Hybrid View

Character
    Alanara
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Fireworks

Seriously, can we do something about the fireworks going off all night every night during summer events? This is unbearable. I'd rather not have to turn off all sounds. I wouldn't mind them if they went for about one or two in-game hours per night, but 12 hours of constant explosion sounds is maddening. I make it a point to avoid towns as much as possible during the summer just so I don't have to hear them. I've hated these fireworks ever since they were first introduced to the game, and still do. This summer event is the one event that, every year, I cannot wait for it to be finally over; all because of these fireworks.

Anyway, that's my rant of the year. Carry on.
    (3)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Understandable. My ex girlfriend absolutely detested fireworks.

These kinds of sounds have been know to affect people with PTSD too.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    These kinds of sounds have been know to affect people with PTSD too.
    If you have PTSD and you know something triggers it, you just avoid that thing. I doin't like the notion that we can't have maybe fun things because it affects some people adversely. We still have fireworks in real life, if it affects you you just don't go to fireworks displays- you don't ask the town or city to cancel the fireworks because of your disability.

I mean as far as just the sou nd being annoying or whatever, I pretty much just tune it out after a while- I don't need to mute the sound.

It's just for a short time period, if it's that bothersome to you just avoid bastok/windy/sandy at night or wait for the event to end.

"This is why we can't have nice things" and "stop liking what I don't like" and all that stuff.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-28-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's just for a short time period, if it's that bothersome to you just avoid bastok/windy/sandy at night or wait for the event to end.
    I don't care either way. I don't mind fireworks. What I'm saying is that I can understand where the OP is coming from.
    (0)

Player
    It does get very old. Year after year. Day after day. Just like the Christmas music.

Thank god for the mute button. It really is that simple. I play with everything turned way down anyway because of that damn <call> whistle.
    (0)

Character
    Bilbo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 66
    I agree whole heartedly. When i log on for the first time and cycle through my mules, if its night i really am put off and have to turn the music right down, which I don't like doing.

For something that's supposed to "draw" me to the main cities, in effect it pushes me away.

Obviously not everyone is the same so I think a few hours of game time is a good option as opposed to all night or not at all
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I agree whole heartedly. When i log on for the first time and cycle through my mules, if its night i really am put off and have to turn the music right down, which I don't like doing.

For something that's supposed to "draw" me to the main cities, in effect it pushes me away.

Obviously not everyone is the same so I think a few hours of game time is a good option as opposed to all night or not at all
    It really doesn't bother me. Most people I know sete Mhaura as their home point anyway- many people are only there for fairly short periods at a time and it's only at night, so it really isn't that much to deal with, and it's nice for a short while.
    (0)

Character
    Bilbo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It really doesn't bother me. Most people I know sete Mhaura as their home point anyway- many people are only there for fairly short periods at a time and it's only at night, so it really isn't that much to deal with, and it's nice for a short while.

That's true. I've always wondered why people are all at mhaura? As someone whose still leveling and going to the major cities a lot I guess I I hear it a lot more.
    (0)

Player
    People have a general herd mentality. They go where other people are. Mhaura is the "hub" now. Being that ambuscade is the most done thing, and you can still view shouts from there.
    There really isn't any reason to spend more than a few minutes in any city with fireworks. Unless you're doing the mumor event, in which case you're new and can't be sick of them yet.
    (0)

Character
    Bilbo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    you're new and can't be sick of them yet.
    Oh but damnit I am! Haha.

Thanks for the Mhaura news. I figured there was something endgame there. Was a shock to zone in for the first time leveling to see so many players. Strange they put an endgame activity out there.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast