Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seish View Post
    Tell that to the people who have asked and brought it up before me and the growth of private servers. Now you are speaking of how you personally feel about it. But SE needs to bring people in. That is the remedy for the problem.
    Nothing is going to get people who already play on privates to start paying for the official release again.
    I consider CoP classic, because that's when I started playing with game getting released in the EU game, that's where the game was at.
    Well the NA release was Zilart and the JP release was the base game. Therein lies the problem.
    (0)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Nothing is going to get people who already play on privates to start paying for the official release again.

Well the NA release was Zilart and the JP release was the base game. Therein lies the problem.
    I know a ton that play on private servers and they said they would if SE made it. And if a C&D was sent to these servers, people would have no other option but to. Which as I stated before is SE's right. As to your second point, I agree with you. But that is why the community should discuss what we should consider classic. The classic we commonly call it is known to those that play private servers as "Era". Era includes the base game all the way to ToAU--which is all content up til the end of 2005. Do we go with Era, or do we go to the base game itself? Those directions are honestly up to the community but it's worth floating around. But if SE played its cards right, people will come if those servers started to shut down and if a classic has been provided.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seish; 11-24-2019 at 02:53 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Typral View Post
    You're advocating for automation, that is against the rules actually. With the keyboard thing.
    What he is describing is a common feature in 3rd party controllers known as "Auto-Fire". No, using something like that which can only spam a single button/key is not against the rules.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    The discussion about "Classic" and "Private" servers really does not belong here.
    It also needs to die in general as a discussion topic.

In the hopes of killing it, I'll just point out that a few years ago, the devs went on record during a live event that there will never be "Classic" servers, so the entire argument is moot. (Due to legal/licensing reasons I believe, so this qualifies as a "can't" rather than "won't" issue even if the company wanted to do so.) In the same event, they also said that FFXI will never go F2P, that they won't/can't accept crowdfunding for FFXI, and that there won't/can't be any ports to new hardware platforms. It doesn't matter how hard you plead, or how pinpointed your desired content specs are, or anything else that you want to try to use to justify your desire, if it is a literal impossibility.

@Seish: If I were you, I'd be careful about any "Private" server discussion on the official forums in general beyond condemning the practice. It is straight-up stealing both IP and revenue from the company after all.

@DevTeam: Can we please get a response to this thread? I want to have reassurance that this is not all that you are planning for BST, and to stop feeling disgusted and insulted that you were hoping to get away with counting the addition of two types of ammo as a "job adjustment". If you are simply not sure about what adjustments the job actually needs or that players want, might I suggest opening a thread officially requesting player feedback for ideas? Most of the vocal BSTs in the community are very reasonable people and would be overjoyed at the opportunity to provide reasonable feedback for improvements that won't damage game balance. ^^
    (4)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 11-24-2019 at 03:51 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I am only bringing it up for the sake of what SE has to face going forward as a challenge for the game. I have even offered remedies to handle that and it is plain as day I am not condoning any sort of piracy. So your attempt to derail something that is going on and accusing me of supporting private server play is nefarious and is trying to derail the merit in the discussion. Now I see that you want a single player game. Are you aware how much money that would cost? Where would they start with? The UI, the mechanics, the engine. What quests to keep and gut? There's a lot there that they need to figure out, as this game is MASSIVE.

And SE said a lot of things they would never do and reversed their decision. The Limit Point system was supposed to kill any need to raise the cap to 99. But here we are. They mentioned Abby was the last main content, but we get SoA. And revisiting the classic, and restressing my point, is that there's a market and there's a need. SE can take swift action to control these pirate servers and create a classic server. But let's not think of hypotheticals. In the Blizzard community, they actually discuss in detail the difference between the two and why going to WOW Classic is better leading up to the release of the reboot. They discouraged private downloads, like I am, and explained the merits of playing a rebooted game with the support of Blizzard. The players have asked in our community, and I think it's fair to have the discussion.

So rather than accuse me of condoning piracy, please look carefully how I said SE should send a C&D. That is legal term for Cease and Decist. It's an action warning a party that company A will go after a person if the Organization B doesn't cease their actions. That is me condemning it completely and there's no way to twist it.

Edit: Nice including @devteam after my post. I'm glad we moved away from accusing people of falsehoods.

@Devteam I have explained the warrant for my initial post and I defend it as being, though a tangent, related and hope that any feedback would be seen and considered as this topic has been brought out countless times.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seish; 11-24-2019 at 03:58 AM.

Player
    @Seish: Not one word of your last post has anything to do with the November 2019 update, so it has no place being in this thread. I also did not accuse you of anything, other than posting about an irrelevant topic to the thread, which also happens to be a dangerous topic on these forums to be discussing as a general rule, unless you are actively trying to get yourself banned from here. ^^;;

Back on topic, are there any SCH-main players who have any feedback about what they gave to /SCH? XD I don't really play the job, so I'm not that familiar with what would work as "good" adjustments and can't give any feedback beyond laughing at how /SCH benefits far more than SCH/ from the changes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 11-24-2019 at 04:05 AM.

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I did explain in my first post on this thread why it mattered, but your kind words are noted.

In that post, I said the following:

"I mention it on here, because it's related to the updates in general. Their hard work, and posting a video for us to see, is coming a long way to when the dev team was closed and barely told us what was going on. I think going forward, the game can grow. Please look into my suggestion."

As this was an update with respect to BST, while expressing how I felt about how many in the community felt about gameplay with Bst in "Era" and seeing I had a comment about gameplay in general, the post is at worst, a tangent but related. I didn't break a rule. Unless of course condemning it is wrong, which I highly doubt. But when you have Ninja play in Nasomi, who is a paid game influencer and sponsored by several gaming companies and merchants, it's hard NOT to say that it's a thing. Pretending it isn't is wrong, but encouraging SE taking swift legal action is absolutely correct. That's what I did.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seish; 11-24-2019 at 06:02 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Back on topic, are there any SCH-main players who have any feedback about what they gave to /SCH? XD I don't really play the job, so I'm not that familiar with what would work as "good" adjustments and can't give any feedback beyond laughing at how /SCH benefits far more than SCH/ from the changes.
    My alt is a mastered SCH with its most expensive and well-geared equipment designed mainly for healing. I'd say this adjustment didn't help much even Sublimation helps more and you can use it as /SCH though.

I'd love to see SCH to get either Cure V or make Regen V duration longer with Perpetuance. Since SCH has more nuking spells from the Job Point system and everyone prefers SMN instead of BLM (weird right?). I'd probably drop it and go with WHM instead since everyone prefers WHM for healing. Therefore, multi-boxing with both GEO and SCH does a magic work. What I know SCH is only good for when they need SCH in order to MB (like in Omen). Just want something what SCH is good for.
    (0)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's a versatile job and is very difficult to enhance it too much without making it OP. A lot of jobs are having this issue honestly and is why I pointed in a previous thread that SE should point us to where they are taking the game. It seems a LOT of jobs are at this point it feels like.

Knowing that, would that change your mind? How would you enhance it without it intruding too much into what other jobs currently do?
    (0)
    Last edited by Seish; 11-24-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seish View Post
    It's a versatile job and is very difficult to enhance it too much without making it OP. A lot of jobs are having this issue honestly and is why I pointed in a previous thread that SE should point us to where they are taking the game. It seems a LOT of jobs are at this point it feels like.

Knowing that, would that change your mind? How would you enhance it without it intruding too much into what other jobs currently do?
    Currently, I am fine the way SCH is for now. It has its limited stratagem (5 charges) for using both accession and perpetuance (Regen V + Indi-Refresh FTW). It's just not as good as WHM, a reason is if you use Cure IV too much it builds more hate than Cure V can do. Cure V is not compatible with accession because SCH doesn't have that spell. What else can make it better? I don't know. This adjustments just gives /SCH more love while main SCH is happy with Sublimation improved so I don't need any Refresh. While SCH only has Cure that up to tier 4, I use my other GEO to balance healing enmity.
    (1)

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast