Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

This Fancy swim suit set is a sexual abuse and sexism at it's best.

I have to protest.
    This female fancy swim suit set from this months login points is a sexual abuse. Sexism at it's best. It just yells: "Slap my sexy butt-cheeks and lift my bra!" The orange swim suit had way more taste. But this one could not be of less material, or it would just cover womens nipples and their vagina.
    For me FFXI was an authority for decency until this set. What are men thinking? Very sad. And yes, i'm serious.

I'm angry now and need a break.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I can't tell if you are being serious or not..

However, If you don't like it, then don't buy/wear it?
    (2)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 08-14-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Take the bait

(4)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I'll be honest, a comment like yours is not uncommon these days and wouldn't surprise me in the least if it had an element of truth to it.
    (0)

Character
    Julissa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 20
    Sorry square enix doesn't give a monkeys about sjw nonsense, go play an EA game. Also don't make light of sexual abuse - thats an actual real thing and a swimsuit in a videa game is not that.
    (3)
    Last edited by madmartin; 08-14-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I'll be honest, a comment like yours is not uncommon these days and wouldn't surprise me in the least if it had an element of truth to it.
    It's all good. Seems SE finally stopped trolling me in the game that has brought me here.
    (0)

Player
    Maybe abuse is a hard word. But i felt abused for mens pleasure in the moment i saw that on my human female. I'm serious about it. Which is why im so upset. I don't make it equal to rape on women in real. But tell me, how such swimsuits are related to the game and it's stories, please. Maybe i missed something beside fish scooping while i was playing since 2004. That is possible. Which value do such swim suits add the the "universe" of FFXI. I'm open to learn.

I dropped that swimsuit after i saw it on my character. I can't see another intension to add such items with as less material as possible, than:

Men /stare ------> @ as much skin as possible (to make them horny and keep playing).

Somehow other sets got differences also. Like my BST relic set on my mithra shows the bellyskin and navel. On a Galka it's covered somehow. Why can't woman have that part covered, too? I would think that my set would look better with a covered belly on my female char. My Paladin set on my mithra has open parts on her upper legs. Please explain me, how open skin there helps on takes less damage? What i see is that the societies accept that programmers use female characters as sexual attraction. And that blue swimsuit crossed the red line of connecting real womans attractiveness for mens pleasure (while playing FFXI) to me. That's why i dislike it that much. My chars wont be used for that.

And btw. It's ok to use female attractiveness as it seems. But on men SE's ethic conscience kicks in and they don't even give them a dent in the hose. Basicly men in FFXI don't have a penis and testicles. They kinda are eunuchs. (Hehe. Sorry, could'nt avoid that joke. ) Or half women.

I think people are measuring with different scales, cause they are used on how men treat women in the world. I'm just against how that currently (still) is.
    (0)

Character
    Julissa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyclia View Post
    Stuff
    So women dont wear bikinis in the real world? You think they just wear them so men can look at them? It aint all about sex you know. Also what about that topless armor with the tattoo male characters get and other swimsuit sets i can think of that show male skin? so it isn't exactly 1 sided. There's also other lockstyle pieces like t-shirts we can wear - it's a fantasy game - get over it.
    (3)
    Last edited by madmartin; 08-15-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I am really enjoying the Sunbreeze Festival, as always.

Fireworks, and my favourite FFXI music, at nights.

I danced with Mumor in my Starlet Set. It was tremendous fun. ETERNAL VANA ILLUSION !!!

Oh, how I love the Summertime. Everybody is happy and relaxed and wearing light clothing, because the weather is so hot!

I do feel a small tinge of sorrow, during this happy season, because SE has not yet implemented my suggestion of Automaton Lockstyle Pyjamas, which are a fashionable and fabulous /lockstyleset for Automatons, and can be worn over the desired Automaton Battle Frames.

How much longer must my beloved Automaton be unable to wear fashionable Lockstyle Costumes. When will he finally wear his Wee Willie Winkie pyjamas and matching Bedtime Hat. When will he finally wear the fine silks and furs that he so richly deserves!
    (3)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

This probably won't help but... I'd just like to point out that it's not exactly new. It's a re-colouring of the Cossie Top/Bottom set (can't recall if there's something even older) that has been in the game since 2015 or so.

As for what it is, it really doesn't seem that bad to me, especially when comparing to other things the game already has. It definitely could be worse. ^^

I may of course be biased a little bit. :]
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast