Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

FFXI DESPERATELY NEEDS BAN HAMMERS!

Its almost impossible right now to get a decent CP party, every zone is FILLED to the brim with RMT botters selling JP! and with the CONSTANT yelling in towns of people advertising their websites for buying gil what the hell is anyone doing about it? I dont even want to try to master a job right now because it's a battle to compete against botters pulling mobs.

we need a john wick GM!
    (14)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I don't think it's quite as bad on Phoenix, but we have some ridiculously blatant botting and RMT going on here too. Weekends are particularly bad - every Friday evening without fail, Ceizak and Yahse fill to the brim with BST bots fleehacking around farming sparks, poshacking around Adoulin inside walls converting them to gil. Then they magically disappear on Sunday evening. There are bots poshacking around Dynamis - Jeuno farming currency 24/7 - pretty sure they're all run by the same person, and every month or so there's a new one because they know they can get away with it. Completely fresh lv1 keyboard smash characters stand at the PJ guidestone bazaaring frankly absurd amounts of Dynamis currency at "low, low prices!", all presumably botted. Inner Ra'Kaznar constantly has people botting cards. I caught one of the notorious ones botting CP AFK for four days straight last week. Recently we've had the RMT yells coming back too.

I've reported all of these to the STF more times than I can count. Pretty sure the reports are piped directly into /dev/null.

All SE needs to do is have one GM do the rounds of each server every other day or so, including weekends. The botting is so incredibly blatant that it'll be obvious the instant a GM actually sees it happening.

I'll sign off in the same way I sign every single report I make to the STF - PLEASE DO SOMETHING.
    (3)

Character
    Jangamaky
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    Its almost impossible right now to get a decent CP party, every zone is FILLED to the brim with RMT botters selling JP! and with the CONSTANT yelling in towns of people advertising their websites for buying gil what the hell is anyone doing about it? I dont even want to try to master a job right now because it's a battle to compete against botters pulling mobs.

we need a john wick GM!
    That's one big reason why I refuse to move to Asura. I moved their briefly this month to force a character rename, and I never wanted to leave my Mog House / Mog Garden because of the non-stop stream of yelling. RMT, party requests, and right-wing hate speech... Hmm... I think I'll stay on Fenrir.
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Makilahy View Post
    That's one big reason why I refuse to move to Asura. I moved their briefly this month to force a character rename, and I never wanted to leave my Mog House / Mog Garden because of the non-stop stream of yelling. RMT, party requests, and right-wing hate speech... Hmm... I think I'll stay on Fenrir.
    I was originally from Fenrir. Just out of interest, what is the average number of people online these days?

Oh, and the yell/merc/troll thing on Asura just gets worse and worse. I was one click away from cancelling my subscription and uninstalling FFXI last night.

In my opinion we need:
    - A keyword blocker
    - An increased blacklist cap (extended beyond 100)
    - Active moderation (in other words remove the offender on the spot, or suspend their yell activity for x number of days).
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 08-23-2019 at 07:19 PM.

5. 08-23-2019 07:12 PM
    Reason
    Mis-post

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    STF report thread on cheating
    Matsui: The STF team reported on the current status of countermeasures. We appreciate your continued support of your opinions and information.

Minamikun's post with a list of English threads regarding RMT and BOT
    (0)

Character
    Amnesty
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Banhammer Cometh

https://youtu.be/6g1BRypeg2Y

How complaints sound to SE

https://youtu.be/FC3TVi2af1k

All better now snowflakes?
    (0)
    Last edited by Amnesty; 09-03-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I would hope the vast majority of us are competent enough to construct our own judgments, perceptions and constructive proposals to add to this topic. The usual comments are depictions of ToS violations that do need to have vengeful action taken against the perpetrators. Additionally all players that want to see an end to unpunished prohibited behavior should be leaving feedback that includes ideas for solutions to vanquish the said prohibited acts.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 09-07-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Player
    Do not click those links. It sets your youtube to mobile. and you will have to change it back manully or it will be stuck on Mobil.
    (0)

Player
    If you are saying there is an army of botters permanently camping places then don't contact a GM, contact the special task force who will investigate over a long period of time and take action if they think it's really an issue.

https://support.na.square-enix.com/c...php?id=20&la=1

A GM is now basically a customer service agent and the only time they ban people is over chat violations, they are not there to deal with botting or cheating. They are not police, most of their power has been taken away over the past few years because they are not able to make good decisions and often were banning people who should not of been banned (this is a business first and foremost).
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I have been reporting the same automated bot farmers for over a year now

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...for-Escutcheon

yet they are still there. Does it honestly take SE over a YEAR to find enough data to ban someone for automated bot farming? Isn't it more likely SE just cares more for the monthly fees than following the rules that they themselves have set.
    (1)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast