Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    Regardless of whether or not a FFXI account is being used for RMT purposes the utilization of 3rd party programs to script automated farming, resource claims and/or enemy claims especially within shared zones is a major ToS violation that incurs a penalty of permanent account termination should SE elect to investigate properly.
    Windower is a 3rd party tool, be careful what you wish for cause you might just get it.

Again, is SE were to listen to someone like you the game would be dead in a week. The goal is to enforce the rules with an even hand and not a zero tolerance hand.
    (4)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I do not use windower. To the best of my knowledge from conversations i have been privy to; there is nothing within the basic interface of windower that creates or implements "Bots".

@ Pixela: Wrong perception about ToS. ToS is supreme as it concerns FFXI conduct. Staffing levels and financial resources directed towards FFXI by SE being low is the true culprit why those who violate ToS are not properly jailed or having their accounts terminated.
    The apathy of SE, player leadership and population at large as it concerns to blatant cheating is the reason subscriptions became and remain dismal.
    When exactly did you first install FFXI? Have you ever qualified for end game content ever? Just how many hours have you given deep thought and philosophical analysis of the complex consequences and interactions of honest vs corrupt behavior? My guesses would be years after WotG expansion, no or just barely recent and a fraction of an hour or none. For those interested; I am a true original resident on the Asura server since North America launch (That means Zilart, well before CoP). I have witnessed the vast amount of infestations of corruption throughout all facets of content. The highest popularity of FFXI occurred when players had content and an environment that they considered to be fair and evenly equalized for each character. I can not emphasize this position any more clearly; FFXI is not a single player concept, FFXI is not a concept where cheaters are interned within their own seperate environment. ToS violations within a MMO title have detrimental consequences that adversely influence the gaming atmosphere that everyone else on that server is connecting to. These are the facts.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 10-02-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thank you all for your opinions and information.

Asura is supposed to be my home server since I originally started on Pandemonium in 2003. I remember I paid my dad a lot of quarters to get that game because I wasn't old enough to have my own credit card. I was so lost and stuck in Port San O'dria for hours. I imagined how big this Vana'diel is going to be when I entered West Ronfaure for the first time. In 2004, I moved to PS2 for a better experience because my PC sucked. In 2006, I moved to Xbox 360 for better graphics (couldn't play Besieged with that lousy port). I was a leader of Japanese exp party a lot (thanks to my unique name I guess) but that should explain my ability to play without Windower.

In 2009, I came back to PC. Unfortunately, 2009 was definitely the worst year for both Square Enix and players. I lost my account to a RMT hacker. I detected a keylogger inside a hidden iFrame tag in the outdated HTML official webpage, PlayOnline.com. Even though, Firefox's NoScript can prevent that. I called SE and explained to them that I am the owner of that stolen account. After many days of waiting, they emailed me stating that my account already got banhammered and can't be restored without a confirmation code (I didn't have one?). Oh well, I should have registered my security token sooner though. I wasn't surprised why Square Enix got sued for $5 million dollars by their players.

In 2010, I decided to come back with my new account on a different server and didn't know where Pandemonium was after it got merged with Asura. I became a glorious PC gaming master race and my hair was so pure white enough to end the console service. I can run multiple FFXI clients and FFXIV on the same machine. Just you know how old and low specs FFXI is. Both games run off my 3.0 USB flash drive. Just plug and play. FFXI will be registered on the registry automatically if needed so I keep all my macros, synthesis history, AH's sorted list and more without needing to spend so many hours reinstalling and updating the game. I am genius right? (laughs)

To be honest, I wouldn't come back but all thanks to the QoL updates my process got so much faster. While FFXI isn't FFXI it used to be, I personally think multi-boxing is a new experience and biggest challenge I want to do for my linkshell members whether we run Ambuscade or farm Divergence. Therefore, having two characters require time to gain gil to improve my equipment. I know I am not alone doing that!

I am sorry, I speak mainly in my native sign language. I truly thanked FFXI's community for improving my English skills.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I wasn't surprised why Square Enix got sued for $5 million dollars by their players.
    Citations please? I'm not aware of any lawsuit tied to RMT bans.
    (0)

Player
    25 June 2009
    According to the Courthouse News Service, Square Enix is being sued by a customer for not being open about the fees and late-payment penalties for playing its MMO Final Fantasy XI.

Esther Leong from San Francisco has brought a class action lawsuit against the US arm of the Japanese RPG giant, claiming that Square Enix deceived 100,000 customers by lying about or concealing "its monthly fees, penalties for late payments, interest, restrictions, and other things that should have been fully disclosed at points of purchase".

The suit seeks damages of over USD 5 million on behalf of players and alleges "unfair business practices, false advertising, and unjust enrichment".
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    25 June 2009
    According to the Courthouse News Service, Square Enix is being sued by a customer for not being open about the fees and late-payment penalties for playing its MMO Final Fantasy XI.

Esther Leong from San Francisco has brought a class action lawsuit against the US arm of the Japanese RPG giant, claiming that Square Enix deceived 100,000 customers by lying about or concealing "its monthly fees, penalties for late payments, interest, restrictions, and other things that should have been fully disclosed at points of purchase".

The suit seeks damages of over USD 5 million on behalf of players and alleges "unfair business practices, false advertising, and unjust enrichment".
    What does this have to do with RMT? Nothing. It's about improper practices related to service fees. It further has nothing to do with your issue. (that "confirmation code" had nothing to do with a security token btw, its something that gets sent to your registered email)

(Also, a lawsuit being filed doesn't mean the filers won. Something smells really funny here because SE doesn't and never did charge late fees. They simply deactivate your account if payment fails, until you provide a working payment method.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-03-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Player
    He never said it had anything to do with RMT

Never said they won either. Just that they were sued. (they lost, by the way)
    (1)

Player
    Stop complaining about RMT and play the game, they are nowhere near as big a problem as you think they are.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm seeing people quit over RMT going unpunished. You're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Stop complaining about RMT and play the game, they are nowhere near as big a problem as you think they are.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    He never said it had anything to do with RMT

Never said they won either. Just that they were sued. (they lost, by the way)
    Of course they did. SE CS may be hit or miss but they haven't lied about payment issues. Late fees were never a thing lol (Perhaps they're really talking about chargebacks? I don't know.... But SE's policy is basically the same on that os other MMO makers- you can't play til you resolve the chargeback.
    (0)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast