Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    My word. I mean, it's two steps.

LOOK at the price first, it's not rocket science is it?
    CHECK the confirmation box beforehand.

99% of the population manage this.

There are always going to be scammers around, trying to stop them is like trying to stop RMT.
    My word, you can add a hundred confirmation boxes and people will still screw it up.

What you're trying to tell me is, "if you click through a confirmation, well sucks to be you, no matter how much of a [redacted] the guy selling is for trying to exploit you in the first place."

Yes, there will always be scammers, but if you punish them, there won't be so many (and not as blatant)

These people generally position themselves right next to an NPC that the item in question is needed for, particularly plutons/boulders/beitetsu next to Oboro, and they know people are going to expect that their bazaar has these items. When people are in a hurry, they tend to overlook confirmation prompts. Even though I normally double check, sometimes I've done it too. Most of us have, we get so irritated at the game asking us "are you sure" so much in FFXI's menu driven interface that it just happens.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Minamikun View Post
    Search “Kara” + four letter from your server name in Final Fantasy XI Auction site. It seems like gill seller try to scam on player.
    Given how ive seen people yell/shout talking about ppl like this in town, and how they literally never seem to respond to or join conversations about themselves, It wouldn't surprise me at all that they're RMT looking for another funding source.
    (0)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Normally I think buyer beware, but since the kara- characters are systematically doing this across all servers I think Square-Enix should intervene.
    (1)
    Last edited by Reain; 09-03-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Player
    Regardless of how it looks it is NOT against any rules. Just don't be stupid. It's that simple.

You can't ban someone for putting shit in their bazaar. Regardless of the way you feel about it.

The only way to "fix" it is to make an NPC that sells "everything". Then you eliminate bazaars. And everyone rejoices.
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Read what my link proposes... entirely.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Picture edited in accordance with Forum rules:

Buyer Beware!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    Regardless of how it looks it is NOT against any rules. Just don't be stupid. It's that simple.

You can't ban someone for putting shit in their bazaar. Regardless of the way you feel about it.

The only way to "fix" it is to make an NPC that sells "everything". Then you eliminate bazaars. And everyone rejoices.
    Hyperbole doesn't help. No one is suggesting all bazaars be banned or that you aren't allowed to set the price you want. There's a difference between that and what is actually going on. This is systematic exploitation, possibly and probably being carried out by RMT.

(one thing that strikes me odd about the pic above is that usually these characters are stationed near the NPC that takes those items, not the NPC that creates them)
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-04-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Player
    You obviously don't know that they also take the Bayld
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    You obviously don't know that they also take the Bayld
    Take it.....?
    (0)

Player
    While Runje is the one that creates HP-Bayld, Geosuke is the one you give them to for Ergons.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast