Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Results 101 to 107 of 107
  1. #101
    Player Isola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    420
    Character
    Cylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm seeing people quit over RMT going unpunished. You're wrong.
    No one is quitting because of RMT. You see a bunch of whiners making empty threats, but they're still here posting all the time. People are quitting because its 20 years old and there is a noticeable content drought.

    They are justified complaints though, crafting spheres and actual armies of bots with 24/7 RMT shouting is not a good look for SE.

    Rank the reasons people quit ffxi
    Bored/Better games
    Don't want to play on asura, but home server is ghost town
    "Asura"
    Absolutely no job balance/SMN burn/bandwagon the current "best"/Meta onry
    Crafting system is broken bottom to top
    "got everything" come back when theres new stuff and quit again
    and at the bottom is RMT
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 10-04-2019 at 02:35 AM.

  2. #102
    Player Pixela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    442
    Character
    Lynettta
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm seeing people quit over RMT going unpunished. You're wrong.
    No you're not, you're seeing people quitting over other reasons and saying it's that. That's human nature.

    Back in the day if someone said they were quitting over RMT dominating in sky and nobody else was able to farm sky triggers then I would give complaints some credit, that directly impacted the game and stopped you doing content.

    RMT these days is just a visual annoyance if you're looking for it, they don't have a big negative impact on the game at all.

    Normal people.
    "these flowers are so pretty and they smell lovely"
    Weirdos
    "no, the bee is buzzing! look at the bees, the noise!! the bees ruin it, I'm leaving because of the bees!"
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 10-04-2019 at 04:45 AM.

  3. #103
    Player Sirmarki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    853
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    No one is quitting because of RMT. You see a bunch of whiners making empty threats, but they're still here posting all the time. People are quitting because its 20 years old and there is a noticeable content drought.
    One of the reasons I cancelled is because mercs dominate content (aswell as bots/rmt/cheats blah blah). No players are getting together anymore so it seems, because mercing has become the new norm. I mean people merc (and sell) items from even the likes of Tenzen. I've raised by concerns over it before, bending of the treasure pool and such. If people want to play that way, and thats the style of game they like, then so be it. I just won't be a part of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    Rank the reasons people quit ffxi
    Bored/Better games
    Don't want to play on asura, but home server is ghost town
    "Asura"
    Absolutely no job balance/SMN burn/bandwagon the current "best"/Meta onry
    Crafting system is broken bottom to top
    "got everything" come back when theres new stuff and quit again
    and at the bottom is RMT
    These generally aren't my reasons for un-subbing. I don't play a newer game, and I actually liked FFXI and would of carried on playing, if it wasn't for the reasons I've already stated.
    The final push for me was seeing an entire LS I was in justify botting, as if someone that doesn't do it is in the wrong and not "normal"... I was backed into a corner.

    The game balance is way off, and it's not for job adjustments or anything like that - It's down to a degree of players contributing to the downfall with actions that don't exist in the retail version of FFXI.

    I'm sure I'm not alone in my thoughts. Of course, everybody's patience levels vary - mine ran out.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 10-04-2019 at 04:51 AM.

  4. #104
    Player Sirmarki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    853
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    RMT these days is just a visual annoyance if you're looking for it, they don't have a big negative impact on the game at all.
    Are you sure about that?

    They have a derogatory effect on the game. Money generated from RMT in real life generally doesn't go to good causes whatsoever.
    I mean there are entire threads of new/current people trying to exp or other and have 30 RMT running in circles all over the zones?
    I know, I've seen it more times than I care to mention.

    I suggest reading through some of of the Japanese threads with 30~40 likes completely contradicting what you are saying.
    (2)

  5. #105
    Player Isola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    420
    Character
    Cylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Ok so there is a distinction between botting and RMT. While they are not exclusive, there is a difference.

    RMT itself is just the visual annoyance. While it has negative impact, it has equally positive impact, seriously. Just having extra gil that you want to "share" and generating more gives you a reason to keep playing for example. The way that these particular RMT choose to generate gil (botting spheres) is a problem. If they were not blocking actual content like mission progress, it would be completely inconsequential. If someone wanted to go farm slug eyes in foret 24/7 it would only be a positive. No one would ever go kill those, they add eyes to the AH for coalitions, they sell to players who are to lazy to earn. Absolutely no downside.

    Who do you think keeps the entirety of the synthesis materials on the AH? Bots. And who buys the products? RMT. They move the game. Undeniably.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 10-04-2019 at 06:25 AM.

  6. #106
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,638
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    No you're not, you're seeing people quitting over other reasons and saying it's that.
    Are you really being serious here? What would these people's motiviations be to lie about something like this? You have no credibility, I would take almost anybody's word over yours.

    Seriously, just give it up, nobody buys your nonsense about banning RMT being a bad thing. I don't want more players if they're all cheaters, and I don't think any other legitimate player does either.


    RMT are more than just a visual annoyance, they in many cases disrupt the ability of legitimate players to play the game normally, thus pressuring them to buy gil to pay them to do the things that they're being prevented from doing. You're living in a fantasy land if you think the only annoyance presented by the RMT is the shouts/yelling.


    Ok so there is a distinction between botting and RMT. While they are not exclusive, there is a difference.
    The only distinction is you don't have to be RMT to bot, while most if not all RMTs are botters. Yes, botting doesn't automatically mean you're RMT, but that doesn't mean it's any less undesireable.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-04-2019 at 04:14 PM.

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  7. #107
    Player Kalimairo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    13
    Character
    Ashcrow
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    No you're not, you're seeing people quitting over other reasons and saying it's that. That's human nature.

    Back in the day if someone said they were quitting over RMT dominating in sky and nobody else was able to farm sky triggers then I would give complaints some credit, that directly impacted the game and stopped you doing content.

    RMT these days is just a visual annoyance if you're looking for it, they don't have a big negative impact on the game at all.

    Normal people.
    "these flowers are so pretty and they smell lovely"
    Weirdos
    "no, the bee is buzzing! look at the bees, the noise!! the bees ruin it, I'm leaving because of the bees!"
    No and yes, RMT's Back than did not sell you a relic for 50 dollars, everything was very expensive and RMT's couldn't farm you merits too i honestly blame the new updates on windower for gearswaps and lua botting, for all of this crap. Even the players are botting 24/7 during campaigns. RMT Sky is nothing compared to what we have now, atleast than 100 million was what like 1300 dollars or more? now its 30 or 50 or something like that. I think Square has to bann windower, they were right about it all these years, if you cant play A PC game without addons and auto generated scripts PLEASE PLAY A MOBILE GAME, am sick of what people have made online MMO into. Skills dont matter anymore your ingame macros gearset dont unless you have gearswaps, this game is really in a bad state right now, and no il never stop paying for this game or quit, but this windower needs to ***** go its so easy to program human like botts these days with updated windower + lua files, SQUARE NEEDS TO RECREATE A WHOLE NEW UI AND BANN WINDOWER dislike as much as you want i dont care this is concreet proof why the botts are rampant. Thank god i moved out of Asura that server is plagued by botts. thats why people dont want to yell and do content other than BUY BUY BUY BUY GEAR and thats a reason why i would want to play in an official classic server, Atleast than your gill and grouping up has meaning TIME=gear.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kalimairo; Today at 08:28 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11