Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Isn't more the elephant in the room that no one is talking about is WHERE the gil that these people who are buying stuff from merc are coming from. Most likely it is BOUGHT gil, which is against SE Terms of Service. If they didn't have the gil, they couldn't buy from merc.

As lets face it, anyone with alot of gil that is legitimate either already has the gear or is well geared enough that they can do the events to obtain new gear and not have to pay merc to obtain them.

So it again either comes down to enforcement by SE, upbringing of individual(ie thinks it's ok to buy gil), or the community as a whole(that gilbuying seems accepted and not shamed anymore)
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Could we just add an "Add to Blacklist" (and friend list) option to the context menu you get when selecting somebody's chat in the full log window? This feature was added to the game a while back (something that FFXIV had day 1 so I was glad to see it) and h as options to send tells, target, or join their party, but it seems logical that an "add to blacklist" button should be there.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Isn't more the elephant in the room that no one is talking about is WHERE the gil that these people who are buying stuff from merc are coming from. Most likely it is BOUGHT gil, which is against SE Terms of Service. If they didn't have the gil, they couldn't buy from merc.

As lets face it, anyone with alot of gil that is legitimate either already has the gear or is well geared enough that they can do the events to obtain new gear and not have to pay merc to obtain them.

So it again either comes down to enforcement by SE, upbringing of individual(ie thinks it's ok to buy gil), or the community as a whole(that gilbuying seems accepted and not shamed anymore)
    I can't believe you can be this ignorant at how easy it is to make gil on ffxi. You have no idea at all what you're talking about with what you just typed so just stop.

It's really easy to make a few million gil to buy a drop from a merc.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Which is why we need instant moderation of the yell channel. I have never been to a forum or place of public discussion that doesn't have some form of live moderation.
    Otherwise toxic yells spiral out of control and just escalate further and further making the game toxic. Nip it in the bud so to speak.

I know exactly where you are coming from. I too have logged off simply due to the mind numbing/offensive/political nonsense that flies down my screen.
    I have no option to block it, my /blist is full, and if I turn /yell off, I'm cutting myself out of the 'possible' (although seemly rare these days) content yells (*cough* everything has been or is being "merced").
    No, their shouts should be classified as spam IF they are spamming. Nothing else, what you just suggested is the start of a slippery slope where everyone gets muted over anything.

RMT shouts happen, but if they start spamming on cooldown then they should be stopped for spam alone.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    No, their shouts should be classified as spam IF they are spamming. Nothing else, what you just suggested is the start of a slippery slope where everyone gets muted over anything.

RMT shouts happen, but if they start spamming on cooldown then they should be stopped for spam alone.
    All we really need is a fast and easy (and legitimate) way to silence these players client side. As I'd suggested elsewhere, a context menu command to add someone to your blacklist when you select someone's chat in the log window, similar to how other MMOs allow you to click on someone's name in the chat to perform actions on them (i.e., right click > blacklist)
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I can't believe you can be this ignorant at how easy it is to make gil on ffxi. You have no idea at all what you're talking about with what you just typed so just stop.

It's really easy to make a few million gil to buy a drop from a merc.
    I'm not talking about the ones that pay 1-2 mil for PL, I'm talking about people that spend 20m to 50m on a single gear
    (0)

Character
    Coffeegood
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    Its almost impossible right now to get a decent CP party, every zone is FILLED to the brim with RMT botters selling JP! and with the CONSTANT yelling in towns of people advertising their websites for buying gil what the hell is anyone doing about it? I dont even want to try to master a job right now because it's a battle to compete against botters pulling mobs.

we need a john wick GM!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...091#post620091
    (0)

Player
    We really need to stop out of this mindset that everyone selling things are RMT, mercing is a legit form of gil making to build rema and things you know?

Sure some are, sure some are even 4-5 boxing but that doesn't meant they are rmt.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    We really need to stop out of this mindset that everyone selling things are RMT, mercing is a legit form of gil making to build rema and things you know?

Sure some are, sure some are even 4-5 boxing but that doesn't meant they are rmt.
    Mercing is only RMT if they're charging real money. Which has been known to happen.
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Regardless of whether or not a FFXI account is being used for RMT purposes the utilization of 3rd party programs to script automated farming, resource claims and/or enemy claims especially within shared zones is a major ToS violation that incurs a penalty of permanent account termination should SE elect to investigate properly.
    (2)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast