Character
    Geoprime
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 24

As a new player looking to level is it better to quest or grind?

I know the game has changed a lot since it released.

But as a new player, is questing really efficient? I've learned such that back in the day you had to quest for items to progress, like maps, materials, etc... and a lot of that has since gone away to make this much more approachable.

I am trying to see the content for everything FF11 has to offer. Love the FF series and this was the one game I could never get into until now.

And if I am to quest which areas should I focus on questing? (loaded question I am sure)
    (0)

Player
    Questing is extremely inefficient. You only want to do a select few quests/missions before you 99.

This'll help
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide
    (0)

Character
    Geoprime
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    Questing is extremely inefficient. You only want to do a select few quests/missions before you 99.

This'll help
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide
    Thank you.

I have been using that link at least as I switch from monk to warrior.

My plan was always Monk to 25. Swap to warrior to 50. Then swap to DNK to 99. Then go BLU to revisit the world.

I am sure there will be hiccups and wrinkles in that plan. Heard big hurdles are limit breaks.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I mean don't get me wrong, if you enjoy questing and want to explore the world and lore, most quests can be worth doing from that angle. But for the sake of gameplay not getting in the way you're really better off just leveling up and doing only essential quests when available rather than doing every quest you come across. Once you max level a job, then start exploring.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Alot of areas have access gains associated with storyline/adventuring, so be sure to gain access to as many areas as possible.
    (0)

Character
    Geoprime
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 24
    While I have your guys attention; these log in points, anything worth it to a newbie this month?

Last month I grabbed a few trusts. This month don't see anything that could be useful
    (0)

Player
    Nothing of real use this month, if nothing else you should grab a savory shank for a shot at a Dring
    (0)