Player

Playing Alternate WoTG Stories - How?

First, I know that you can switch between the three city story lines early on by signing with a second city thereby abandoning the one you selected first, but have never done so and so don't know what needs to be done.

What I don't know is if this can be done once you've completed the entire expansion story. I finished WoTG having done the Windurst story, can I now re-start with one of the others?

If so, can someone please give me a pointer to what I have to do to reset the story.

Thanks.
    (0)

Player
    You don't do anything special, you just do the quests for the other cities. When you start the questline for bastok or sandoria your allegiance will change automatically.

You don't need to repeat any of the missions, only the quests.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

As far as I remember, one doesn't need to actually change allegiance at all (skip the very first quest).
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    My thanks to you both, now I can go see what Bastok contributed to the war effort.
    (0)

Player
    One final post in case anyone in the future looks into this .. as both posters above said, all you need to do is talk to the NPC of the nation whose story you want to play, eg. Adelbrecht for Bastok, just like you did for the first nation you joined after starting the WoTG story for the first time; you join that nation's war effort in the WoTG story but your allegiance in the overall game isn't changed.
    (0)

Character
    Uraphe
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 55
    I know it's been a while, but I want to clarify this further for anyone who stumbles upon this thread:

Actually, you don't even have to talk to the nation's starting NPC. You can if you'd like to change your allegiance - for example, you can talk to Adelbrecht to start the Bastok initiation quest and officially join Bastok in the Shadowreign era (which doesn't change your allegiance in the present-day). However, once you've done the initiation quest of any nation (The Fighting Fourth, Steamed Rams, or Snake on the Plains), you can jump straight into the Wings of the Goddes storyline for any other nation. I joined San d'Oria, and I haven't changed my allegiance, but I've been doing the quests for San d'Oria, Bastok, and Windurst simultaneously.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by remy5623 View Post
    I know it's been a while, but I want to clarify this further for anyone who stumbles upon this thread:

Actually, you don't even have to talk to the nation's starting NPC. You can if you'd like to change your allegiance - for example, you can talk to Adelbrecht to start the Bastok initiation quest and officially join Bastok in the Shadowreign era (which doesn't change your allegiance in the present-day). However, once you've done the initiation quest of any nation (The Fighting Fourth, Steamed Rams, or Snake on the Plains), you can jump straight into the Wings of the Goddes storyline for any other nation. I joined San d'Oria, and I haven't changed my allegiance, but I've been doing the quests for San d'Oria, Bastok, and Windurst simultaneously.
    Thank you so much for this clarification. It's helpful for those us looking for stuff to do, at this point in the game!
    (0)