RMT (Which I am willing to give them a slight pass on), etc. I feel like, if you release content & jobs, you should constantly update it. I understand that the Rhapsodies was the finale, but the updates have been lazily implemented. These few jobs which have been "Updated" are simply the latest example.

I feel like the effort is not there with this game. It is in maintenance mode. The only problem is, you are charging people a monthly fee, but not putting in the work. I am playing until this free campaign is over, then I am jumping on Pokemon.

(Hence is why I was not posting recently until November 8th......If you get my drift).
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    At least it turns out one of the pets sucking was a bug... so it hopefully it isn't crappier than the previously existing pet now lol
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    At least it turns out one of the pets sucking was a bug... so it hopefully it isn't crappier than the previously existing pet now lol
    No, it's still marginal improvement over the original and hardly a job adjustment. Beastmaster, as a job, has broken mechanics, mis-matched job abilities, irrelevant job traits and mediocre 119 pets. Nothing about the current state of Beastmaster makes any sense. This is very worrisome.

Edit: Providing a link to show the output of /checkparam which indicates that the HQ pet had it's HP modifier fixed, but all other stats appear to be identical: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/4...um/74/#3467953

TLDR: Mediocre re-skinned jug pets are not a job adjustment.
    (3)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 11-17-2019 at 05:59 AM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast