So one thing i think is really being missed right now ... and its so old and basic i can't believe it wasn't a feature already ....

Back in the days of the MUDS there was a process when one defeated the entire game ... called remort ... generally there was some bonus for doing so. but essentially you reset your character to the beginning of the game. It allowed you to get more running space out of the content you had .... many players no longer explore any of vanadiel besides the end game zones ....

What if you could reset a single job, and it allowed you to travel back through the game but while you did missions or quests you were locked to that job ... and there was some reward at the end for re touring the game as that job ... even better you could make a "hard mode" for the story as you climb back through it ... adding in extra enemies, or mechanics on the second pass.

maybe the reward is a chunk of JP, or points for deeds ...

But its another way to get all the players cycling through all the areas again ... thus making the game more approachable for new players ... remember the reward system i mentioned for mentors ... "dont worry new player ... let me just reset myself to lvl 1 and lets tackle this game together." and the end game player gets all those "level synch and showing the player the ropes benefits."