Player

Locked behind free play?

Why give us free play during return campaign but lock our bags? As a veteran player that would like to catch up on the game during this time and see if it worth playing, i cant access any of my good gear because its locked behind the bags you have to pay for during subscription.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The terms of the return campaign are pretty clear, I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

The mog wardrobe 3&4 were added primarily for hardcore veterans who wanted to support the game. I'm not sure who would buy into those and quit, and then not be sure if the game was worth playing later. (Side opinion: it's just as worth it as when that feature was introduced, in my opinion.)

The free login campaign doesn't cover anything extra, just your characters. If you want to come back, then come back and reactivate them. You shouldn't put anything in those bags if you are concerned about not being able to access them later- The terms for the mog wardrobe 3 & 4 service are just as clear about how they work. If you knew you were going to unsubscribe, you should have removed your items from those bags beforehand.

(And as another aside, most average players really don't need them. I play half a dozen or so jobs on a regular basis and I'm making do well enough with the bags available to everyone, I've felt no need to get the 3rd/4th bags)

Terms are important- make sure to read them.
    Taken from the mog wardrobe 3 & 4 page:

The only thing the free login campaign does is temporarily reactivate your content IDs. It doesn't reactivate anything else.

Based on the above, should you ever choose to utilize the extra bags again, make sure to remove items from them if you decide to cancel.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying they shouldn't reactivate mog wardrobe 3/4s that were active at the time of unsubbing for free campaigns. I'm only saying that nowhere in the campaign info did they promise this or specifically mention mog wardrobe 3 or 4 at all.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-09-2019 at 07:20 AM.

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    At the very least would be nice giving the circumstances cause we the people... Do forget and make mistakes, letting us remove those items from wardrobes 3 & 4 and not put them or anything back in wardrobes 3 & 4.

[edit: "and" Not just for free week(s), for when we're subscribed as well.]
    (2)
    Last edited by Krashport; 11-09-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The terms of the return campaign are pretty clear, I'm not sure what you're complaining about.
    'nuff said.
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Deltafoxz
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The goal for the free play is to give you just enough so that you return to paying the monthly fee and become a regular player again. It's pretty simple to understand. You don't "need" all your good gear to experience the updates and stuff you missed since the last free play months ago.
    (0)

Character
    Shakey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I returned just last week after MANY years of not playing. LOTS of learning to do, and some of the WIKI pages were poorly written, but was able to figure it out. I'm currently working on getting my RDM to lvl 50; then going back and lvling my SMN. Hope to get to 99 within a day or so.
    (2)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Dude I just came back and it feels good.
    (3)