RMT effects all languages
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    And where are the RMTs now? They seem are gone now... until they come back.
    (0)

Player
    They do, in fact, get banned. IF enough people actually report it. But inevitably they will be back.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I wonder what they said about /yell in the video.
    I believe 'nothing' is the answer to that. :]

It's not that they're talking about '/yell', but rather it's a section where Fujito announces ("yells") things about stuff. I believe he does this in every digest.

See also: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...diel-46-Digest
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    And you think they are going to change the /yell command that Tullemore and Sirmarki are (still) demanding, for the sake of the English community?
    It's not just what Tullemore and myself are 'demanding'. Given the option, I would bet most people want this sorted out.

The issue with the Job Point RMT yells, is not just the annoyance of it, but these bots are over-running the well known CP camps.
    Groups that run RMT groups are generally not legitimate businesses, and the money generated by them, does not end up in, lets say, desirable places.

I should have the option to be able to choose what I want to see in 'yell' and not. Turning it off completely stops me from seeing actual content yells, so is not the answer.
    If I receive e-mails I do not wish to read, I have a legal right under data protection laws to be able to opt out of seeing them.

Extending the blacklist past the current 100, adding a /safelist option, or a keyword option is a perfectly reasonable request.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 08-15-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    I believe 'nothing' is the answer to that. :]

It's not that they're talking about '/yell', but rather it's a section where Fujito announces ("yells") things about stuff. I believe he does this in every digest.

See also: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...diel-46-Digest
    I know it was a joke. Japanese players didn't ask for /yell99 to be implemented. lol
    They want to see GMs to do something about RMTs and they have been looking at this English forum very closely.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...81%84%E3%82%8B
    (0)

Player
    I really thought the yells would slow down when the free week was over, but nope. It's a bit much. Are you going to do something about this or what.

I know you won't, but I'm obligated to ask anyway.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 08-21-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    Completely agree, the game should allow /blist capacity of 500 minimum. Once /blist capacity has be increased to 500 or more, there should be provider side capabilities that detect massive /blist additions to quickly discover and investigate Terms of Service violations.

Other Beneficial upgrades that can be done:

Have /yell(lvl) communication and disable the universal /yell and add ability to filter each particular level bracket of /yell(lvl).
    Example: /yell99 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 99 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell90 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 90 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell80 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 80 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell75 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 75 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell60 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 60 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell40 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 40 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell20 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 20 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell10 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 10 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell3 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 3 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell0 serves for only those who have no job level above lvl 2 and have the filter set to allow.
    After creating channels for /yell0, /yell3, /yell10, /yell20, /yell40, /yell60, /yell75, /yell80, /yell90, /yell99 allow the display and use of these channels both inside and outside of cities.
    Interface the filter selection so that it is quickly convenient from the menu, preferably with it's own lead category as to not bury it three+ levels deep into the current chat configuration settings.
    Create text commands to allow and disable each channel. Examples: /allowY99 /disableY99 /allowY40 /disableY40

Increase allowable Linkshell active capacity to 2000. Enhance the Linkshell search interface to allow for all character names equipped with a pearl to be shown without truncation.

Allow for Linkshells #3 and #4 to be equipped.

Allow for the Unity communications to have capacity of 4000 or more, so there is no more "The maximum number of people are already participating in Unity chat. Please try again later." Error messages.

Create communications channels based around the traditional /seacom categories. Can use /c or /w as a designation beginning.
    Examples: /cExp /cBattle /cMission /cQuest /cItem /cLinkshell /cSocial /cOther

Upgrade + Enhance + Overhaul the /seacom interface to include instructions about usage, instructions about etiquette, and the ability to search for key words displayed in the /seacom entry of any character that is displaying a /seacom.

Allow a /seacom to be set for each individual category with a blank /seacom being designated as disabled for that category. In this way each player can enable and display a /seacom for Exp ~ Battles ~ Missions & Quests ~ Item ~ Linkshell ~ Looking for Friends ~ Others.

With the enhancement of the /seacom interface for quicker search results; create and allow for content tags to be attached to /seacom. Example: a /seacom applied to the Exp category could be tagged with a level range bracket selection and desired vana'diel area. Example: a /seacom applied to the Item category could be tagged with a item type selection, a crafting source selection, a battle content type selection, a level usage selection etc, a auction house inventory category selection.
    Detailed Example: Utu grip could be entered with text into the display of a /seacom under the {Item} category and then be tagged with {Omen} {LVL99} {Battlefield} {Grip} {Reisenjima}
    Detailed Example: Sublime sushi could be entered with text into the display of a /seacom under the {Item} category and then be tagged with {Cooking} {Food} {Synthesis} {Item} {Meals} {Seafood}.
    Allow for up to seven tags to be attached to eash active /seacom.

For those who further wish to denounce RMT and give constructive recommendations and advice:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ht=Scourge+RMT
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-WHERE-ARE-YOU
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Attention: Square-Enix | Special Task Force | FFXI Development team : Is there any potential consideration for these proposals being implemented? The universal communication channel we're currently subject to [ /yell ] is advantageous and far too easily accessible for accounts that are polluting the communication there with RMT violations, advertisements for exploits, scams, schemes, unethical behaviors and dirtbags charging gil for capacity point camps they use bots to obstruct others from having access to. FFXI will be greatly benefited by enhanced, modern, and requirement accessed communication capabilities.

Please make this a priority. Honorable players are utilizing /blist to squelch these offenders, due to the ease of access to new account creation without a buy-in requirement these undesirable vermin continue to infest the primary accommodation for players to communicate for content that is designed for cooperation occurring alongside our fellow honorable players populating FFXI servers.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 08-25-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    We've got a situation on Asura now where /yell is the universal billboard bombardment area of every scheme, scam, profiteering, illegitimate scavenging, unethical vendor spam and RMT advertisement conceivable. Can we please get all or at least the vast majority of these communications evolution confirmed to be ongoing. A "work in progress" confirmation would brighten our perception. MMO titles are dependent upon the ways players interact and quality of the communication players are accommodated with.

@ Square-Enix : Before the FFXI team gets all enthused with rehashing more historic content and reintroducing it as "new" end game, please, please, please overhaul (evolve) the way server populations interact and communicate.
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    Completely agree, the game should allow /blist capacity of 500 minimum. Once /blist capacity has be increased to 500 or more, there should be provider side capabilities that detect massive /blist additions to quickly discover and investigate Terms of Service violations.

Other Beneficial upgrades that can be done:

Have /yell(lvl) communication and disable the universal /yell and add ability to filter each particular level bracket of /yell(lvl).
    Example: /yell99 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 99 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell90 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 90 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell80 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 80 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell75 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 75 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell60 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 60 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell40 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 40 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell20 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 20 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell10 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 10 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell3 serves for only those who have obtained a lvl 3 job and have the filter set to allow.
    Example: /yell0 serves for only those who have no job level above lvl 2 and have the filter set to allow.
    After creating channels for /yell0, /yell3, /yell10, /yell20, /yell40, /yell60, /yell75, /yell80, /yell90, /yell99 allow the display and use of these channels both inside and outside of cities.
    Interface the filter selection so that it is quickly convenient from the menu, preferably with it's own lead category as to not bury it three+ levels deep into the current chat configuration settings.
    Create text commands to allow and disable each channel. Examples: /allowY99 /disableY99 /allowY40 /disableY40

Increase allowable Linkshell active capacity to 2000. Enhance the Linkshell search interface to allow for all character names equipped with a pearl to be shown without truncation.

Allow for Linkshells #3 and #4 to be equipped.

Allow for the Unity communications to have capacity of 4000 or more, so there is no more "The maximum number of people are already participating in Unity chat. Please try again later." Error messages.

Create communications channels based around the traditional /seacom categories. Can use /c or /w as a designation beginning.
    Examples: /cExp /cBattle /cMission /cQuest /cItem /cLinkshell /cSocial /cOther

Upgrade + Enhance + Overhaul the /seacom interface to include instructions about usage, instructions about etiquette, and the ability to search for key words displayed in the /seacom entry of any character that is displaying a /seacom.

Allow a /seacom to be set for each individual category with a blank /seacom being designated as disabled for that category. In this way each player can enable and display a /seacom for Exp ~ Battles ~ Missions & Quests ~ Item ~ Linkshell ~ Looking for Friends ~ Others.

With the enhancement of the /seacom interface for quicker search results; create and allow for content tags to be attached to /seacom. Example: a /seacom applied to the Exp category could be tagged with a level range bracket selection and desired vana'diel area. Example: a /seacom applied to the Item category could be tagged with a item type selection, a crafting source selection, a battle content type selection, a level usage selection etc, a auction house inventory category selection.
    Detailed Example: Utu grip could be entered with text into the display of a /seacom under the {Item} category and then be tagged with {Omen} {LVL99} {Battlefield} {Grip} {Reisenjima}
    Detailed Example: Sublime sushi could be entered with text into the display of a /seacom under the {Item} category and then be tagged with {Cooking} {Food} {Synthesis} {Item} {Meals} {Seafood}.
    Allow for up to seven tags to be attached to eash active /seacom.

For those who further wish to denounce RMT and give constructive recommendations and advice:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ht=Scourge+RMT
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-WHERE-ARE-YOU
    Within this self-quote admittedly if all of my suggestions fully became implemented, it would be significant upgrades in coding and development. That being said, i am bumping this topic and if no effort is made with the NOV SE FFXI Digest, I will bring this subject up there.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 11-02-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast