Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Player Isola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    475
    Character
    Cylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Honestly I would prefer they just go ahead and lie about 8-14 cause the last thing I want is people killing everything slower for 1% drop increases.

    More, faster, with 8 is better than less, slow, with 12-14
    (0)

  2. #12
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,770
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    As it stands now, there is some debate on the significance of Treasure Hunter levels 1-4 vs higher values of Treasure Hunter. (People are arguing over where using a party slot of Thief (TH8-12,13,14) is worth the effort or worth taking up a party slot.

    Could you tell us how TH1-4 contributes to the increased drop-rate of an item? Could you compare this to Treasure Hunter levels 8-14? At the very least, if you could tell us if each level of TH is a uniform increase, that would be a huge help.

    My guess: Is each Treasure Hunter level a "roll" at getting a certain item with a %-drop rate to appear in the treasure pool? i.e. TH8 is 8 rolls at item with some-percentage drop-rate to occupy a slot in the treasure pool?

    OR

    Does TH1-4 contribute to an increased change of said item dropping? Does TH8+ further increase those chances, but considerably less than TH1-4?

    Thank you.

    Honestly I would prefer they just go ahead and lie about 8-14 cause the last thing I want is people killing everything slower for 1% drop increases.

    More, faster, with 8 is better than less, slow, with 12-14
    Frankly if TH is the only reason to consider allowing a THF in content, then it better be getting a good balance update soon.

    I'd like to see other people say if THF is really as bad as these people are implying. Or is this purely about slowing down deliberately to proc higher levels of TH?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-31-2019 at 09:32 AM.

  3. #13
    Player Isola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    475
    Character
    Cylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Have you never seen people get totally naked except TH gear and fight KB. I have. They turn a 60 second fight into a 20 minute wtfshow. Ignoring the fact that TH does nothing for Dring, what they're doing is absolutely unacceptable. There is no excuse for that.

    Most of the time, THF is strictly brought for TH. They aren't exceptionally sturdy, or powerful (theyre fine, just not exceptional) and the "enmity master" role they're supposed to have is VERY lacking.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 10-31-2019 at 09:44 AM.

  4. #14
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,770
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    Have you never seen people get totally naked except TH gear and fight KB. I have. They turn a 60 second fight into a 20 minute wtfshow. Ignoring the fact that TH does nothing for Dring, what they're doing is absolutely unacceptable. There is no excuse for that.

    Most of the time, THF is strictly brought for TH. They aren't exceptionally sturdy, or powerful (theyre fine, just not exceptional) and the "enmity master" role they're supposed to have is VERY lacking.
    Your example isn't a very good one- That's just being lazy- it doesn't say anything about THF's actual usefulness (or lack thereof).

    Again though, if that's actually the problem, then it's something that needs to be addressed in a balance update.
    (0)

  5. #15
    Player TrustfundBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    6
    Character
    Superpwny
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    As it stands now, there is some debate on the significance of Treasure Hunter levels 1-4 vs higher values of Treasure Hunter. (People are arguing over where using a party slot of Thief (TH8-12,13,14) is worth the effort or worth taking up a party slot.

    Could you tell us how TH1-4 contributes to the increased drop-rate of an item? Could you compare this to Treasure Hunter levels 8-14? At the very least, if you could tell us if each level of TH is a uniform increase, that would be a huge help.

    My guess: Is each Treasure Hunter level a "roll" at getting a certain item with a %-drop rate to appear in the treasure pool? i.e. TH8 is 8 rolls at item with some-percentage drop-rate to occupy a slot in the treasure pool?

    OR

    Does TH1-4 contribute to an increased change of said item dropping? Does TH8+ further increase those chances, but considerably less than TH1-4?

    Thank you.
    Hi SE, if it's not too much trouble, can you answer Gwydion's question and help us understand the differences between lower and higher levels of Treasure Hunter?
    (0)

  6. #16
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,770
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Wasn't it previously explained that more treasure hunter basically means more rolls for drop slots that aren't fixed?
    (0)

  7. #17
    Player Gwydion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    408
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Wasn't it previously explained that more treasure hunter basically means more rolls for drop slots that aren't fixed?
    Please stop de-railing this thread.
    (0)

  8. #18
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,770
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Please stop de-railing this thread.
    How am I derailing this thread? If anything, trying to accuse me of this and engage me is more of a derail than talking about treasure hunter in a treasure hunter thread. But maybe I'm crazy here.

    Perhaps next time you shouldn't derail a thread by accusing people of derailing threads when they haven't.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-03-2019 at 09:26 AM.

  9. #19
    Player Gwydion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    408
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Bump please. Thanks SE
    (0)

  10. #20
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,770
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Bump please. Thanks SE
    Because "bumping" a thread that's already at the top of a forum section ever did anything.

    Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to complain about what you think its an off topic post (even if it isnt) when you then proceed to make a post yourself that adds nothing to the thread?
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast