Player

How are we supposed to react to RMT shouts?

I want a CS agent or Community manager to tell me what we are supposed to do about these RMT shouts.

This is not my image but it shows the problem:

RMT shouts have gone from shouting 3-4 times, then logging out in a panic and deleting the character for fear of GMs...
    To shouting for 10 minutes and doing above.
    To now shouting all day long, every 30 seconds with a chat bot because nothing every happens to them anyway.

What are we supposed to do about this as players?

I used to report these shouts to a GM, the GM gets back to me and does nothing. They tell me to contact the STF.

So I goto the STF website, enter that long stupid name they are using into the STF form and all the details and by the time they read it the shouter has already shouted all day, deleted the character and make a new one.

If a person spams chat saying poop they will be silenced, if a RMT spams every 30 seconds constantly nothing happens because the GM will say it is the STF job.

What do you want us to do? Why can't a GM take action on this when it's so blatantly obvious like this? Just classify it as spam and we will report it to you.

Most of us can live with RMT shouts here and there but as they see nobody is doing anything they are spamming from multiple accounts all day long constantly, it's getting worse and worse as they see they can get away with this.
    (3)

Player
    This absolutely needs to change, and I absolutely want an answer from them as well.

In the mean time, players have created a (something) that blocks specific shouts. I can't post the name (it will get me banned) and I can't really go into details (they'll delete it) if you want the yells to stop, look up Chiaia on ffxiah
    (3)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    what we are supposed to do about these RMT shouts.
    As I have said before, I think the following would be the best idea:

1. A keyword blocker
    2. Extend the /blist capped limit beyond 100.

The issue is, as you have mentioned - They use keyboard smashed names, in the attempt to make it more difficult to report them. They also, delete and just make a new character, and then repeat.

The only viable way I think, is a keyword blocker.
    The extended /blist option more for mind numbing political/troll yells.

The most saddest part of your screenshot though, is that there are no other yells, of any kind. The screenshot would be blank minus the RMT.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 09-16-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    This has been a topic for quite some time. Here's the link.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...MT-yell-frenzy
    (1)

Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    The screenshot you have is bugged, by the way, every shout is listed 4 times.
    (0)