Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This was done to stop BST from behaving just like SMN behaves right now. SMN also needs a nerf but to astral conduit, a major nerf even though its already way overdue. BST needs things to compete with other DD jobs but additions to the master primarily. BST was not meant to be a backline job spamming JA's like SMN, SE was very clear about this and it is their game and their vision.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Typral View Post
    This was done to stop BST from behaving just like SMN behaves right now. SMN also needs a nerf but to astral conduit, a major nerf even though its already way overdue. BST needs things to compete with other DD jobs but additions to the master primarily. BST was not meant to be a backline job spamming JA's like SMN, SE was very clear about this and it is their game and their vision.

You realize SE changed their opinion on Beastmaster's back-line abilities, 13 years after inception, right? They should have changed Aeonic/Gaes Fete content not Besstmaster job. If you remember, this is why Super-Revitalizer was nerfed to exclude 2-hours. Not a very SUPER item, huh?

The whole thing just wreaks of zero planning or a lack of foresight. I hope SE gives Beastmaster the offensive capability it deserves and the pet's the pragmatism they've always had.
    (0)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    You can name-drop any items you want with respect to Beastmaster, it doesn't mean you understand the mechanics of the job or what's currently wrong with the Beastmaster job. You named items that don't even enhance the pet's stats, but somehow it's "a powerhouse...for the pets dmg". Really? If you re-read what you wrote, do you honestly believe your own argument? Just to re-iterate: You effectively posted "word/item salad". Thank you for your contribution. I'm grateful to have conversations with other Beastmasters in a 17-year old game, in 2019, but your feedback is neither constructive, actionable or based on any factual merit.

For the 1,000th time: This is not a "fighting with pet" or "BSTs should stay back" issue. SE made this the focal point with their 7-yalm restriction and it's blind-siding the player base from the real issue.

The focal point of the Beastmaster conversation is that the mechanics imposed upon us for the Beastmaster job, are applied inconsistently in their current form. Period. End of story.

To make matters worse, you cannot execute Ready/Fight consistently depending on the size of your character, pet or enemy. You have no armor, gear, job abilities, traits or gifts to re-inforce their assertion that we must play as "front-line DDs". Beastmaster has nothing to compensate being forced into a 7-yalm restriction. If you're lucky enough to have 5/5 Lilith Armor, you can survive a bit longer....Great.....but you sacrifice pet stats when doing so. Let's not forget that only CORs can buff pets, not trusts, Geomancer bubbles, Bard songs OR ANY ARMOR SET BONUSES.

The job abilities Charm/Gauge/Tame are effectively useless in I-Level content. Beastmaster's shield skill caps at 300 and has no native dual wield. To maximize our Pet's DPS we have to use a non-ILVL axe and must set our TP to zero every 10 seconds. I guarantee this is purely by accident as SE couldn't have foreseen this situation when the Beastmaster distance nerf was introduced. We need an I-Level item with Ready recast -5, perhaps on a Beastmaster REMA and not Abyssea's weak weapons.

Come on my dude...Open your eyes. Bring a Beastmaster to Dynamis Divergence and see how your Pet behaves when a Statue stomps on everyone, you won't get Fight or Ready or Reward to activate to save your life. When your pet chances direction, you won't even be able to run to your pet, satisfy the 7-yalm timer to get one of those abilities to land.

Edit: I want to point out that you are entitled to your opinion and I appreciate your taking the time to share it, but I strongly believe that there is nothing bout the Beastmaster job TODAY that provides a sustainable play style (regardless of distance, pet size, where-ever you choose to stand, whatever subjob you choose, etc etc). IT. IS. BROKEN.....and being given the same pets as job adjustment is like "being given your own shirt back as a birthday present" ....Come on now.
    I am glad that you respect it and if you read carefully, I did outline builds in which people used to backline BST. Though, that aside I did say that with the way Dual Wield worked prior to the Dual Wield nerf. It was the fastest way for a BST to get TP was dual wielding the man eater and juggy. I never mentioned the pet dmg being enhanced. But rather the TP dmg output from the player was insane back then.

But I do think that if you want my opinion as to how to fix it, BST have some nice killer effects if I recall correctly. Instead of looking at this from a pet/charm perspective, why doesn't the team give them abilities to enhance a party with killer effects and protections against specific monster class types? They are called "Beast Master" and I think the name transcends the way that BST is played. If they are a sort of master of the Beasts, they should be able to mitigate dmg of specific mobs. IDK how that would play out, perhaps a Dev would have to chime in but I think that would make them a support job while having the pet do dmg. And if people want to front line, why not fix the problem by giving certain dual wielding weapons--or ANY weapon for that matter--a buff specifically for bst that remedies the problem? IDK but those are two ideas that I had.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seish; 11-25-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    yea no, its an ultimate ability, its supposed to be powerful. Honestly its a shame enemies don't have the newer 1hours. But too many of htem are just not as gamechanging as they should be. Buff the crappy ones instead.
    (0)

