Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Gil reward bounties for finding bugs in game

SE I suggest you offer gil reward bounties for those that find bugs in game. Since we are the ones doing the work for you, pointing out errors.

Would be incentive to help improve the game.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't think paying players to find bugs is a good idea. It shouldn't fall to us in the first place. So doing so is a concession that they aren't doing enough, and the same effort spent on implementing such a system could be better put towards fixing some other bug or issue.
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's not our job to find bugs yes but since WE play the game we will more likely encounter bugs that SE didn't know or think about. That's exactly why companies IE google have a reward bounty program that pays people that report bugs that are confirmed. It gives people incentive to report the bugs rather an EXPLOIT them.
    (0)

Player
    It would have to be a LOT of gil to get anyone to care. half the people can't post here. and the bugs that do get posted largely go ignored.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Gil is a very poor choice for such an incentive. Fashionable cosmetic items, monthly subscription credit, wardrobe credits, additional character credits... maybe something else super creative... BUT ABSOLUTELY NOT gil.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't know any other game that directly compensates players for finding bugs. It's a reality of software development. No matter how good a job and how much effort you put in, bugs will always exist.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Like I pointed out google does pay real money for people to report bugs. Yes google isn't a game but it's related to their software, if vulnerabilities exist they pay up to 31k for severe bugs.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I can absolutely be on board with Square Enix offering out incentives for different levels of bug reporting and even whistle blowing as it concerns ToS. Those incentives should not interface or interfere with a specific character within an itemization/currency/reward boons or any proposition that would adjust any facet of a character's wealth or capability to participate in modern content. Ethical and extensively more preferable ways of compensating and awarding a FFXI subscriber for their efforts to improve the quality, stability and sustainability of FFXI would be with credits given towards additional character slots on accounts, monthly account subscription, wardrobe subscription, free world transfer service and/or purely cosmetic fashionable weapon/armor skins compatible with /lockstyle interface.
    (0)