Character
    Jangamaky
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Character rename by deactivation

I plan on renaming one of my characters during this special discounted event. I've always read the way to do it is to move the character to another server, create a mule on your original server with the original name, and then move it back to the server. The conflict forces a rename.

However, I was wondering if I could save a few bucks and deactivate the character instead of moving it. After a temporary mule is created with its original name, reactivation should force a rename. Has anyone tried this? If so, does it work?
    (0)

Player
    That doesn't work, even deactivated characters still retain their names, so do banned characters.

You have to delete it, or move it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    That doesn't work, even deactivated characters still retain their names, so do banned characters.

You have to delete it, or move it.
    This is true and very unfortunate. Someone who quit or was banned 15 years ago shouldn't be holding a name hostage.

Edit: Actually, I'm pretty sure character names on trial accounts are freed after 90 days, so there's no reason they couldn't free up old paid accounts.
    (0)