Character
    Okhryeny
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    yea no, its an ultimate ability, its supposed to be powerful. Honestly its a shame enemies don't have the newer 1hours. But too many of htem are just not as gamechanging as they should be. Buff the crappy ones instead.
    so beating schah in 30 secs is alright? Granted the limited content that has come out hasn't been smn friendly but the fact you can build an aeonic in a day or 2 just throwing smns on everything is broken. Kinda like bst was before they reduced the distance.....
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okhryeny View Post
    so beating schah in 30 secs is alright? Granted the limited content that has come out hasn't been smn friendly but the fact you can build an aeonic in a day or 2 just throwing smns on everything is broken. Kinda like bst was before they reduced the distance.....
    well seems like you have to have the best stuff. I don't think I can beat any current content in 30s lol. Of course I don't even play SMN in a typical fashion.... But frankly, I think if the SMN can avoid dying in that 30 seconds to a normally difficult content then they've probably earned it.

Let me put it this way, I've seen black mages magic bursting Death for 99999 damage and casting other spells for well over what I can do with regularity, and they don't need 1-hours to do that, so I don't have a problem with an ability that lets me do several times my usual damage once per hour.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-26-2019 at 02:49 AM.

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Of course you don't, because you are benefitting from it. From a game perspective its BROKEN. Conduit needs a heavy nerf because it is worse than Alexander zergs and look at what they did to that.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Of course you don't, because you are benefitting from it. From a game perspective its BROKEN. Conduit needs a heavy nerf because it is worse than Alexander zergs and look at what they did to that.
    Except I'm not really benefitting from it. I don't have what you need to do that and I couldn't really be [blank]d to, being too busy optimizing t hings nobody else even cares about.

And I just listed off a bunch of things that are just as if not more broken. How about nigh invulnerable tank puppets? weapon skills that do tens of thousands with half the effort that SMN needs to be its best?

There's too many broken things in the game. Either nerf all of them, or buff the other ones to be better. Don't single out SMN when you know full well there are plenty of other stupid powerful things in the game that can be done more than once an hour.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-26-2019 at 07:02 AM.

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    "As we’ve mentioned before, the development team has no plans to change the range at which beastmasters can use commands. As Matsui previously stated, we want beastmasters to be close range battle jobs and bear the risk of taking damage in the front line. This change was made, because players were using beastmaster to attack from the back line, and this was against what the development team had intended for beastmaster.

It was never about the player, but as Grekumah stated, what they devs want (Imagine running a business that is not about they paying customers....). Anyone remember that pet poll, were they asked for the BST community input, then proceeded to do what they wanted?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post212722

Another example, their reasoning for not adding the better Adoulin pets was that their size & attacks would make it difficult to add them in various areas. Then they added a pygmy Mantid to areas outside SoA, when they wanted to........

Grekumah stated they would continue to add a VARIETY of jug pets, but they never did. Pretty much did what they wanted...

More recently, they changed the Ready range, because they wanted to. No real reason at all, because it remained unchanged for over a decade.

At this point, I don't buy anything they are telling us, because everything they say contradicts what they previously stated. In the past, a crown above a BST topic got me excited, because a dev response was something special. Now, it means nothing at all. It is all contractions that rile up the community with anger.

They changed the Ready distance because they wanted to. Nothing to do with mechanics, or pet functionality because it was left that way for since FFXI was released.

They don't add new pets because they don't want to. It has NOTHING to do with size, moves, or abilities. They said "We can't add SoA mobs due to their size & abilities to other areas" but they went ahead and did it anyway...

Boosting BST through pets is doable

Boosting BST through adjustments is doable.

The issue is, they won't.

BST does not feel like a true pet class, compared to other MMO such as GW2 & Warcraft were the pet class has a 'Variety" of creatures to choose from. Not 6 different colors of the same pet. That last update was shameful. It was a slap in the face because adding new pets isn't necessarily an update, and the pets were not even new.

Since this thread is about new pets, I would like to ask the devs to release some NEW pets. If you feel that amends do not need to be made with the BST community pertaining to that last update, there is no empathy, thus no hope for BST.

If the development team intended BST to perform a certain way, give BST the tools to do so. You cannot tell someone to build a house, but give them rubber toy tools. You must to meet us halfway. This can't always be about what you guys want, because with all due respect, I doubt "You guys" actually play BST nor pay BST monthly fees.

The people who pay, should have a say...
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I agree with beastorizer's post here, as well. I'm very disappointed that Siren was announced for Summoners in August, a brand new avatar! ....but Beastmaster's get re-skinned pets with no unique traits whatsoever. It's so sad and very unfair to the Beastmaster community as a whole. (And yes, I play both of those jobs....so very sad!).
    (4)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast