Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Krokov
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I understand I'll get the e-mails and read them cause I'll see emails I missed that are supposed to go to my regular e-mail gallons but for whatever reason they don't. The tough thing is only see in the plain text in the e-mail even after acknowledging the HTML but you'll it could only see the plane text and so most the email isn't there but I'll still usually read them so if not at least the title.
    (0)

Character
    Vista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    There are (weird?) people like me who mainly deal with plain text e-mail. Most of my mail tends to deal with open-source software development though, which probably isn't normal mail for a lot of other people.

As for mail that is not sent in plain text form, I force html display off for them (actually did not even enable the functionality at build-time for my main e-mail client).

If a mail doesn't display anything when viewed in plain text form, it's usually mail I'm not interested in. :]

Quite useful indeed, especially back when it was not possible to log into PlayOnline without an active subscription. At least as far as I remember, that used to not be possible. Don't know if it was a conscious choice, or a kind of a by-product from switching to SqEX Account Management (the status of the content IDs seem to be checked after hitting 'Play').

I'd guess the main security issue here is non-maintenance. No one is looking, and that's not good for these kinds of things. For example the community site links: I'm almost certain there are more than a few spammy sites linked to there now, as domains have changed owners and so on.
    What email client do you use? I am quite curious. Also do you know what exact protocol POL mail uses? I have been unsuccessful in the past trying to get it to work with my Thunderbird client.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xel View Post
    What email client do you use? I am quite curious. Also do you know what exact protocol POL mail uses? I have been unsuccessful in the past trying to get it to work with my Thunderbird client.
    Mainly Claws Mail at this time (Thunderbird is getting increasingly annoying to me). No idea how good the non-Linux builds are though.

As for the POP, all it should require is...

Server for Receiving: po000.pol.com (port 110)

For secure authentication use 'APOP'. Seems to mean 'Encrypted Password' in Thunderbird.

Server for Sending: ma000.pol.com

Sending I don't have working currently. I think I did in the past, but I'm not entirely sure now...

Edit:

Looks like sending requires pretending to be in PlayOnline... sort of, so I'd probably not go for that. ^^;
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 11-18-2019 at 03:10 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Vista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Mainly Claws Mail at this time (Thunderbird is getting increasingly annoying to me). No idea how good the non-Linux builds are though.

As for the POP, all it should require is...

Server for Receiving: po000.pol.com (port 110)

For secure authentication use 'APOP'. Seems to mean 'Encrypted Password' in Thunderbird.

Server for Sending: ma000.pol.com

Sending I don't have working currently. I think I did in the past, but I'm not entirely sure now...

Edit:

Looks like sending requires pretending to be in PlayOnline... sort of, so I'd probably not go for that. ^^;
    Thanks for the info friend!
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2