Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Another alternative to pulling mobs too far is to occasionally ping their attention. If they're greater than 300 yalms from the fort, they'll completely drop enmity, get a temporary speed boost, and make their way back. Forcing a tag drop, especially paired with non-aggro status, could result in some unintentionally getting MPKed if they're not aware of the respective ranges. At that point, the proposition is just being a dick in reverse because some are just mad about things now.

Anyway, Campaign also needs some more incentives for people level 76+. Could be new gear sets like a +1 Teal/Perle/Aurore at 85, items you could buy for magian trials like Twilight/Daybreak Souls, and so on. I still think we should be able to learn the various campaign WS, but not all types are covered and some would require some nerfing in player-hands (AoE Doom, for example...). I would love having Uriel Blade on my RDM in Abyssea, as it would make an exceptional AoE farming WS that could be further boosted by atma you might typically expect on them.
    (2)

Player
    The general's aren't impossible to kill... I've soloed a bunch of them on bst before. I'm sure other jobs can solo them too.
    (0)

Character
    Zyeriis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Well I would assume, going too far from the battle while under a confrontation status, would, on top of losing your tags/performance exp, would make the mob de-aggro you and go back to attack the fort. I'm not sure where the MPK thing comes from though... Campaign mobs don't attack people who don't have tags, unless attacked first so, I'm a bit confused here, care to elaborate?

As for pinging their attention should the enemy go too far from the battle, that sounds more like confrontation status. The radius would be more than large enough to not overstep the bounds (there would be text warnings like there is with any confrontation status, like SCNMs). There would still be plenty of room to pull mobs away from the npcs, without the risk of losing your tags, just not be able to take the mob a mile away.

I agree on the weaponskills, they need to be learnable, though nerfed slightly for outside use. Rather than +1 teal/aurore/perle armor, there should be ways to upgrade campaign armor that is already present such as the Iron Ram set for PLD(and other jobs) as well as the accessories. Like the ability to shift some stats from "campaign only" to full-time or latent stats via +1 versions. Not fully move them mind you, as they would be OP but still, give some campaign related magian trials (i will add a new additions section for this to the solutions/suggestions in a bit, once i sort it out in my head).
    (1)

Dropping Enmity after a certain point isn't a bad idea. But it wouldn't solve the "Get Tags > run through zone aggro free" aspect if they did introduce the "Confrontation Status". Which i would hope they do. because nothing says "Woo Fun" like a Dragon face-raping you from nowhere :X

Though, If not, the Enmity drop after ~150 yalms would be better. thats still within eyeshot of the Fort.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What I meant was if, say you were in Xarc, and had pulled something away from a pack of mobs. Where you ran to then put amongst a bunch of imps, demons, gigas, or whatever that wouldn't aggro you while you had tags. If by some chance the battle ended or you out-range the mob's leash, stripping you of tags would suddenly put you in aggro status for the local critters, likely resulting in a death and EXP loss, more if a raise isn't possible. The fact you can at least be aggro'd now maintains some sense of situational awareness, but the more ideal solution would be to just make sure there are no aggressive mobs within a certain range of the forts while forcing respawns on those that might be trained in.
    (0)

Character
    Zyeriis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    The removal of aggro mobs from a general radius of campaign battle is what I had in mind rather than making us immune to outside aggro with tags. The confrontation status radius could be the radius that there are no aggroing mobs in. They generally just need to remove the aggro mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    SE did mention previously that there would be adjustments not sure what as per ussual they don't release too much information normally until the last second. This seems to be changing slowly so maybe they will jump in on this to let us know what they have in store
    (1)

Character
    Krisan
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I love what's being said here, and I agree wholeheartedly with it. Campaign was a really cool idea, but even when it was still new it had its problems.. Now with the way the state of things in the game are now, all of those problems make the entire thing pretty much pointless. I hate seeing content go to waste, especially in this case.

Oh, and of everything here.. I feel I should echo out a cry for Throne Room [S] and Fiat Lux. It's remarkably sad how impossible those are now to control, and I would love nothing more than to participate in the fight for those zones again someday..
    (0)

Character
    Zyeriis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Edit/Additions #3

1) Allied Notes (Courtesy of Seriha)
    -It doesn't really need be said that Allied Notes are practically worthless these days. The armor you could get at the time, back when Campaign armors were released were quite good (especially the Iron Ram Hauberk set). Now? They're not worth the effort nor the time, and quite frankly, are useless to a level 90. This needs to be addressed.

How do we fix this? Well the most obvious way is to set things up with the current trend of the game: Magian trials. I, personally, would prefer a different way, but whatever gets the job done, gets the job done. There should be a way to get +1 versions of these pieces of gear. Have it involve new drops from campaign spoils on top of other adjustments that have been suggested in this thread. Or have it deal with other statistics in campaign such as enemy kills (this may be difficult though) or defeating enemy generals (doesn't have to be your kill, you just need to be present with allied tags when it dies). You could even tie it to campaign ops if you wanted (so long as they got some type of revamp, making them easier/quicker to start, and from more locations.)

Other solutions? Simply add tier 2 armors and equiment to Allied Notes exchange for these armor sets (or upgrade items).

You could also add upgrade items to SCNMs and SNMs to breathe some life back into other WotG content (Magian trial upgrades or otherwise).

2) Campaign Weapon Skills (Courtesy of Seriha)
    -Unlike other weaponskills like trial weapons and nyzul weapons, we cannot actually learn these weaponskills. This makes little to no sense. Why can't I use Uriel Blade unless I have a specific sword? It's a weapon skill not a weapon ability. I do not particularly care about how this done but, nevertheless, it needs to be done. Otherwise, the time spent creating these weaponskills, was wasted on something that was barely used to begin with. After the horrible weaponskills we got with the rise in level cap/skill cap (i'm looking at you tachi: ageha!), we could use some good non-magian trial weapon/relic weapon skills to learn. Campaign weapon skills is a good place to start.

You can even tie this into the previous solution/problem regarding Allied Notes, by first releasing more weapons (for every job) via Allied Notes/Campaign and then allowing these weapon skills to be unlocked full time for every weapon through some way or another in WotG. Make these weaponskills proc-possible in abyssea and people will be clamoring to do campaign again to get them.
    (3)
    Last edited by Zyeriis; 04-18-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Character
    Neika
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Wow there are a ton of good ideas in this thread! I too used to enjoy Campaigne, and am sad that there is now really no point for players to do it. Even something as simple as adding skill ups would be awesome! Hopefully a rep will see this and pass on all these amazing ideas to the developers and we can all start enjoying Campaigne again!
    (0)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast