Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I just made a new thread specifically for suggestions on adjusting enhancing magic spell http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...892#post620892
    (0)

2. 08-01-2020 11:01 PM

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I didn't read any of this thread, but I really think SCH Mythic should give SCH one extra stratagem or Some % time (seconds) off of stratagem recast time.

Similarly SCH mythic should unlock an extra tier of enhancing buffs for spells that benefit from Enhancing Skill (like Regen, Tabula Rasa, etc). I'm sure SE can come up with something similar for Dark Arts actions that SCH uses.
    (2)

Character
    Fleshrender
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i was wondering if the devs have any plans to buff scholar. its no secret its probably one of the least played jobs at the moment along with blm for a reason.
    the focus on melee burn strategies is saddening given the lore of your game where magic is powerful and has shaped the world in the past an present.
    mage dps needs to be reworked sooner rather than later. while blm isnt weak by any means it still suffered with the focus on melee burn strategies. not as much a scholar mind you.

scholar needs access to more higher tier spells in all schools of magic examples are.
    -cure iv sch should have access too cure v. given its the only other job capable of healing and spamming cure iv will get you killed so its really bad having that as their highest tier cure.
    -elemental magic sch should have access to ancient magics for debuffing and teir 6 elemental also the damage cap should be lifted on helix spells and there is no reason for rdm and geo to be on the ea attire set while sch was left in the cold. if you want to make the argument of sch is a support job then why are dd bards a thing and corsairs running around hitting max damage laden salutes? also blm should be one of maybe 2 job able to break the damage cap along side ranger. but ill leave that alone for now.
    - enfeebling sch should get access to at least 2nd tier spells such as frazzle II distract II etc. why should rdm get access to highest tier enf spells and buffs and tie sch on elemental as well it makes no sense.
    - enhancing rdm has access to highest tier enhancing spells aside from Regen v that is laughable.
    and the su5 and rema weapon choices are a joke tupsimati is a cheap knock off of the blm weapon which might have been fine at the time but where blm can full time their staff now sch cant cause we lose 10 magic burst bonus that we need to optimize our magic burst set and the su5 musa is a 150 million gil Regen piece super sad at least look into the start required so you can make decent augment paths.

just my opinion based on the fact sch should be able to fit any role while not totally outdoing a whm or blm for example in a pinch not just Regen cure bot. and if you dont agree why did we get a dark and a light grimoire?
    (1)

Character
    Ionno
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Couple things that I think would make sch better coupled with the suggestions that the folks have previously mentioned:

1. Lower Adloquium spell usage to level 44. It's not even a powerful spell and would be cool if jobs subbing /sch could use it. I'm Dragoon / Scholar right now, love this combo. It gives 600TP in 3 minutes, that's not a remotely useful at higher levels, but would be kind of good if subjobs could do that, as that would be basically be a slow burning meditate.

2. Add Adloquium II and place it where Adloquium I currently is(88). So Adloquium I(44) and Adloquium II(88), so sch gets to keep its uniqueness by being able to do it.

3. Any reason why Addendum: White doesn't get access to Repose? It's just the white magic version of sleep, would be nice to have that even duality. Thought that was the point of sch.

4. Probably not going to happen, but man, if /sch could get access to 3 stratagems instead of 2. This would be the best subjob in the game period, I love this sub as drg/sch.

5. Give sch a weaponskill accuracy spell or with klimaform add weaponskil accuracy if performing same elemental type weaponskill.
    (1)

Character
    Darkcloudx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Scholar should have some way to give themselves the full benifits weather without needing to use the obi by now I mean its one of their signature spell lines

Klimaform II 100jp
    Increases the magic accuracy for spells of the same element as the current weather and grants full benifits of weather bonuses

Edit: You know it would actually be better if the storm II line itself granted full benifits of weather on its own.
    (0)
    Last edited by waithuhwhat; 05-16-2022 at 07:54 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2