Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Seish View Post
    But what I hear coming out of this, is that your backline strategy was impacted.
    Pretty much..

That is why the heat against me is very....... personal.......lol.....

I have nothing against them really, nor the devs. I just want to see effort from the devs regarding the job. That is all....
    (2)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They're just trying to fix an issue that exists. It impacts some players, but case in point. I was in Reisemenja and I remember getting a ton of CP with my friend using the grasshopper to AOE kill mobs. To lv, they need to be in the front lines putting him in danger. What other people need to remember is that front lines doesn't necessarily equate to fighting. But it does put you in the danger. Now I remember BSTs fighting in retail and I completely think that they have in the past and they could now and be enhanced in the future. But what I am happy is it seems SE is finally taking a stance on this game and is ready to finally make it a bit challenging.
    (1)
    Last edited by Seish; 12-08-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My issue predominantly was and is people who were already duoing with their pet having their quality of life compromised by needing to stick to their pets like glue instead of being able to stand on opposite sides of the mob or even just a short distance apart. The people already playing SE's way have had their experience degraded by SE's attempt to punish pet kiting.
    (2)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    And I think we are all on the same page. The way they did it impacted the people who weren't abusing it is sad. I don't think SE will reverse their decision on trying to let the master play from afar without some risk being associated. But something needs to give so they can be more enhanced near their pet. Like idk a trait to enhance their axe dmg if they are close to their pet. Or a defense trait or hell, give the pet a cover trait to cover them? There's so many ways they could do this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Seish; 12-08-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seish View Post
    And I think we are all on the same page. The way they did it impacted the people who weren't abusing it pretty badly. I don't think SE will reverse their decision on trying to let the master play from afar without some risk being associated. But they need to enhance them if they are going to be with their pets somehow.
    While I have qualms with them trying to force a playstyle in the manner in which they did (especially considering other jobs' alternative play styles eventually were embraced by SE after becoming mainstream) it would not have recieved the same kind of backlash that it did had they gone the route of making melee DPS generally superior. BST needs tools to excel there which it currently doesn't have. If they did something that made people say "Wow, BST is an awesome melee fighter", people would only pet kite or play like a ranged if they had no choice, and it probably would have been left alone. Instead we get a heavy-handed, bludgeon-with-a-sledgehammer type of solution that hits a lot of things that shouldn't have been affected. I guess that's classic SE, like with WS like penta thrust pre-TP nerf, RNG post-range scaling nerf, etc. (crap, that's another thing they could have done, scale pet command effectiveness based on range...)
    (4)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-09-2019 at 04:49 AM.

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You would think they would figure those things out before taking the more drastic route.
    (1)

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    They ended BST burns 4 years ago, but in the process they destroyed the entire beastmaster job, and their explanation for why is entirely clueless.
    (5)

Character
    Ilisidi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    If possible, we’d like to create a final stage for Chocobo Racing, but we haven’t had the time or resources and the idea keeps getting pushed back.
    We’re hoping to implement it at some point in the future, so we ask you to please wait until then.
    Thank you that answer.
    It's good to know that it hasn't fall under the table and there is interest in doing it once there's a reasonable chance.
    I like the Chocobo Racing quest line.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilisidi View Post
    Thank you that answer.
    It's good to know that it hasn't fall under the table and there is interest in doing it once there's a reasonable chance.
    I like the Chocobo Racing quest line.
    And 10 years later after they finally do that, maybe we can get a monstrosity update.
    (5)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiyyah View Post
    They ended BST burns 4 years ago, but in the process they destroyed the entire beastmaster job, and their explanation for why is entirely clueless.
    They had a clue, and their response shows it. But it had unintended consequences. When you have a BST player explain they understood their actions, you can't say they didn't have a clue. They went about it the wrong way. Everyone on the forums, regardless your stance on their rational or not, agrees unanimously that they went too far. It's about time they listened to suggestions.
    (4)

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast