Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    The range was not game-breaking perse. No idea why they felt the need to change it. Took them a decade to realize that? I think not...

Now, giving the pets JAs & Magic pending their job. I do think this may be somewhat OP. The crabs would probably be able to tank bosses, and DRK monsters are nasty with SE. Then again, I came back from a 2015 break. So I have no idea what type of numbers DD are putting up now and days. Maybe it wouldn't be OP...

I feel like they may end up doing a BST re-haul soon. I say that because they continue to shoot themselves in the foot. If the pets were new & powerful, it would have calmed the crowd. To release reskins as people are asking for adjustments & not pets simply put gasoline on the fire. I mean, you were asking for a revolt at that point.

Lets all be rational for a moment, what did they think was going to happen as people were asking for no new pets, but you go ahead & release pets that are not new nor powerful.......lol....
    (0)

Character
    Coffeegood
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

VOIDWATCH DOESNT EXIST

Why make an event then remove the voidwatch portals? Please add them back, thought we would enjoy our day off today by playing the game and doing Voidwatch event.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeegood View Post
    Why make an event then remove the voidwatch portals? Please add them back, thought we would enjoy our day off today by playing the game and doing Voidwatch event.
    Because there is an exploit present. If they put them back they will have to ban more people. It's funny isn't it.

And a bump for adjusting Final Heaven. No I haven't and we haven't forgotten.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeegood View Post
    There is an exploit present which some people were absuing to make stupid amounts of money and/or complete mythic weapons. It needed to be done to provide some semblance of security.
    (0)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Hello,

I don't talk much on here but I want to give my two cents. First off, to the developers I have to say I feel your effort and heart in the game. As someone that has played since 2003, I have seen the evolution of it. It has been clear to me, that the Final Fantasy development team is finally listening to the fans. I hope that the game can continue so that others can feel the hard work put into it like I have. But while I give praise, I may make a suggestion at the same time. Currently, WOW has gone back in a surge since they launched "Wow Classic". Many players love the old challenge of Final Fantasy XI and I believe you would see a huge surge of people returning if a "Final Fantasy XI Classic" is brought back. As many in our community know, there are private servers of Final Fantasy XI out there--with Nasomi and Eden being the most Notable. Some of these servers have a population of roughly about the same as servers in Retail.

Several people have gone there because they miss the old FFXI and many said they would return to FFXI if there was a classic mode. I am happy in Carbuncle, but I know a lot of people are looking at this. And honestly, seeing how these private servers are operating, it makes sense to look into a classic FFXI. Now I am not saying to play in these private servers, as honestly it's better--and more stable--to play in Retail but I listed the example as a case in point. Maybe even tweak some small parts here and there with a scalable level sync, slightly easier crafting and fishing, augment HNM claims, but something that captures the essence of FFXI back in 2002. As WOW has proven, it's not graphics that makes a game, but gameplay. And the hardcore gamers are only looking for that challenge. I am not saying to shut down the current servers. Those should exist as long as Final Fantasy XI is supported. But I do think that to help restore the game, a modified Final Fantasy Classic would be a good idea to attract both new and older players alike. I feel the effort the Team put into it and all I want is that same feeling to be felt by other players.

I mention it on here, because it's related to the updates in general. Their hard work, and posting a video for us to see, is coming a long way to when the dev team was closed and barely told us what was going on. I think going forward, the game can grow. Please look into my suggestion.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    "classic mode" or "classic servers" will never happen, and there's a few reasons for that-

-Unlike some games that have done this, there is not a lot of agreement among players suggesting it as to when "classic" is. WoW Classic goes all the way back to before the first expansion, i.e. completely vanilla. It also won't go past that, so it's going to be completely stagnant once it reaches the last update before BC. here in FFXI, some ppl want to go back to TOAU, some people want to go back to just before abyssea came out (citing it as the thing that killed the game), some people want to go back to CoP, etc. Although nobody really wants to go back to FFXIV 1.0, which is actually before the North American release, and before a lot of spells and things that we've depended on since we started playing game along. There'd also be no NIN/SAM/DRG (SMN probably not, but it isn't actually a Rise of the Zilart job, even though it was released with the RoZ pre-patch). WoW Classic will only be populated until it stops receiving updates- They aren't developing new content, and it will not go past the day before Burning Crusade. Once people do all there is to do, they'll go back to standard or find another game to play.

- The devs are running on a skeleton crew, and I don't think they'd convince SE to let them expand the team for a project like this. There's no way they'd be able to do it without halting development on the current game, which has its share of players enjoying it and it wouldn't be fair to stop updates for them to create a classic server. They just don't have the resources that the WoW devs have.

- Doing so would fracture the community.

- The number of people who would actually pay to play it, given that it wouldn't get updates, is probably not high enough to be worth the development cost and effort. It would not be surprising to me if they have in fact done a CBA (cost-benefit analysis) on this already.

- A lot of the people who want this already play on private servers and since they're playing the game for free, there is little chance they would want to pay to play an official version.

- This isn't a confirmed fact, but I had read that in the early days, SE wasn't keeping every build of the game in an archive, and in fact they might not be able to bring it back even if they want to as a result.

- Oh, and Playonline probably can't handle it. It's a source of a lot of problems for the game (i.e. not being able to seperate the game from PoL itself, net rate/packet size, etc). POL imposes some significant limits on the game itself and being that it holds the system that manages characters and subs and stuff, this could get in the way.

Besides that, do you really want to give up the useful conveniences we have today, like mounting almost anywhere, teleporting between home points, and such? There's also already been a massive discussion about this in a thread specifically on the subject- if you want to discuss it further, post in that threat, as much as it pains me to suggest bumping it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-23-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Character
    Ilisidi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd rather have a fully single player version than classic.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Also I considered coming back to WoW for Classic, but when I found out I couldn't use my old character from that point in time I didn't feel like grinding the levels out again lol.

And I'm not gonna lie, I'd have a similar feeling about a classic server for FFXI. I don't really want to go back to needing 6 real people in a party to gain any significant EXP on a special server that will undoubtedly have a lower population than any given server did back in the day. You'd basically be forced to only play the few most popular jobs if you wanted to make any progress at all.

Even in the current gsme, I'd rather play with others where I can, but I have the option to use Trust if I don't want to wait / nobody wants to invite me.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hello.

I think would be nice if we have FFXIV's quick synthesis in FFXI like /lastsynth [number 1-99] so you can enjoy some coffee while your character is crafting. People can feel tired of crafting the same thing over and over for the shield without an addon.

Thanks!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    you can just do that with one of those newfangled gaming keyboard things.
    (0)

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast