Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MPKing lives

Player

MPKing lives

People are MPKing other players in Escha - Zi'Tah, Escha - Ru'Aun and Reisenjima. They are attacking the boss from behind causing it to spam Spike fail every other second. Killing other players.
    I don't know the reason Maybe just being jerks?
    Maybe to get make sure they get a higher rank and better rewards during the fight? I mean if your re-summoning your trust you aren't really doing anything else. and if you die and have to home point you lose your progress. ( Side note( sarcasm) thanks for not having a Home point in these zone...)
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I guess people miss being able to do that to people from the old days or something....
    (0)

Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I don't think there is any kind of MPK intention on those actions. The reason why people are forcing Spike Flail is because when you gather 5 or 6 people with Selh'teus out and force a Spike Flail, because trusts in Domain Invasion affect players outside the party people get constant heals and incredibily fast TP, not to even mention Selh'teus will be waking up everyone even outside party, so killing the dragon becomes very fast, sometimes less than one minute.

The reason why you are dying is probably because you are missing some vorseals, or because you are using the wrong trusts. Keep in mind vorseals have a very high impact in escha areas, it is not as big as atmas in abyssea but I assure you if you get a decent amount of vorseals you won't be dying to Spike Flail.

My suggestion is that you try to fight the dragon at different times of the day when there is not many people using the Spike Flail strategy at least until you can get enough vorseals to survive.

Good luck!
    (3)

Player
    Well.. That's ... just... ***king selfish.
    If your on a mage job.. constant spike fail will kill you and your trusts.
    !! If your actions are resulting in other players deaths and you know what you are doing(causing spike fails).. it's MPK'ing its really that simple.!!
    How about they come back later when the other players are gone... how about that.

READ it: (source: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/manner03.html)

Disruptive Behavior
    ***Any action that deliberately causes a monster to attack another player character, or MPK-related action.***
    Holding a Notorious Monster without attacking it while other players are waiting.
    Deliberately interrupting a conversation or chat session by spamming the log window or other such actions.
    Sending unwanted items to another player through the delivery box.
    Group actions that block access and impede other players' movements within the game.
    Any action that keeps another player from completing a quest or mission.
    Examining other players continuously to disrupt their gameplay.
    ***Actions that excessively deprive others of the ability to experience various gameplay features.***
    ****Any other action that is determined by a GM to cause a disruption in gameplay.***
    Advertising for “power leveling” or behavior that helps facilitate such activity.
    (0)
    Last edited by Divinechild; 10-15-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    No matter you are on a mage or melee job, Spike Flail shouldn't be killing you, in fact, mage jobs usually have higher magic evasion.

When you participate in Geas Fete or Domain Invasion you need to remember your vorseals affect your trusts just like they affect you. If you are surviving Spike Flail but your trusts aren't you will need more vorseals.

If you are dying to Spike Flail I hate to say it but you are not ready for that content level. If you are doing Quetzalcoatl for the mages neck, you should consider the one from Tenzen as an alternative until you are ready for the battle. If you are doing it for aeonics, I hate to say it but some Geas Fete NMs will be much harder that Quetzalcoatl so you may want to equip yourself better.

I think pretending everyone to adapt their battle style just for you is a bit selfish, but again, you could go at times these people are not fighting it.
    (2)

Player
    This isnt a debate. I posted it here in hopes for someone in SE to see it.

And FYI, just for you.. i can fight those mobs solo. When ppl arent doing stupid shit.
    (0)

Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    As far as I understand you are complaining about MPK actions but the actions you describe are not violating the Playonline agreement and are not MPK at all so while I hope you can get an answer from SE's side, its most likely not going to go against these players that are just playing their style. However, if you are really having issues with these players I would recommend you to make a post to the STF.

I can solo these NMs too pretty easy careless I stand behind or on a side, I still think if you can solo without Spike Flail but you cannot with Spike Flail you are missing some gear or vorseals. In any case, it's up to players how they handle content and they shouldn't be penalized if intention isnt bad, so unless they are intentionally fighting that way when you are there and fighting on the side when you are not I don't see any reason why SE should take care of them as there is no MPK intention.
    (1)

Player
    They aren't doing it on purpose, they just don't know any better.

These kinds of mobs should not have spike flail in the first place.
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    if you cant survive a spike flail you shouldnt be doing dom. invasion
    (1)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Player
    looks like the devs may agree with me judging by the update announcement today ... time will tell when the update comes out.. whether its a fix to the originally posted item.
    (0)
    Last edited by Divinechild; 12-03-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast