Thread: Oboro issues

Character
    Thayet
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Oboro issues

I have done the prerequisites for Oboro and he will speak to me about weapon choices: thing is I already have a Sandung. I got it from the NNI drop event and I have been trying to upgrade it with the 300 pieces but Oboro keeps asking for the items to build a Sandung. I have tried everything- speaking to him with the item equipped, trading the pieces with and without the dagger, trading the pieces with the dagger equipped and nothing happens.

Is there something I am missing or is this a glitch since I got the dagger drop from NNI and did not actually acquire the items to build a Sandung?
    (0)

Player
    You likely lack the ability to be allowed to augment it.

Augmentation Process

The Key Item:"Scintillating Rhapsody", obtained from the final Rhapsodies of Vana'diel Mission, must be obtained first in order to begin the augmenting process for these items.

To begin, speak with Oboro about the weapons.

You actually need to select the option, "About the weapons" in order to be allowed to augment!!

This requires you to go into the "Show me the List." option, and then select the option "About the Weapons" at the bottom.

Trade the iLevel 119 weapon and either a single Pluton, Riftborn Boulder, or Beitetsu to him to begin the process.

The initial type of stone traded to begin the augment process locks the weapon in to being upgraded only with that type of stone.
    The initial stone is not counted toward augment ranks, but is consumed.

Pluton, Riftborn Boulder, or Beitetsu x299 are required to complete the augment process up to rank 15 augmentation.

Each stone increases augment by 20 rank points.
    All 299 must be of a single type.

The type required matches the stone which the player traded to initially to start the augment process.

Though the item says augment path A, there are no other augment paths possible to take.
    You should drop that sandung anyway. Get rid of that garbage.
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 09-15-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Sandung

This is far from garbage as it serves a purpose in equipment progression as well as in specialized niche equipment sets. Thief attains TH+8 with their natural TH+3 traits and then need to acquire another +5 TH through items. Dependent upon a player, the Sandung has many various uses and value.
    (1)

Player
    The only way that it's far from garbage is that its so much worse than garbage to even call it garbage is an insult to garbage.
    (0)

Character
    Thayet
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thank you much Isola!!! I failed to select last option "About the weapons"- didn't realize that needed to be checked
    (0)

Player
    Happy to help
    (0)