Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Player
    You DO have to back down, if you want your business to keep making money dawg.

Customers that aren't spending as much money don't matter. Money is the only thing that matters.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The company providing the online game has to cripple this type of infestation to safeguard ALL of it's current and ALL of it's future titles. The corruption is not limited to only FFXI, Square-Enix must show they are resolute not to allow any safe haven.
    (0)

Player
    Like I told you 6 or 7 times, its. impossible. to. do. that. period.

The repercussions mean the end of XI
    (0)

Character
    Mnemnos
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm so excited that I saw all of this before responding to the other Tullemore discussion. @Isola/Pixela, you are reasonable people, by which I mean, you use reason and logic to attempt to convince others. Unfortunately, our friend here has confirmed his moral absolutist stance quite thoroughly with the yelling and whatnot. He's some kind of Utopian and isn't bothering with "reason" so much as "it's wrong, ergo zero tolerance." It's literally impossible to convince him of anything he doesn't already believe wholeheartedly. Ayn Rand wrote that "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it... Leave them alone." While this could be apocryphal, and I couldn't find a good source for it, I think the advice applies here. SE has to exist in the real world, they're not running a charity, and Pixela's breakdown of the factors in play is absolutely correct. I'm sorry, Tullemore, but you're on the wrong side of reason here, and I don't think we can be friends.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    {Edit: Pixela has fully shown themselves to be a RMT sympathizer or agent. The perspective that Pixela makes rational sense is absurd. It is akin to saying that the smallpox virus exists on earth, and therefore we must embrace it and allow it to flourish. Completely absurd!}

As long as apathy exists, this title will tarnish. When those that can't do anything for themselves un-sub; Far after many honorable players un-sub; Then the perpetrators un-sub; Then SE has a completely failed title. Service Ends. FFXI falls to the abyss of unsustainable. Then you, the apathetic, have your perfect utopia. Where you, the apathetic, for your ignorance will in the end if Square-Enix does not intervene WILL finally see the demise of any stature FFXI ever had. All of this for what? To allow scoundrels to pilfer dollars? All of this to allow gil buyers to insert corrupt gil into the economy?

Have Square-Enix create Four servers. Everyone is migrated to their choice.

One: Asia population + allows all cheats and violations.
    Two: Asia population + Major reforms, cheating shutdown + RMT squashed + high STF surveillance
    Three: Western population + allows all cheats and violations.
    Four: Western population + Major reforms, cheating shutdown + RMT squashed + high STF surveillance

Ask yourself, where would people go to? What sort of players would occupy the un-policed servers? What sort of players would occupy the upgraded virtuous servers?

Ask yourself, where would you like to be? Would you the apathetic stooge of the RMT propaganda go to reside on the server where corruption has no consequences?
    (1)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 09-15-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Player
    That's what they should've done 10 years ago. You're just describing jail servers. They would've make BANK for pay to unban and play on a "jail server"

Too little too late.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Seventeen years ago.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The Special Task Force does post how many accounts they ban and how much gil is frozen per month at http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/specialtask.html.

Though I can't say I totally believe them. I've been reporting automated bot farmers for over a year, yet they still here. Does it really take a year to do investigation. Can't they do like GMs can, go invisible and watch players running the EXACT same routes down to the pixel over and over for hours on end.
    (0)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm not quite sure how to react to posts of people actively advocating RMT, buying gil and botting. It's a little shocking.

I understand the argument that some people live lives that make it difficult to spend time farming gil/etc for themselves, and I am sure that is frustrating for those people. But, if we're being honest, is that a genuine justification for wholesale cheating and violations of the TOS? It's just the classic "I have a real life with a job and a family and a hamster, and you're all losers, so I can X" argument from years ago wrapped up in a new pseudo-mature bubble, and it's usually accompanied by the same subtly superior tone. I'm not sure why there is this entitlement to have it all at any cost just because someone has X other responsibilities in their life.

The fact remains at all those people with real life responsibilities absolutely can make gil and work on the game if they want to. It'll just take longer (Earth time). That's what those people dislike - but honestly, it's a fact of life that we all deal with every day. I'm sorry if I don't have much sympathy, but that's literally how the world works. We shouldn't have to sacrifice our enjoyment of the game just because people feel entitled to a shortcut.

Arguments in favour of all this also ignore the fact that this game is developed based on statistics and feedback gathered by SE. If people can afford to buy something or work on a goal, then from SE’s perspective there's no reason to change it. If literally no-one can afford to do activity X, then there's something wrong with it. I'm not arguing that this system works flawlessly (it clearly doesn't), but it's in place and it happens.

Synthesis shields are an example. If no-one could make the things, SE would know. People do make them through illegitimate means, but the statistics show that they're being made, so they must be fine. Unfortunately, it sucks to be the rest of us who don't cheat.

There's also the recent use of tools that violate the TOS in the Lilith battlefield. X number of people have won on difficulty Y, so the statistics indicate that it's fine. Most of those X are using tools, but SE don't necessarily know that (or etc etc). The battlefield must be fine. Sucks to be the rest of us.

This perpetuates as development continues. As players, clearing the Lilith battlefield demonstrates that we can handle her mechanics. The statistics for difficulty level demonstrates the extent to which this is true. New content will take that level of competence into account. Because people cheat to complete it, the level of competence required to complete new content incorporates the effect of the tools. Sucks to be those of us not using those tools.

Yes, the gil buyers and cheaters may quit if their tools and streams of gil are cut off. But people on the other end of the spectrum get fed up by the absurdly inflated prices, constant presence of RMT, deeply embedded flagrant disregard of the TOS, forced proxy advocacy for cheating via items purchased, and bad attitude of the top-tier players who advocate these things. And they play less frequently, or they quit.

I'm not saying I'm in that position - I'm not quitting any time soon. But there are days when I've had to put up with RMT crawling all over Yahse/Ceizak/Garlaige/Western Adoulin/Dynamis - Jeuno, days when I've had to put up with cheaters in my PUG groups flagrantly using tools to break mechanics (that I then benefit from), days that I've had to explain for the umpteenth time that I can't X because I don't use Y, days when I've had to buy a piece of gear made with a synthesis shield that is 100% certain to have been botted (making me an accomplice). And on those days I log out early and go and do something else, because even though I want to play FFXI, I've had enough of the community-sanctioned TOS-violating nonsense.

If we're being realistic and pragmatic in our outlook, examining real life situations of players and the paramount importance of revenue to businesses, then let's look at both sides of the coin. Let's not disregard the poisonous effect that these attitudes, tools and standards have on the playerbase as a whole, the fact that it's a force that pushes people away, and let's not disregard the cumulative effect that it has had and will continue to have on the development of the game in the future.
    (1)

Player
    No one is advocating RMT, it's just something that cannot be stopped. and a necessary evil.

But the blantant shouting every 30 seconds, for entire months can and absolutely should be stopped.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 09-15-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast