Character
    Bilbo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 66

BST bots

Hey hey guys,

So I finally hit 90 and headed on out to Ceziak to bash on some mandies. I found the first camp taken and, I'm not a person to just set up and start taking kills so I moved on.

The next camp was taken, and the next and the next. All good, off to Yahse with me. I saw all the camps were gone and strangely enough EVERYONE was a 99 BST/DNC with a Randy tiger (pun intended). Odd, must be popular. Then I noticed the speed hacks. Zipping around faster than my mount. Oh boy, I have no time for cheats so I set up camp anyways. This particular guy would hack through walls, zipping past kill everything and take off only to come back on the redrawn. Quite annoying.

I reported it yet, I was told again to go to their website to report it which btw SE, the SSL certificate is out of date according to my browser. I realised something. This was the same guy from months ago when I leveled my THF who I reported both to a GM and the website.

I did a search of the area. All BST with their Randy tigers. About 12 of them. 8 had the same last 3 letters of the guy near me. Obviously the same person. Why hasn't he been taken out?

While this isn't about money, I pay more than most to play ffxi. SE some how considers Australia as part of Europe so, I have to pay in euros totally $44AUD per month which, is a lot of money. In comparison WOW is $16AUD per month and FFXIV IS $8AUD per month for just 1 character. In paying so much and being a sub game I would expect action against these players.

I wanted to ask the community what it's like on their server? I'm on Odin and RMT spam is very minimal yet, these BST hacks are plentiful.

Does anyone actually know what they are doing? Is it CP farm to sell the toon? I thought perhaps they are farming items but, I can't see anything the mandies drop that is valuable. Perhaps Bayld farming?

At the end of the day, I'm paying for this game which I enjoy greatly yet, these chumps are really ruining the fun.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Recommendations I can think of:

As far as Odin goes, i can't say for certain where the cheaters priority is, but i can say that you can adventure to other areas especially the higher level character you have. Using Records of Eminence access Escha-Zi'tah + Escha-Ru'aun + Reisenjima.
    Use this link to adventure to areas that are not associated with SoA expansion but are viable for pre-99 exp and some nice "EX" tagged treasures: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Grounds_of_Valor
    If you're not commited to a social community on Odin, you can transfer to a lower population server or a server less over-run. I believe Odin is like one of two of the major asian servers. One way you can accomplish this is to use the character expansion to create level one characters on different servers to scout them out. Once the mule is placed on a new server, communicate with those that are there and learn weather or not the environment is acceptable.
    At level 90+ if you can coordinate with a handful of other players there's a WotG content activity that rewards respectable exp: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:...s_Battlefields
    If that doesn't produce results, attempt the areas of Dynamis. The Chains of Promanthia "Dreamworld" Dynamis areas generally wouldn't be over-run: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Categoryynamis
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    SE some how considers Australia as part of Europe so
    Well Australia does participate in the Eurovision song contest

Anyway, back to topic.

The BST's you mention are also present on Asura. They seem to go to Cirdas Caverns via the WKR Crystal entrance. They probably think that is the least place players are going to go to.
    They have artificial movement speed and follow the same paths - They then return to Southern San d'oria on a set path to the sparks npc, and then instantly HP back (they just walk up to the crystal and teleport before they have even got to it).

There were around 20 of them. I'm just not going to sit there reporting 20 different characters, when all it needs is one GM to take 5 minutes watching them to see that they are breaking ToS.

Zero of my reports, despite vast details given, have ever been acted upon as I can see them in the same place, doing the same thing 2 years later.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 09-17-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Character
    Bilbo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    Recommendations I can think of:

As far as Odin goes, i can't say for certain where the cheaters priority is, but i can say that you can adventure to other areas especially the higher level character you have. Using Records of Eminence access Escha-Zi'tah + Escha-Ru'aun + Reisenjima.
    Use this link to adventure to areas that are not associated with SoA expansion but are viable for pre-99 exp and some nice "EX" tagged treasures: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Grounds_of_Valor
    If you're not commited to a social community on Odin, you can transfer to a lower population server or a server less over-run. I believe Odin is like one of two of the major asian servers. One way you can accomplish this is to use the character expansion to create level one characters on different servers to scout them out. Once the mule is placed on a new server, communicate with those that are there and learn weather or not the environment is acceptable.
    At level 90+ if you can coordinate with a handful of other players there's a WotG content activity that rewards respectable exp: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:...s_Battlefields
    If that doesn't produce results, attempt the areas of Dynamis. The Chains of Promanthia "Dreamworld" Dynamis areas generally wouldn't be over-run: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Categoryynamis
    My main problem is having access to those areas. I've only got the 3rd rhapsody colour so far so I have a heap of story to get through which I look forward to.

Strangely enough today I logged in and went to Yahse to find all the mandies roaming around free. I did a search and I was the only one there. Either they werent online or SE took some action which if they have a huge thank you to SE!
    (0)

Character
    Bilbo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Well Australia does participate in the Eurovision song contest
    Not if I had my way! Ugh that show... not my cup of tea that's for sure! It's all to do with the PAL region and time before they officially made us oceanic. It's still annoying tho. The US is closer too!

Interesting tho. I guess they spend sparks to buy gear and sell it to forward it to gilsellers? Man I hate cheaters
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Correct, there are intentional storyline / quest / adventuring requirements for access to more desirable areas. The more you access the more you'll benefit from the effort.
    (0)