Character
    Jkap
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

FFXI and FFXIV subscription

Can we get a discount for playing both games? I'm loving FFXI so much and I just did finished my Windurst missions the other day and leveling whm for red mage main. I just wanted to dabble in some daily trials in FFXIV the other day with my Viera and log out and continue to play FFXI. I would love to support SE with their two MMOs.
    (2)

Character
    Arise
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 56
    they use to do that to my knowledge don't know if they do that anymore.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Such a t hing existed for a period of time during FFXIV 1.x, I do wish they'd consider doing it again, it might entice some people to give FFXI a try again, especially during end-of-patch blues. I don't pay as much for FFXIV because I h ave a legacy account, so I have less of an issue keeping both active, but 2x 12.95 is a bit much for a lot of people to consider. It would be good marketing on SE's part to reinstate that offer and use it to promote their games.
    (2)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    SE brought us Wardrobe 3 and 4 and we pay more like fools who think that would keep FFXI running.

Really, FFXI is very old and doesn't have its own MogStation store. Don't hold your breath. FFXI's fees haven't changed since it released.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    SE brought us Wardrobe 3 and 4 and we pay more like fools who think that would keep FFXI running.

Really, FFXI is very old and doesn't have its own MogStation store. Don't hold your breath. FFXI's fees haven't changed since it released.
    The fact remains, there are a lot of FFXIV players who played FFXI once upon a time. And I'm one of those that still does. I'm not kidding myself into thinking it's going to change anything significantly, but it would be a nice nod to a group of people that's probably already given them a lot of money.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The fact remains, there are a lot of FFXIV players who played FFXI once upon a time. And I'm one of those that still does. I'm not kidding myself into thinking it's going to change anything significantly, but it would be a nice nod to a group of people that's probably already given them a lot of money.
    I can see that point. People have talked about it before and gave up their dreams. The only reason Wardrobe 3 and 4 were implemented to obtain the necessary funds for service continuity. Perhaps, you need to find an idea to improve an optional service (even FFXI doesn't plan to move forward to the microtransaction route). I understand increasing the population is important but if you even ask to low the price then SE would go silent about it.

To clarify your point of that such thing existed during FFXIV 1.xx, that plan was only for lasting three months. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/topics/ffxiv/
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I know what you're getting at but you also have to consider that these such people are also paying out for a game that is making them swaths more money, so it's a hit they can take. It's certainly better for them to get $20 a month from one person than $12.95.

(Okay, unless you're me and you already have a discount on FFXIV for paying to play it while they were remaking the game-I suppose any such proposed discount shouldn't apply to Legacy accounts which already receive a discount)
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I know what you're getting at but you also have to consider that these such people are also paying out for a game that is making them swaths more money, so it's a hit they can take. It's certainly better for them to get $20 a month from one person than $12.95.

(Okay, unless you're me and you already have a discount on FFXIV for paying to play it while they were remaking the game-I suppose any such proposed discount shouldn't apply to Legacy accounts which already receive a discount)
    That's fine. Are you happy with Shiva's population? Asura is still going very strong with 2k+ players and also hits 3k again during a free login campaign. We don't need anymore players even though many new players like the OP still think Asura is a "go to" server now. That's why I personally think the minority still needs to figure out how to get themselves merged.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    That's fine. Are you happy with Shiva's population? Asura is still going very strong with 2k+ players and also hits 3k again during a free login campaign. We don't need anymore players even though many new players like the OP still think Asura is a "go to" server now. That's why I personally think the minority still needs to figure out how to get themselves merged.
    Yes, I'm completely fine with it, and I don't want a merger, actually, nor do most of the people I know. I'll keep my RMT- and botting-light environment. I'd rather have an uncorrupt experience; and I still know many people here. That's one of the perks, getting to know everybody, in my opinion (oh and don't forget short wait times for ambuscade)

I'm not sure why you said that though. I'm not worried about the population of the game- I just think there's an untapped resource SE could be tapping with a little promotion. Marketing has always been one of SE's biggest weaknesses IMO.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-13-2019 at 06:32 PM.